POST MATCH DISCUSSION

Demonland

yes it is hard to argue that a margin of 1 point is the same as 200 points, therefore 1=200, yet here we are

no, 1 does not equal 200, but in the context of wins versus percentages essentially for our ladder position a one point margin is the same as a 200 point margin. I think we can concede percentage this year and just concentrate on the wins instead.

Now, what was the mathematical chance of finals again?

Oh, and to add to the other important sub-thread of this conversation, (hen) and (rooster) are subsets of (chook), whilst (nouns) is a subset of (words), but (hopefully) Jesse Hogan will be a subset of (great full forwards of all time).

He's a gem. It's great to hear. I wonder where Grimes fits in now. He'd have to play in the midfield or on a wing wouldn't he? Don't ruin a good thing.

Grimes in for Dunn. Frawley, Garland, McDonald, Grimes, Terlich and Clisby could well be the solid back six we've been waiting for.

• Like 1

Grimes in for Dunn. Frawley, Garland, McDonald, Grimes, Terlich and Clisby could well be the solid back six we've been waiting for.

Perhaps, though Grimes turns it over too much by foot for mine. He certainly couldn't play key position like Dunn either. In fact, I think Dunn's a better kick than Grimes too. I'm sure he'll come in once fit, but I can't find a place for him outside of the midfield. That is if Clisby keeps holding his place.

Just watched a replay, 100% sober this time.

I've been one of his critics, but that is surely one of the best games Dan Nicholson has played. A noticeable improvement in his kicking (82%DE) but more importantly his endeavour going both ways was first class and all of his 11 tackles were crucial. Take a bow Nicho.

• Like 4

Has the Geish justified it yet? Shocking decisions.

Too busy explaining that other shoddy decision in the Blues game. No time to acknowledge mistakes in other games.

There is a brief mention in the following article : http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/melbourne-hold-off-fast-finshing-western-bulldogs-to-win-by-three-points-at-the-mcg/story-fndv8pdq-1226671961750

Even worse, one of those goals came from an incorrect call by a boundary umpire, when Lachlan Hunter kicked the ball into the shin of teammate Jackson McRae and somehow won a free kick when the ball rebounded over the boundary line on the full.

I wonder when these umpiring gurus will figure out theyve over complicated the game, get rid of some of the silly nuances and restore the spectacle and contest.

Tom mcdonald has got to be the worst player. He is so indecisive and he usually picks the worst decision out of all of the options. Hyped because he can run but seriously, we can't go forward with him in the team

Good one mate! He was rated best on ground inThe Age. His last 2 games have been outstanding.

• Like 1

So when is someone going to say the Dog are clearly Tanking?

Hope they have a spare $500,000 to give to the AFL.

Good one mate! He was rated best on ground inThe Age. His last 2 games have been outstanding.

Agree, he had a good game but geez his decision making at times is just..........scary.

Geez we're harsh on young players. He is developing every game & will be a 10 year champion player. As his confidence & the teams confidence grows ...skills & decision making improve. No-one is perfect immediately .....already a lot of harsh criticism of young players has been shown to be unwarranted ...I.e Nicholson, terlich etc. they also still have a lot of improvement as players but as they all edge closer to 60 odd games then we will see their true worth.

• Like 2

Geez we're harsh on young players. He is developing every game & will be a 10 year champion player. As his confidence & the teams confidence grows ...skills & decision making improve. No-one is perfect immediately .....already a lot of harsh criticism of young players has been shown to be unwarranted ...I.e Nicholson, terlich etc. they also still have a lot of improvement as players but as they all edge closer to 60 odd games then we will see their true worth.

For a young guy coming in to a crap side like ours he's been nothing short of outstanding and I'm quite excited about our back line with him in it. If we can get some of our forwards and a mid or two back on the park I reckon we could give a couple of sides a shake this year. My optimism meter is cranking up and to see young kids like him run the ball out of the back line makes it a bit more enjoyable going to he football.

• Like 1

Enjoyed the game but boy we have some midfield problems. Our set up seems all wrong and when Libba and Minson tear it up in the middle yet we can't stop it there are massive issues.

Boys tried hard and the one thing that is always missing from Melbourne which I saw last night - players running to their team mates to pat them on the back, offer support, pick them up and generally encourage them is the biggest and most obvious sign that this playing group have turned the corner and are playing for Craig (and maybe their careers). They seemed committed and happy to be out there. That is a huge slap in the face for neeld and to me vindicates the decision to dump him (not that it needed any more vindication)

I thought the last quarter, in particular, showed how important is Jamar. Minson nearly killed us, too strong and fit for Maxie. Thought perhaps Fitz should have been tried more in the last quarter, on Minson. Big Max was buggered

Can the NFC still make the finals in 2013?

So when is someone going to say the Dog are clearly Tanking?

Hope they have a spare $500,000 to give to the AFL.

I'm wondering when someone is going to say that almost losing a 44 point lead halfway through the last quarter is evidence of tanking.

With 10.55 minutes remaining in the game,we were 44 points in front and then we conceded 7 consecutive goals.

All I was saying is if we play the same style,Sydney will hammer us by 40+

It's great being ultra offensive but we leaked goals heavily in the last 10 minutes,it looked like 2011 under Bails.

Just watched a replay, 100% sober this time.

I've been one of his critics, but that is surely one of the best games Dan Nicholson has played. A noticeable improvement in his kicking (82%DE) but more importantly his endeavour going both ways was first class and all of his 11 tackles were crucial. Take a bow Nicho.

Yes but he was on griffen for a lot of the night who killed us....

Just sayin.....

Just sayin.....

Griffen, Cooney and Minson were the ones that nearly won the game for them in that last quarter. All senior, experienced players, who led the way for Libba to play some of his best footy.

The fighback was due to a number of factors in my view - we had forgotten how to protect a lead/win, we tired late, their leaders/senior players stood up, d!ck head umpires.

Geez some of you are a miserable lot. We won!!!

Stayed home today courtesy of a bad head cold and watched the replay. Enjoyed it even more the second time around.

Just sayin.....

probably ran out of puff, lost a yard, he wasnt alone