WELCOME TO DEMONLAND - PAUL ROOS

timmyo64

I spoke to Judd's manager (Jake) after he met with the Dees and was told he wouldn't be coming to Melbourne, although he was impressed by Bailey at the time. The reason they even interviewed with Melbourne was because of Connor's (Jake) respect for Craig Cameron. (And no doubt because of our ladder position and the needed to wedge West Coast)

Not Jake, Lucy Mills. Lucy has now left Connors and is running her own boutique. She managers a host of females including Bec Judd, plus Adam Goods and Jimmy Bartell but no longer Chris Judd.

Stay calm guys it is not signed yet!

This worries me to.

I am very excited by the fact Roos could coach us but cause of past events I am also trying to keep things in perspective.

It's very bloody hard though.

Seems like some on here claim to have heard info from a "good source".

I beg to differ the only one that seems to have a "good source" is GNF.

Thank god someone has a good connection at the club.

I never said I had a "good source", merely it was a rumour and I was passing it on.

Feel free to block everyone but GNF if you like though.

• Like 1

I never said I had a "good source", merely it was a rumour and I was passing it on.

Feel free to block everyone but GNF if you like though.

I wasn't having a go at u stuie but rather others around that claim to have good sauces

I posted my comment virtually the same time u did.

It's all good, relax

Edited by DemonOX

The only thing that concerns me is that Alastair Lynch was on that stupid After The Bounce (or whatever that Fox show is called with Dunstall and Spud) last night. Lynch was very cocky about knowing stuff, and Dunstall tried to get it out of him. I'd imagine Lynch and Roos would still be mates.

Why I'm concerned is that I hate Lynch's guts, ever since that day he said Melbourne supporters should be optimistic about $cully playing for us the following year, when he knew all along he wouldn't be. He was lying through his teeth, which in turn makes me want to kick them in, and I don't like or trust a word that comes out of his mouth.

It would be a dog's act for all this to be a big build up to kick us in the guts, and I wouldn't put it past some media folk, especially Lynch.

Rumour kicking around MFC are holding a presser on Wednesday, that's all the info I have at this stage, will try for more...

If Neeld's appointment is anything to go by, it was on the Saturday following the Bluey (Saturday 17th Sept - Bluey was on the 13th)... not sure what date the Bluey was presented in 2007, but Bailey's appointment was announced on Aug 31st (a Friday), so there could be a pattern based on which I would expect an announcement on either Friday or Saturday.

The only thing that concerns me is that Alastair Lynch was on that stupid After The Bounce (or whatever that Fox show is called with Dunstall and Spud) last night. Lynch was very cocky about knowing stuff, and Dunstall tried to get it out of him. I'd imagine Lynch and Roos would still be mates.

Why I'm concerned is that I hate Lynch's guts, ever since that day he said Melbourne supporters should be optimistic about $cully playing for us the following year, when he knew all along he wouldn't be. He was lying through his teeth, which in turn makes me want to kick them in, and I don't like or trust a word that comes out of his mouth.

It would be a dog's act for all this to be a big build up to kick us in the guts, and I wouldn't put it past some media folk, especially Lynch.

Not sure Roos is that type of person though billy.

Lynch is irrelevant to this

in fact he's just plain irrelevant

• Like 3

So much love on here for the Roos coaching likelihood, that I fear the expectations for next year might already be exceeding what he can realistically achieve. Port Adelaide's fast rise is the standard probably, but if he achieves less than that, will we all be disappointed?

So much love on here for the Roos coaching likelihood, that I fear the expectations for next year might already be exceeding what he can realistically achieve. Port Adelaide's fast rise is the standard probably, but if he achieves less than that, will we all be disappointed?

If we can get out of the bottom four.. and remove 70+ point losses.. then thats fine with me for next year!

• Like 2

My excitement is more that we're getting the best coach available FINALLY. My expectations for next year are still reasonably low.

• Like 6

that's crazy talk

it's Roos' own words and the known fact he has met with the leadership group that has caused the build-up it's got nothing to do with that pillowbiter Lynch

• Like 1

Webber. I think Roos is about a 99.9% done thing

I also since having been burnt many times having loftier expectations than were really founded actually have no great leanings toward 2014 being anything other than a rebirth. The list will get seriously scrutinised, pruned, added to and recast in the mould of someone else's idea of a team.

I do expect us to break free of the gravitational pull of the bottom of the ladder but we probably wont get too far from it. It will be up hill and down dale in 14

The way we play will be rethought and it will take a season to get it together . If 14 goes ok then 15 will be the start of a steady climb.

I dont think anyone can perform miracles.

• Like 1

and we were one of the pawns necessary to sell the charade that he would be going anywhere but Carlton - who had already arranged an outrageous amount of money that no other club could match, to paid to him by an absurdly wealthy supporter through a salary cap loophole. Cash is king and everything is smoke and mirrors.

Yes, I referred to all of that with the term "wedge".

Maybe it was too succinct.

I'm delirious, but have both feet firmly planted.

I'm sure nearly everyone else is the same.

• Like 9

I'm delirious, but have both feet firmly planted. I'm sure nearly everyone else is the same.

Pretty happy too B-H, but while we talk about keeping the lid on next year's expectations, I'm not so sure it'll stay that way. Expectations tend to build as distance from reality (this season) increases. A percentage over 75% and a smattering of wins would do it for me. Just not sure what a 'smattering' is.

I'm delirious, but have both feet firmly planted.

I'm sure nearly everyone else is the same.

I agree. I think it'll be a slow grind back up the ladder. I say this due to the fact that really, what team is getting worse:

Bulldogs were, but their second half of the season was impressive.

Saints possibly, now that some of the older players are gone.

GWS are going to get better with experience.

WC should have been better.

Crows same as WC, missing Tippett but the big tex was out for most of the year.

North, should have been a lot better.