Changes Next Week v Western Bulldogs

How long does Trengove get?

There were a couple of high balls that any AFL player would have backed themselves to at least try to make a contest, but Trengove knew his plodding speed was no chance. Sad, sure. But I've seen enought.

And Watts? fmd.

Probably one of Watts's better games.

no, No, NO, NOOOoo.

We should never give players a game just so we can have a look at them. The need to deserve it, to earn it. We need to take a leaf out of the Swans manual where there young players are made earn it in the reserves before they are even considered, then they are made wait until an opportunity presents, then they have to continue to earn it, and when they finally come in they come in, it is with a mature body and a more importanty a mature mindset.

We'd play with 10 men each week if that was the case.

Holy cow indeed.. these two make baby Jesus cry.

Watts at the moment is a leading forward not a forward who can smash open packs like Clark or maybe a fit Dawes? but he did OK today. What would you expect from a leading forward at MFC today? You just get burnt time and time again. The kicking to a target is Shyte! The kicking to your advantage as the top sides do to make Buddy and co look so good is non existent. In the end Jack got 2, missed a couple but set up a couple so booke even. And there was no help really from Dawes who must have been injured when you compare his lack of run today compared to last time he played.

Watts at the moment is a leading forward not a forward who can smash open packs like Clark or maybe a fit Dawes? but he did OK today. What would you expect from a leading forward at MFC today? You just get burnt time and time again. The kicking to a target is Shyte! The kicking to your advantage as the top sides do to make Buddy and co look so good is non existent. In the end Jack got 2, missed a couple but set up a couple so booke even. And there was no help really from Dawes who must have been injured when you compare his lack of run today compared to last time he played.

Cool story bro.

But I was talking about Pederson and Dunn :)

• Like 1

Those calling for Watts to be dropped are just showing their anti-Watts bias. I presume they're at home watching Naitanui's one highlight for the game on repeat, too.

Watts' second efforts, aggression, intensity, speed, and willingness to get involved were all up today. He was clearly one of our best. For the second week in a row he had no support, with Dawes out again (Fitzpatrick isn't good enough). With Dawes, Clark and Hogan, Watts goes from the primary focus to more being like Gunston for Hawthorn, and that will only make him more dangerous.

Out: Spencer (if suspended), Dunn, Pedersen

In: Gawn (if Spencer goes), Frawley, Magner/Taggert

Frawley has to come back, and against the Dogs we're going to need more presence in contested possession. Pedersen goes because the Dogs are a small side, with McDonald and Frawley more than sufficient. Dunn has to go, he's adding nothing to the side. I'd rather Craig take a look at Magner, or Taggert, or someone else who performs well at Casey tomorrow.

• Like 5

Cool story bro.

But I was talking about Pederson and Dunn :)

Yeah sorry not sure what I was doing here. Got the wrong reply quote. Re Dunn what is going on with him? Last year I thought he had developed into a smart half forward with a hard body and a few smarts. But what happened in the off season? His only future now in my opinion is as a run with mid or maybe a forward.

AFL are a joke if Spencer gets suspended, he was going to tackle, that spud McEvoy fumbled it and stuck his head down, Spencer pulled up as best he could, contact was inevitable and caused by McEvoy fumbling.

Free kick, nothing more.

Didn't see it - one if the radio commentators, not sure who, said he would get 5 weeks yet the Saint who apparently KOd Dawes intentionally behind the play may get a week!

Yeah sorry not sure what I was doing here. Got the wrong reply quote. Re Dunn what is going on with him? Last year I thought he had developed into a smart half forward with a hard body and a few smarts. But what happened in the off season? His only future now in my opinion is as a run with mid or maybe a forward.

Think you'll find Dunn played more in defence last year.

First time I have ever seen him being accused of being smart.

• Like 2

Definite changes
Out: Pedersen, Spencer (susp) - unless he gets off on the he's a good bloke Luke Hodge rule
In; Frawley, Gawn

Possible changes depending on Casey form etc.

Out; Rodan, Byrnes, Dunn

In:? Strauss, Magner, McKenzie, Taggert, Tapscott, Macdonald

I hate Dunn as much as the next guy don't get me wrong but I saw him play on Stanley for large chunks and Stanley barely registered a stat until he had to ruck the second half. His kicking was also better today. Obviously his attack on the ball and decision making is the way out of line but I feel they is an element of persisting with him now. He's got his 2 year deal and he's got this unnatural ability to be completely useless for the entire length of the deal until a new role with 11 matches remaining sees him turn into a potential star. Maybe it's time to say we are sticking

Byrnes really disappointed me today with his kicking and decision making that were very good early in the season. He's very out of sorts but with Blease, Kent, Davey and Watts I'm not overly keen on adding another young forward without a big tank.

Rodan is Rodan. Seems to get going in the second half of games because in the first he just doesn't spread and run as required. He just drops off too much. Of course he is slightly better than some around the packs but it might not be enough.

At the same time I don't want to reward a semi decent effort with 5 changes which is why besides the obvious first 2 I'm open to wait and see on any others.

Thought Watts was great today, please leave him at full forward.

Out : Byrnes, Rodan, Pederson Spencer (suspended)

In : Gawn,Magner,Frawley,Taggert.

• Like 2

Watts was good

Some people just like to cry about anything

Watts was good, and you could see the frustration he showed when he continually got poor delivery.. We couldn't even kick to his advantage for a 50/50? At least he showed some passion!

Magner has to come in! For the worst on!

Find any excuse to put Trengove on the long term injury list.. Let him actually recover from his foot injury and freshen up wit the rest of the year off, both mentally and physically! Let him go back and get himself 100 percent for next year. The. He can come back next year and play like he did when he started.. (Captaincy free! Because Jones will be captain.)

Bring in couch and tell him he has ten games to earn a spot on the list next year!

Play Howe at full forward, leave Sylvia in the middle! And I would like a lot of you demonlanders have suggested run Terlich through the middle in a Harry O like Role. The bloke has a hunger for the bl that I haven't seen at the dees for a long time, reminds me of an early jones!

We still suck! But let's reward players like Magner and play the kids like blease! How good does he look when he has the coach behind him?

123 [censored] the Mexicans!

• Like 2

Think you'll find Dunn played more in defence last year.

First time I have ever seen him being accused of being smart.

Yeah sorry again too many distractions here at the moment with the Lions vs Wallabies. I meant a smart half back last year. But take your point smart ain't the right word but I did think he may have had a future. In the end I'm not sure why Dunn could not give us a year or two more of service. After 9 years of senior footy you would normally pick up some smarts and poise and be able to competently play a role but no this is MFC. We don't do that here!

can we please just win

please

Organise some kind of midseason trade and take Ryan Griffen, Boyd and Murphy from the dogs and put them in our team and it would be game over we'd win by 5-10 goals. Unfortunately those 3 represent the topline midfielders and touch of class that we desperately lack. Just maybe with Frawley, a firing Dawes and a modern miracle in our midfield we could make it interesting.

For good or bad keep the same team.

Too many changers each week is a killer.

• Like 1

How long does Trengove get?

There were a couple of high balls that any AFL player would have backed themselves to at least try to make a contest, but Trengove knew his plodding speed was no chance. Sad, sure. But I've seen enought.

And Watts? fmd.

Trengove wasnt terrific today but it's impossible for his disposal count to go up when we:

A. Barely get the ball

B. No one delivers it to him, because he is not a rover he's an outside player, always was , always will be.

Watts;

Probably in our top 3 or 4 players.

DONT YOU DARE BAG WATT'S PERFORMANCE TODAY. Last 2 weeks has shown more than something

• Like 2

In: Chippa, Magner, Jetta, Mckenzie

Out: Spencer (susp), Pedo, Dunn, next worst player

reason to bring in smalls against dogs is to match them with there running abilities.

or we can leave dunn in to tag Brett Goodes and do a forward tag. Goodes gets alot of cheap ball and we could damage his output on the game

Mckenzie- Tag Griffen or Magner to tag him

Probably one of Watts's better games.

Seemed to me he did some good things, but an equal number of poor ones. He certainly showed some 'passion' though. Not sure I am convinced he is a natural footballer.

Coming out and saying he wants to stay at MFC is a pretty big statement tho'.