Young talent: do NOT trade pick #2

Likely we will have pick #2 in 2013 draft.

Whilst our player development is poor, I think we again need one of the best young mids coming through.

If you get a chance, get to watch some of Dominic Sheed (WA under 18s) against Tassie. He gets it in contests, runs, creates, takes players on, thumping left footer, and well built. Some has compared to Simon Black, but I think he is more like those type Swans mids.

A must GET. A leader. Ready to go round 1 2014.

footnote: pick #20 ish - Nathan Freeman (Sandringham), will be around this draft pick and is ready to go, tough, a leader and local kid.

Likely we will have pick #2 in 2013 draft.

Whilst our player development is poor, I think we again need one of the best young mids coming through.

If you get a chance, get to watch some of Dominic Sheed (WA under 18s) against Tassie. He gets it in contests, runs, creates, takes players on, thumping left footer, and well built. Some has compared to Simon Black, but I think he is more like those type Swans mids.

A must GET. A leader. Ready to go round 1 2014.

footnote: pick #20 ish - Nathan Freeman (Sandringham), will be around this draft pick and is ready to go, tough, a leader and local kid.

SONS - I seen him play earlier in the year for Subiaco and he was okay, not outstanding but just did the simple thing. I didn't think much of it at the time but when I think about it he made no mistakes and IMO it shows poise for a young man playing in the seniors. He wont play seniors now until after the championships so will be interested to see him again. I couldn't make the 18's game at Lathlain today due to other commitments hopefully a few of the other WA based Demonlanders got there today to see who shined!

I think we will have PP1 and pick 2 or 3.

Will present interesting scenario for the recruiters, we aren't really in need of Boyd while plenty of other clubs are so we may have a few options

• trade away one of the top picks for a ready to go mid and a later pick, while we use our other top pick on another future mid
  • take the best two young available players with early picks
  • trade both picks with clubs who finish higher up the ladder for a ready to go mid & their first round pick, giving us two players for 2014 & beyond & two young first rounders for 2015 & beyond

who knows always a fine line in knowing what to do but would be pretty sure Freo, Lions, Port, Dogs, Blues & Hawks (if Buddy goes) would like to get their hands on Boyd!

If love to draft a kid to set us up in the midfield for 10 years but unfortunately this club, regardless of the coach, needs don't immediate results. We already have some good young midfield Tashkent but none of it is developed. A senior midfielder is the absolute priority, and our second choice would be a young mid with 2-4 years development already. We need players who will impact for us next year, the best 2 kids in the land won't do that.

If Sylvia goes would we get a first rounder? Might end up with more for him than Hawks get for Buddy...

Please let us not keep talking about Sylvia, Watts and Frawley all going. We need them along with Dawes, Clark, Jones and Howe!

• Like 4

We wont trade pick 2, as we will have a proper coach, a new head of football, the FD department will be restructured and everything will be in order..

The number 1 focus will be on player development.

• Like 3

No, we can't develop young talent.. At all.

Trade for an established gun midfielder that will make those around him better

That's all well and good DO94 but teams don't just offer up established gun midfielders for trade willy nilly.

I think there's a very good chance we'll end up keeping that pick but we'll wait and see.

Guest Spirit of 39

If Sylvia goes would we get a first rounder? Might end up with more for him than Hawks get for Buddy...

If we lost Col (We won't) the absolute best we could hope for would be an end of first round pick. Approx pick 19.

• Like 2

I know it goes against the midfield grain but I wouldn't overlook Boyd either. Tambling, Buddy anyone...

We'd have to send one of Clark, Hogan or Boyd to CHB then, possibly Hogan to CHB and Clark to the ruck with Boyd and Dawes up forward?? You can't have 4 key forwards and no midfield we'd be better off trading the pick away for a midfielder (if we have two early picks) - Boyd's pick to Brisbane for Rich and a pick (or another fringe midfielder)? There's a few teams in need of a key forward would be interesting to see what midfielders they may have up for grabs. Would be interesting to see whether Port would entertain Wines for Boyd with some steak knives involved.