Bombers scandal: charged, <redacted> and <infracted>

Jonesbag

Essendon need to be turfed out on their ear.

• Like 1

Supplements scandal change to Medicare policy could cost millions

The MFC and all other clubs now suffer thanks to those cheating pricks

Our membership money will go to things like this

[censored] Essendon

Can't see a connection here with Essendon at all, although the writer was trying to draw some.

The whole of the community at the moment subsidises the cost of operations to sportsmen and women (that's our money and not just membership money) and in a professional sport like football there is a good argument to be made that they shouldn't be funded by the general public.

Not saying it's right or wrong just saying it is a debate worth having.

Do they even have a case wj? I find it hard to believe ASADA would make such silly mistakes

As I've said before, I don't think the Essendon case has merit and the Bombers simply don't have enough to enable a ruling to set aside the evidence collected by ASADA.

• Like 1

Even if it does get thrown out (and that in my book is a big if) It doesn't mean they can't continue their case. At worst they will start again an re-interview everybody. Of course Ess would want this as they can turn their list over in the next two years.

They truly are cheating low life maggots.

. At worst they will start again an re-interview everybody.

Including interviewing AFL and getting their hands on AFL evidence,{if the court deems it illegal this time}

I dont think Essenhird will prevail. Middleton has allowed them to progress but I sense thats more as a technicality. I think the actuality of the case is tenuous at best at more likely fluff and bubble.

I find it more likely the pundits will front court and find themselves facing a line of canon. WADA waiting to strike.

The case so far:-

Essendon & Anor. v ASADA

Thanks mate, interesting reading.

I cant see the case being sufficient to have the evidence thrown out. Obviously ASADA is tapping the mat on a few things but given the powers that the AFL and ASADA used exisit and evidence can be shared after the event it appears Middleton is more likely to use his discretion to allow the matter to proceed.

Can Hird and Little appeal to a higher court if things dont go there way?

Thanks mate, interesting reading.

I cant see the case being sufficient to have the evidence thrown out. Obviously ASADA is tapping the mat on a few things but given the powers that the AFL and ASADA used exisit and evidence can be shared after the event it appears Middleton is more likely to use his discretion to allow the matter to proceed.

Can Hird and Little appeal to a higher court if things dont go there way?

they might...as they seem hell bent on destruction

Cant see it stopping the infraction notices though....and then theyre stuffed.

It's getting worse and worse for the bombers

This makes me happy

MN,

I am no doubt missing something here, however what concrete things have actually happened in the last few weeks even months to tell us for sure that "It's getting worse and worse for the bombers".

Please enlighten me,

Regards

IHS

The case put by the Bombers to have the joint Investigation decaled illegal and all the evidence chucked out is in the opinion of some on here and obviously ASADA, not strong. Even if the Judge finds the jont investigation illegal there are a range of discretionary reasons that the judge can use to allow theinvestigation to proceed. Historically Courts are loath to throw entire cases out on technicalities unless the reasons are compelling. The case put by Essendon is based more on how the AFL rules were used rather than actions taken for which no powers exist.

The fact that Essendon have taken this action rather than answer the show cause and show why they should not be listed on the register by the ADRVP indicates that they themselves believe that the evidence against them is compelling and that infractions are likely to follow. If they has evidence that showed they did nothing wrong they would use it.

Taking this action may ultimately negatively impact on the Bombers as it means remissions to any bans may not be available to them.

The show cause was a concrete step that made things worse for the Bombers.

• Like 1

Good summary bedraggled and thanks again wj. Bd I disagree I think about the six months being taken off the table. I reckon they will still offer they to the players for two reasons. One, even though I guess the players are involved so far it is ESS v asada. Secondly they will want their help to get dank and maybe third.

So what's new with my favourite drug cheats?

They certainly appeared to find "something new" last night vs Pies. Can a team be so up and down on a diet of carbohydrates, fats, protein and minerals alone??

They certainly appeared to find "something new" last night vs Pies. Can a team be so up and down on a diet of carbohydrates, fats, protein and minerals alone??

I was watching the game with my mother in law and she looked at me at one point and asked what was going on? all I could say was the bombers had the dosage this week right.

• Like 1

McVeigh

"Every player knew what we were taking ... if you didn't know, you must have been asleep in the meeting, which Kyle probably was.

Gee I'm confused. They knew then they didn't know or they were duped. In any case it doesn't matter cos we are not guilt. We didn't take anything banned.

• Like 1

Good summary bedraggled and thanks again wj. Bd I disagree I think about the six months being taken off the table. I reckon they will still offer they to the players for two reasons. One, even though I guess the players are involved so far it is ESS v asada. Secondly they will want their help to get dank and maybe third.

I agree about the players and recon it is a good thing they have not joined the Club and Hird in court action.

MY point was about remissions available to Hird and the Club as I would not be surprised to see a raft of show causes notices issued if player get bans. The Club itself could be banned under the rules.

I can't comprehend the stupid loyalty the players had for the club.

The club has injected them with substances that may or may not have future effects on their health or their families health.

Whether this was agreed to by the players is irrelevant.

The use of these peptides were approved by the club.

No wonder the players are now taking their own course of action.

No matter what the final result is, if you were a player or potential player would you openly

Put your health at risk in the hands of a bunch of cheats.

How does the AFL deal with this scenario?

The club could be delisted in which case we have an extra bye each week or install a new club

Will this be the end of Essendon as an AFL club, or will they resurrect themselves under a new name.

It's intriguing to say the least.

• Like 3

Put your health at risk in the hands of a bunch of cheats.

How does the AFL deal with this scenario?

After remembering years ago everybody hated it when the league had a bye.

I think in today's footy,a bye will be welcomed by every playing list and actually suits the draw.

After remembering years ago everybody hated it when the league had a bye.

I think in today's footy,a bye will be welcomed by every playing list and actually suits the draw.

We have been having bye's for 18 games a year in recent times jazza

How does that work?