WELCOME TO DEMONLAND - PAUL ROOS

timmyo64

At the West coast he gets all the above plus a better team to start with, warmer weather and a better place for Mrs Roos.

I think I know who I would pick!

I don't think WCE would be able to match the money the AFL could offer...

Plus with us he gets to reside in the best city in the world!

It is west coast we are talking about here.

They have more money than they can spend.

If they want him they can equal any bid we put on the table.

Now here is an idea perhaps with Roos is not all about the salary level.

Not according to Mrs Roos!

Roos, Craig, WIlliams and Eade are all Very good coaches, we are in a good position to land a quality experienced senior coach

although we have PJ and the AFL determined for that to be roos!

would not be surprised if it is already a done deal hashing out finer details

I hope that any deal the club is trying to broker with Roos is going to include an arrangement that will allow him to continue his work coaching at the QBE Sydney Swans Academy... I understand that this is one of his passions and would hate to see it become a show stopper.

Edit: I know it probably seems like a conflict of interests, but is it something that might be an obstacle in getting him to coach us?

Edited by hardtack

I hope that any deal the club is trying to broker with Roos is going to include an arrangement that will allow him to continue his work coaching at the QBE Sydney Swans Academy... I understand that this is one of his passions and would hate to see it become a show stopper.

Thats the most ridiculous thing iv ever heard, though I'm not surprised . Edited by mjt
  • Like 2

Much of what we spectate currently I sense is more abouth the appearance of things more than the substance.

smoke and miROrs Of Sorts :rolleyes:

Hardtack..... No man can have TWO masters !

• Like 1

Thats most ridiculous thing iv ever heard, though I'm not surprised .

mjt - I suggest you go back and read over some of your own posts.

BB... I agree, but my question was what will we do if it becomes a sticking point.

Hardtack ..the sticking point sts wears a skirt lol

mjt - I suggest you go back and read over some of your own posts.

BB... I agree, but my question was what will we do if it becomes a sticking point.

Hardtack, what the hell happened to Nath Jones in your avatar?

Edit: I know it probably seems like a conflict of interests, but is it something that might be an obstacle in getting him to coach us?

Whiskey

Tango

Foxtrot

• Like 4

Whiskey

Tango

Foxtrot

Yeah, yeah, I know... we all say things we later regret, but the question as to whether it might be an impediment still remains.

I really hope we get roos. But not only because of the footy (although that will be nice). From a purely academic point of view we actually have a chance to test sine of the seemingly outlandish "if we get x or membership will increase by $Z,000" claims that hear so often! We will learn for sure the impact of picking up the coach on membership.

At the West coast he gets all the above plus a better team to start with, warmer weather and a better place for Mrs Roos.

I think I know who I would pick!

he also gets an arseload more cash to throw around the football department, and a sold out home crowd advantage every 2nd week

WCE = the haves, MFC = the havenots

If roos is smart he'll make sure the afl pay to help him succeed ie draft picks, cash etc. He won't want to be hamstrung by only paying 95% of salary cap, he'll ask for picks to help propel us up and make his job easier. Every advantage in a dog eat dog world.

That is, if he decided he wanted to come.

Edited by deanox

As much as I would like Roos as coach I just can't see it happening.. I think he is pretty happy doing his Academy and media commitments and I think his wife will get the last say in moving to Melbourne as she loves Sydney. But people are saying its a done deal etc based on what? even today he is still saying he is not interested atm and I take his word on it as I think the AFL are in to his ear big time and the money that been rumored to be on offer will be too good to refuse but his heart would not be in it.

As much as I would like Roos as coach I just can't see it happening.. I think he is pretty happy doing his Academy and media commitments and I think his wife will get the last say in moving to Melbourne as she loves Sydney. But people are saying its a done deal etc based on what? even today he is still saying he is not interested atm and I take his word on it as I think the AFL are in to his ear big time and the money that been rumored to be on offer will be too good to refuse but his heart would not be in it.

He has not said "I do not want to coach the MFC next year."

Once he says that we can all start to build the bridge. Until then, the charade continues.

I think he is pretty happy doing his Academy and media commitments and I think his wife will get the last say in moving to Melbourne as she loves Sydney.

not having a go at you specifically, but I have read so many comments like this from various posters.. how the F can somebody make statements like this as if they are a member of Roos' immediate family.. or some sort of wizard that can read minds through a television set

• Like 4

Led by a lion.......Noice ;)