Bombers scandal: charged, <redacted> and <infracted>

Jonesbag

Hird is following the Lance Armstrong trail. Blame everyone else but himself. Jimmy's ego is bigger than EFC and the AFL, it would appear.

I would be booking in Oprah, or more likely Tim Watson, to interview him, when he confesses and tells us how hard it
has been on his family.

Dr. Bruce Reid's letter is damning, yet Little and Hird pretend the players have nothing to worry about.
I would expect right minded bomber fans to stop defending the Golden Boy, once they read that.

If Hird and Co. happen to be still running Essendon at the next draft, will draftees be able to refuse to go there?
The AFL has a duty of care, so I think it is likely that there will be no drafts to Essendon until this is all sorted.

I do like the fact that Tim Watson asked for clarity from the AFL, well, he has got a lot more info now. The whole 'AOD 9064 isn't going to harm the players' line was always rubbish. Do we know what doses the players were given? We don't, therefore, we don't know the impact. Timmy, tell us how all the other stuff that the players were given is known to be safe.

I want Shane Charter's work with Hird, while Hird was still playing, to be investigated.

I want the work of Dank/Robinson/Thompson at other sporting clubs to be investigated.

Finally, I would like the 2000 Premiership to be awarded to us.

• Like 1

Will there be a point where Essendon will need Hird to stand down. As it stands, it has the potential to cripple the club for a decade IMO

:-) I think you could take on advisory role at Essendon.

Well after doing the erasing, is that what the Ziggy report was about. To see how their world would look from the outside.

Maybe they thought that the lack of governance wouldn't have been looked upon so unfavourably. Think about it, if you're Vincent Vega, do want to be covered in blood or look like a dork?

i totally agree. But if all the evidence is wiped it can only be heresay.

The text messages may get them. :)

A quick comparison of the HUN and AGE websites makes for interesting reading. Another fascinating insight into the deplorable standards of our footy media and an example of how journalists continue to write with a clear agenda having long ago abandoned the simple yet ethical, facts first approach. How can two different papers offer such a different commentary?

Because the Hun is fed from the Hird camp. Fairfax is being fed by the AFL.

To be fair reporters will report what they are provided by the angling parties and who could blame them? I don't.

I find it ridiculous that Hird sees himself as the victim.

It's a narcissism that would make Lance Armstrong proud.

• Like 3

i totally agree. But if all the evidence is wiped it can only be heresay.

The text messages may get them. :)

Don't be too quick to assume the evidence has been wiped out. Now that really would be the final nail, if indeed another one is even needed.

I do like the fact that Tim Watson asked for clarity from the AFL, well, he has got a lot more info now. The whole 'AOD 9064 isn't going to harm the players' line was always rubbish. Do we know what doses the players were given? We don't, therefore, we don't know the impact. Timmy, tell us how all the other stuff that the players were given is known to be safe.

Don't buy that line, he was just putting up a media bluff on behalf of the Hird Reich. Part of their aggresive strategy to try to get the AFL to blink. I seriously doubt he believed the bluff would get called but it did.

To be fair reporters will report what they are provided by the angling parties and who could blame them? I don't.

I find it ridiculous that Hird sees himself as the victim.

It's a narcissism that would make Lance Armstrong proud.

It is bizarre but yet not I guess. When you have been lauded and lionised for 20 years it would be hard to hand over your crown.

Totally disagree. Journos should investigate the truth, not regurgitate what is fed to them by interested parties.

• Like 1

Is bb59 around or has he died and gone to heaven?!

Essendon are in real hot water here.

Hird smacks of denial, head in the sand sort of stuff

Totally disagree. Journos should investigate the truth, not regurgitate what is fed to them by interested parties.

Rupert feels the same way.

• Like 1

of course. But you make sure they do not exist.

Reformat every drive. Could be done in one night.

Gone.

Im not sure if you au fait with IT..serious IT and this isnt meant as any slight.

There are reformats, and there are reformats. They can occur at what is called different levels. Even a low level reformat may not neccessarily destroy much of anything. Reformatting doesnt actually wipe info It negates the path to it and facilitates an overwriting. Until the particular bytes of a drive are actually overwritten they still exist. Even with overwriting there can be a ghosting effect.

The funny thing is its not the actual hard drives id target it would be the back ups. Any decent org will have sequential backups . These are nearly ALWAYS forgotten about ...precious little things lol.

Arguably where ever the 'supplemental happenings" occurred its quite likely that proper backups werent carried out. I can tell you from a previous career in IT its not nearly as prevalent as it ought to be.

Unless the drives have been cast to a smelter..I wouldnt sleep well if they were mine

• Like 4

I blame them. When we stop blaming them for running stories with an obvious slant, driven by un-named sources with a clear agenda, they'll actually get worse and then worse. It's grim now but it can get worse. Anyway, back to the drugs. I'm struggling to get my head around the enormity of the report. I can't see a way for Hird to survive and the AFL will lose all credibility if a huge sanction against the club isn't handed down. When the huff and puff dies down, surely Essendon will sack Hird and avoid court and in so doing hang on to the hope of still having a team playing in the AFL in 2014.

• Like 1

Id love to know the side effects hird had when he injected himself.

But there is a special edition of FC tonight at 9:30 so that could be interesting

delusions of grandeur

• Like 1

Im not sure if you au fait with IT..serious IT and this isnt meant as any slight.

There are reformats, and there are reformats. They can occur at what is called different levels. Even a low level reformat may not neccessarily destroy much of anything. Reformatting doesnt actually wipe info It negates the path to it and facilitates an overwriting. Until the particular bytes of a drive are actually overwritten they still exist. Even with overwriting there can be a ghosting effect.

The funny thing is its not the actual hard drives id target it would be the back ups. Any decent org will have sequential backups . These are nearly ALWAYS forgotten about ...precious little things lol.

Arguably where ever the 'supplemental happenings" occurred its quite likely that proper backups werent carried out. I can tell you from a previous career in IT its not nearly as prevalent as it ought to be.

Unless the drives have been cast to a smelter..I wouldnt sleep well if they were mine

Yes i am aware of all that.

I have been to Recovery labs in Melbourne. They are big business now.

We have a large server at work that run 10 Edit Suites. Recovery has been required once!!

You are correct BB but data is not always retrievable and often corrupted.

If they are already guilty then it is worth a go!

And if they are provided evidence from a regular source who is at the centre of the action then why wouldn't they publish??

And how are you in the position to determine whether the truth is being told?

Given the release of the charges by the AFL, if anything the chorus against Essendon in the media has been understated.

On the other hand they have printed what Hird has said which is in itself is newsworthy. It's pity Hird seems delusional.

Yes i am aware of all that.

I have been to Recovery labs in Melbourne. They are big business now.

We have a large server at work that run 10 Edit Suites. Recovery has been required once!!

Then you get it.. Many out there will think theyve cleaned up after themselves.......and they havent;...lol

of course. But you make sure they do not exist.

Reformat every drive. Could be done in one night.

Gone.

takes more than a reformat to erase data completely

its actually quite a difficult process to do correctly, which is why many companies find it easier and cheaper to physically destruct the drives

• Like 1

takes more than a reformat to erase data completely

its actually quite a difficult process to do correctly, which is why many companies find it easier and cheaper to physically destruct the drives

yes. A recovery lab must be dust free and many of them sterile environments.

Then you get it.. Many out there will think theyve cleaned up after themselves.......and they havent;...lol

If you know what you are doing its easy.

Otherwise you are screwed.

short of melting the sucker...id be wary :unsure::rolleyes:

keep in mind they dont need to recover everything...just ...bits ( and bytes..lol )

• Like 1

yes. A recovery lab must be dust free and many of them sterile environments.

thing is most drives are themselves self contained sterile environments :)