The Trade/Draft Rumour Mill

MadAsHell

Interesting, the player manager I often get my news from told me at the start of the week that we were pursuing another person from Sydney 'very actively'. Said player was not keen on the direction of the club.

Was very secretive about it, but I gathered from that it was another player from GWS, but given the facts that may or may not be true it could change everything!! I'll pretend I have no idea and run with this GWS player and see what I can pry. Keep us informed though GNF, your info at the moment is elite!

Might well have been Jed Lamb?

LOL to those who wouldn't trade Howe and 9 for Kennedy.

Sorry, but I don't care how much potential Howe has. He is arguably surplus to requirements anyway, with Hogan, Clark, Dawes and even Watts able to take a strong mark up forward. He isn't a crumbing forward, isn't a mid and therefore his only real development space is out on the wings or on a flank. I'll concede he is definitely a great target for someone like Toumpas coming uot of half back, but equally, Clark and Dawes could probably be that target.

So, do we want a potential floating wing/HFF or one of the best players, let alone best mids, in the competition?

And yes, you can land a star with pick 9, but you might not. You could also just trade for someone who is a star now, who you might 'only' get 5 years from, instead of 10.

Every. Day. Of. The. Week.

• Like 4

LOL to those who wouldn't trade Howe and 9 for Kennedy. Sorry, but I don't care how much potential Howe has. He is arguably surplus to requirements anyway, with Hogan, Clark, Dawes and even Watts able to take a strong mark up forward. He isn't a crumbing forward, isn't a mid and therefore his only real development space is out on the wings or on a flank. I'll concede he is definitely a great target for someone like Toumpas coming uot of half back, but equally, Clark and Dawes could probably be that target. So, do we want a potential floating wing/HFF or one of the best players, let alone best mids, in the competition? And yes, you can land a star with pick 9, but you might not. You could also just trade for someone who is a star now, who you might 'only' get 5 years from, instead of 10. Every. Day. Of. The. Week.

Those that wouldn't trade Howe for one of the best mids in the game need to take those rose coloured glasses off and get a spine. These are the sorts of tough decisions we need to start making if we're to be successful. Either way, if we don't get him, I'm already stoked by this trade period.

• Like 10

LOL to those who wouldn't trade Howe and 9 for Kennedy. Sorry, but I don't care how much potential Howe has. He is arguably surplus to requirements anyway, with Hogan, Clark, Dawes and even Watts able to take a strong mark up forward. He isn't a crumbing forward, isn't a mid and therefore his only real development space is out on the wings or on a flank. I'll concede he is definitely a great target for someone like Toumpas coming uot of half back, but equally, Clark and Dawes could probably be that target. So, do we want a potential floating wing/HFF or one of the best players, let alone best mids, in the competition? And yes, you can land a star with pick 9, but you might not. You could also just trade for someone who is a star now, who you might 'only' get 5 years from, instead of 10. Every. Day. Of. The. Week.

Plain and simple people have differing opinions and I'm of the view that Roos wouldn't part ways with pick 9 and Howe to get Kennedy, (speaking hypothetically obviously).

It's not about rose coloured glasses. It's about belief in development with the right people in charge. I'm all for getting Kennedy, but for a deal that will benefit us both short and longterm.

• Like 1

Coming from the child who cries because people like Kent rumour posts.

You're a bit of a Kent aren't you....

Not as much as a ''Damo Barrett'' as yourself.

Anyhoo back on topic anyone still reckon we will pinch one more player before the week ends? Hopefully a Sam Docherty slips to the PSD

Edited by dazzledavey36

Not as much as a ''Damo Barrett'' as yourself.

Anyhoo back on topic anyone still reckon we will pinch one more player before the week ends? Hopefully a Sam Docherty slips to the PSD

For some reason I get the feeling we aren't finished yet. Normally the club will come out and say our trading is done as of yet I haven't heard that (I may be mistaken) I'm not saying we can get Kennedy but I get the feeling we are after someone else.

For some reason I get the feeling we aren't finished yet. Normally the club will come out and say our trading is done as of yet I haven't heard that (I may be mistaken) I'm not saying we can get Kennedy but I get the feeling we are after someone else.

I too have a feeling we will pinch someone under a clubs nose whether its a Sam Docherty or that Karnizis from brissy?

Those that wouldn't trade Howe for one of the best mids in the game need to take those rose coloured glasses off and get a spine. These are the sorts of tough decisions we need to start making if we're to be successful. Either way, if we don't get him, I'm already stoked by this trade period.

to be fair, I don't think anyone is disputing Kennedy>Howe, but Kennedy>Howe+pick 9

either way its a ripper deal for us

I too have a feeling we will pinch someone under a clubs nose whether its a Sam Docherty or that Karnizis from brissy?

Karnezis will either get to North or Collingwood plus we don't need him. I actually don't rate him that highly. Docherty maybe but if Carlton weren't into him then I doubt anyone would be talking about him. I don't know who the player is but I have a feeling we're after someone. I actually wouldn't mind having a go at Birchall for pick 9 and a player. They have Suckling coming back and Schoenmakers aswell and pick 9 may appeal to them. Next to no chance of it happening but money talks these days.

I can confirm that GWS were genuinely gob smacked by the Swans play on Franklin.

They thought they had him, and we're completely blind sided by the offer. They had no idea.

It was kept so secret by the Swans - they were actually impressed by how secretive it'd all been.

BUT - here's the rub it seems. I also reckon the Swans players had no idea. And, I suspect, many of them were not, and are not, cool about it.

Perhaps this rumour has legs.

• Like 14

I can confirm that GWS were genuinely gob smacked by the Swans play on Franklin.

They thought they had him, and we're completely blind sided by the offer. They had no idea.

It was kept so secret by the Swans - they were actually impressed by how secretive it'd all been.

BUT - here's the rub it seems. I also reckon the Swans players had no idea. And, I suspect, many of them were not, and are not, cool about it.

Swans players definitely didn't know Buddy was coming.

But I agree about the Swans keeping it a secret especially someone as big as Buddy.. Though Liam Pickering nearly let it out of the yet that interview lol

Edited by dazzledavey36

Goodes (pretty certain it was Goodes) was adamant that the players knew nothing about this till it happened

as well as a 9+1 contract we could toss in pia (millsy would understand.....i think)

You're going to far with that one GWW! Pia staying!

• Like 1