The real elephant in the room

Alf Stewart

Is anyone else fearful that we will probably be in all mighty trouble regarding the Drug Investigation. Now it looks like Essendoin were definitely doing something dodgy to some degree. By associatoin we are also in all likelihood in all sorts of problems.Is it feasible we could play next year without Trengove, JMAC, Dunn and whoever else was named in the ABC 7.30 report?

Here are some of the text from the 7.30 report. I dont like it at all. I can smell another MFC implosion coming.

This connects Dank, Craig, Misson etc

Dank to Bates:

"Meeting with Neil Craig next Tuesday or Wednesday. Spoke to Dave today."

Bates to Dank:

"Great."

Dank to Bates:

"He seems still very keen."

Bates to Dank:

"Definitely have a good crack."

Trengove taking some form of AOD...., Wonderful

Bates to Dank:

"Sorry you still up? Trengove is not going to Darwin so I don't need the thymomodulin for tomorrow."

Dank to Bates:

"Should we consider AOD cream for Jack Trengove's navicular?"

Bates to Dank:

"Yep. ...

Dank to Bates:

"When we will start Jack Trengove on the AOD?"

Bates to Dank:

"Tomorrow"

Bates to Dank:

"Where can I get him to pick it up from?"

Dank to Bates:

"The pharmacy. Tell him to ring me and he can meet me there."

Dank possibly talking in tongues to a dumbstruck MFC Doctor

Dank to Bates:

"Sorry mate. In a meeting. Spoke to ASADA. No problems. They will confirm by email. No issues their end."

Bates to Dank:

"Excellent"

Some players were beginning to request his treatments.

The next day a timetable for injections was set out for seven players.

Bates to Dank:

"...Lynden Dunn would like an injection on Thursday if possible (good about Dunny asking, as he is doing it because the other guys have said they feel good). Dan."

Dank to Bates:

"Great. I will book him in."

Later that night the two men congratulated each other on a job well done.

Bates to Dank:

"...Do you have the times for the injections tomorrow?"

Dank to Bates:

I do...

Bates to Dank:

"Fantastic, thanks mate"

Dank to Bates:

"I just wanted to thank you for all the support and the belief over the last five months. That is so important when the knockers line up."

Bates to Dank:

"Mate, you have some amazing knowledge that has always stacked up with evidence from external sources. I am frustrated that we are not further along at Melbourne but you can see from the list for tomorrow they are all getting on board. We can continue to develop things at footy but I think we can really do some stuff with the cells. Dan."

The texts continued until February 5, when Dank was preparing to meet Bates

Dank to Bates:

"I will drop in around 11.00."

In response to the 7.30 Report on ABC television the Melbourne Football Club makes the following statement:

• Immediately following the announcement of the investigation into Essendon Football Club, the Melbourne Football Club launched an internal review into its own supplements program

• The review found no evidence that the supplements program at the Club contravened any ASADA or WADA guidelines and no evidence that any player at the Melbourne Football Club had been administered a banned substance at any time

• As previously stated, Stephen Dank did apply for a position at the Melbourne Football Club in 2012 but was not successful. He was known to the Club via this process and to the Club Doctor, Dr Dan Bates

• The 7.30 Report referred to injections. These injections were prescribed by Dr Bates and comprised vitamin B, C and Glutathione (an anti oxidant) injections to some players. These injections were administered by a registered nurse at a medical clinic recommended by Dank. The Club has received confirmation from the medical clinic that the injections administered were as prescribed

• The program also made reference to a cream which is not prohibited under ASADA and WADA guidelines

• The 7.30 Report program made reference to Thymomodulin, Cerebrolysin, Naltrexone, Tribulus and Oxytocin. None of these substances were prescribed by Dr Bates for players at the Melbourne Football Club

• As soon as the investigation was launched into the Essendon Football Club, the Melbourne Football Club instructed all staff including Dr Bates to sever all ties with Stephen Dank which occurred

• The Club’s protocol and governance in relation to all treatment of players is that only the Club Doctor can prescribe and approve treatment to players. This system meant that at no time was Dank able to directly treat players

• Dank and Dr Bates communicated via email, phone and text, regarding supplements (prior to the investigation). Our processes require Dr Bates to consider the appropriateness of any treatment and make a determination as to its suitability at all times, to ensure that the welfare of our players is always maintained

• Every supplement included in the Club’s supplement regime is approved by the Club Doctor and is in accordance with all ASADA and WADA guidelines

• The Club will continue to co-operate with the AFL and its ongoing investigation

I am sure we are going to be in for some pain on this.

I would prefer to just get it over with than keep this Damocles sword hanging above our head.

Get Bates in a room with ASADA and get it done.

PJ has stated that we have nothing to fear in this regard.

I doubt this bloke would come out with that given his factual nature.

I'm confident we're in the clear.

• Like 2

He was confident when asked wasn't he.

And Julia Gillard said there would be no carbon tax and 2013 would see a budget surplus. (600 times)

When did he state this?

Link please

True but we have all been Demons long enough to know that in situations like this the Goal posts can move quite quickly and ferociously.

You're not wrong Alf. Strike me flippin' roan, we don't need any more intrigue and innuendo.

Nothing to see here, look away. If we were guilty of taking banned substances our boys would be playing like Jobe Watson and the Bombers. The reality is that they're playing worse than when they were allegedly tanking which proves that all they were taking was placebos that don't work.

When PJ had one of his pressors a journo ask him about the drug investigation and he said "I am not concerned at all about it".

That was it nothing more said on the matter.

I think he knows probably via the AFL that we are all good.

Wouldn't worry tbh

• Like 1

Nothing to see here, look away. If we were guilty of taking banned substances our boys would be playing like Jobe Watson and the Bombers. The reality is that they're playing worse than when they were allegedly tanking which proves that all they were taking was placebos that don't work.

True our players probably took the POD064 drug. Pro Obesity Drug Pederson, Dunn, for example.

He was confident when asked wasn't he.

Yes he was. Brushed it off as if it was not even worth a mention.

When did he state this?

Link please

IIRC, it was during the presser at Neelds sacking.

I may be slightly off here but he definitely did give similar comment in one of his media appearances.

The MFC players could not have taken any performance enhacing drugs!

If anyone needs any proof they should just look at how badly the team plays.

I challenge anyone to find evidence that a single MFC player actually improved his performance in 2013!

It just simply did not happen.

• Like 1

The MFC players could not have taken any performance enhacing drugs!

If anyone needs any proof they should just look at how badly the team plays.

I challenge anyone to find evidence that a single MFC player actually improved his performance in 2013!

It just simply did not happen.

Brock McLean got better - does that count?

We're the whipping boy of the decade. If there was more to this the media be running with it, and rubbing our noses in it, every chance they had. Based on this I tend to think we dodged a bullet purely on timing rather than anything else.

If Essendon had have imploded 12 months later though...

• Like 1

With all these elephants running around, I think its time to buy some elephant guns and do some culling..... :)

SAVE THE ELEPHANTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They are ehdanged you know LOL

Edited by TheBigFrog