Kennett future MelbourneFC President?

Satan

Being a member with constitutional rights to vote on such a proposal would allow you to voice your concerns in a manner that the club could see , "not continuing your membership" shows a derelict approach, by which you advocate the exact reason that you didn't "continue your membership"

Absolute negligence of the highest order.

I would prefer Jeff outlined his policies, plans and strategy before endorsing any spill. However, I give him credit for highlighting the current board and their failures, as opposed to the well worn cliché of blaming the head coach.

Let's not forget this is the ex Hawthorn Club President who was publicly calling for Clarkson to be sacked after losing to Geelong... not a great look in anyones' book. And furthermore, let's not forget this is the person who bears the Kennett Curse... can we afford to carry that on top of the weight of the Norm Smith Curse?

You know the club is on it's knees when people start grasping at straws like Jeff Kennett as a way forward.

Not likely to further fracture the club at all... (eye roll)

Yes, of course it's grasping at straws. He only saved a financially crippled state that was the laughing stock of the nation and had a terrible credit rating. And he only helped grow Hawthorn into one of the powerhouses on the back of Dicker's excellent work and ended up presiding over a premiership.

The President is there to oversee strategies and corporate governance, not necessarily to be a flag waving supporter. Although I don't think it would take long for Jeff to buy in and show a contorted face in the stand after an agonising loss. Those were the days - an agonising loss. I look forward to when we get close to one.

• Like 3

Jesus Christ

Wow

I reckon I'd support Jeff - this club needs a stong leader and Jeff is that

I'd compare it to Eddie taking over Collingwood - Don needs a chop out, as long as this is done properly I would support it

• Like 3

I'm sure there are still good people on the current board including McLardy, unfortunately they may not be good leaders.

After Jimmy passed away a void was left which is still there.

If there was to be a challenge it should be for a majority not a complete turnover of all Directors, some continuity is desirable.

Love him or hate him I think Kennett can turn things around, sometimes its better not to be emotionally involved for obvious reasons.

After 45 years of crap I'm willing to give him a go.

Edited by 66frank
  • Like 1

Yes, of course it's grasping at straws. He only saved a financially crippled state that was the laughing stock of the nation and had a terrible credit rating. And he only helped grow Hawthorn into one of the powerhouses on the back of Dicker's excellent work and ended up presiding over a premiership.

The President is there to oversee strategies and corporate governance, not necessarily to be a flag waving supporter. Although I don't think it would take long for Jeff to buy in and show a contorted face in the stand after an agonising loss. Those were the days - an agonising loss. I look forward to when we get close to one.

Agree BH

I've said it for a while now this club lacks strong leadership and you sum up the current boards flaws pretty well

As long as it's done properly I would support Jeff - he's a proven winner and helped turn the HFC around

• Like 1

Absolutely don't have a problem with this, I think people passionate about Football would genuinely want to see the founding Club succeed, it comes down to the history of the game and goes beyond who you barrack for. Most Melbourne people have been happy with a Bombers supporter as our CEO.

• Like 2

"As we move to the end of this media contract, which is five years, we ought to be giving consideration to having a strong Melbourne brand and I think that is a combination of the North Melbourne and the Melbourne clubs. It would make a lot of sense."

Vote 1 - Jeff Kennett for Melbourne FC President.

Edited by P_Man
  • Like 1

The ultimate 'white flag', well apart from handing in the keys. It's the job of the CEO, FD boss and coach along with a president who has an absolute passion for the club to drive this thing. Surely there is a Melbourne person out there who has some smarts and a passion to see this club succeed.

Absolutely don't have a problem with this, I think people passionate about Football would genuinely want to see the founding Club succeed, it comes down to the history of the game and goes beyond who you barrack for. Most Melbourne people have been happy with a Bombers supporter as our CEO.

Paid positions are different...most Geelong people didn't have a problem with Bomber or Scott as coaches, nor a problem with an Hawthorn supporter ex Melbourne player, WC boss as CEO but it was driven by Frank Coster's passion for Geelong and his football club.

I know we've copped some big beatings over the last few years but too many of you are punch drunk, you've lost your marbles if you want Jeff as president.

One other thing...there is so little detail and we all know that Kennett is a publicity hound. He states that he has been approached by Melbourne members, but who are they? Is he talking about grass roots supporters/members? Is he talking about members with direct influence? Or is this Jeff simply trying to place himself back in the limelight? he comes out with this and at the same time makes some comments that could be considered "controversial" regarding GWS's continued existence... so really, how seriously can we take this?

He would upset some people, but would also make the club better

Absolute horseshit of the highest order.

Anyone who knows what went on at Hawthorn will tell you Ian Dicker set the joint up. Kennett is a phoney who rode in on Dicker's work.

This is an amazingly dumb idea. You invincible are either naive or a fool.

One other thing...there is so little detail and we all know that Kennett is a publicity hound. He states that he has been approached by Melbourne members, but who are they? Is he talking about grass roots supporters/members? Is he talking about members with direct influence? Or is this Jeff simply trying to place himself back in the limelight? he comes out with this and at the same time makes some comments that could be considered "controversial" regarding GWS's continued existence... so really, how seriously can we take this?

Talking about a board of 5 tells us something IMO.

lol

What a horrendous thing to even contemplate, let alone support. How many times has he gone on record berating the club, calling for mergers etc, Publicly smashes Clarkson after a loss, then apologises, putting it down to just venting "like a supporter". This amongst all the other garbled nonsense that comes out of his mouth these days. Sure, let's give that guy the keys.

The fact that he isn't a Melbourne supporter would be of help to him if he did take us over.

He carries on like a [censored] at Hawthorn because he grew up as a Hawks supporter.

He won't have that emotional baggage with us.

• Like 2

And as for saving the state Ben Hur - he taxed the bejesus out of everyone and sacked thousands of teachers and nurses and exagerrated how bad the crisis was.

Victoria was back in the black after two years. The crisis was not so big if the recovery came so quickly.

In fact it could have been fixed more slowly - say four years - without any of the social dislocation.

Instead, rather than save the state, he sold it.

Talking about a board of 5 tells us something IMO.

Who might that be? Ben Hur, Range Rover, Rhino Richards, and...? ;-)

• Like 1

The ultimate 'white flag', well apart from handing in the keys. It's the job of the CEO, FD boss and coach along with a president who has an absolute passion for the club to drive this thing. Surely there is a Melbourne person out there who has some smarts and a passion to see this club succeed.

Paid positions are different...most Geelong people didn't have a problem with Bomber or Scott as coaches, nor a problem with an Hawthorn supporter ex Melbourne player, WC boss as CEO but it was driven by Frank Coster's passion for Geelong and his football club.

I know we've copped some big beatings over the last few years but too many of you are punch drunk, you've lost your marbles if you want Jeff as president.

Continually going back to "Melbourne" people is what got us into this mess in the first place. My God!!!! The less "Melbourne People" the better as far as I'm concearned!!!

• Like 1