No use sacking Neeld

baysidedave

Neeld supporters have been strangely absent the past 24 hours (other than the odd "like" of a post).

Would be good to see some front up to either stand by their views and their belittling of other posters who have questioned the current FD, or admit they were wrong. One or the other. To just not show up is pretty [censored] weak in my view.

• Like 1

why because they could only lay 31 tackles and as Neeld mention couldn't stick 51 tackle attempts. To me that smacks of lazy selfinterested footballers.

I would rather describe it as untalented !! Hate to put every player in this category as we do have a handful of guys who really are interested and give their all.. Maybe it would be easier to name them ...They WILL hopefully remain with the club.... The rest... find alternative employment as you would be asked to do by any Employer..

No We need at least 12 capable players... Yesterday was it for me... I have tried hard to make various excuses and blame certain people at times , the Coach, the President, the FD and some of the players.... BUT at last I must unfortunately admit WE DO NOT HAVE THE CATTLE !!!! We will go absolutely nowhere with the current list... The thing that worries me the most now is....What the hell can we do ???? We are stuck exactly where we are for a long , long, time.... Sadly... We cannot change that in the short term... The coach is NOT the one who should be carrying ALL the blame...These players are just NOT up to AFL Senior standard.. IT is so obvious after watching them yesterday !!!! I am listening to ABC Radio right now in Hobart and They are giving us an absolute pasting !!! One statement just made was "I would try and talk my son out of becoming an AFL player if he was by some misfortune drafted to Melbourne" OK so he is only a journalist bashing MFC, but sadly, I found myself admitting I think he was sort of right... We are the laughing stock, if we weren't already..I am absolutely devastated and broken hearted with our once mighty, respected club.. IT HURTS !!! Where to now ?? Any real constructive realistic ideas fellow members ???? I am gutted !!! What can Peter Jackson do ??? A new coach is NOT the answer !! We need playing personnel...Glad we didn't go for Sheedy... He is only as good as his players as are MOST teams as is proven by the performance of GWS... What a bloody failure that venture will prove to be... !!! We got nearly 10000 attending a match in which Ackermanis played in with a local team last year in Hobart...

The sad reality is that our top ten players would be the top ten worst players in a successful club.

The list has suffered from years and years of poor recruiting.

People were bagging out Terlich and Sellar yesterday, but they STUCK TO THEIR JOB. They did the 'team' thing.

Our youngsters need games!! Strauss ran the lines a couple of times, Evans continues to impress, M Jones is a goer and Dawes moved well and put on real pressure.

Grab N Jones, J Viney, Clark, Dawes, M Jones, Terlich and Gawn and build a team around them.

Let's all stop the sniping, shut out the press (who all belong in a George Orwell novel, 'Neeld is baaaaaad') and support this magnificent club.

• Like 2

Our playing group is NOT capable of doing any better !!! No coach will do any better with this soft sub AFL standard group.... Sorry to have to admit that, but tell it as it is I MUST... If I am attacked for my views ,then so be it ..I expect it from some of those whom write on this site... You are all entitled to your opinions, as am I.

what do you mean "NOT capable of doing any better"? What a load of defeatist, apologist cobblers. Of course they are

this playing group have gone backwards since neeld arrived. Who could deny this?

Not saying they were great before he arrived either.

some of the problems with the team may not all be neeld's fault but he has shown nothing to suggest he can be an afl senior coach, in fact much to suggest he can't.

the team is a disgrace and neeld hasn't got a clue and only making things worse

• Like 4

Neeld supporters have been strangely absent the past 24 hours (other than the odd "like" of a post).

Would be good to see some front up to either stand by their views and their belittling of other posters who have questioned the current FD, or admit they were wrong. One or the other. To just not show up is pretty [censored] weak in my view.

Been with you all the way, P_Man.

My view hasn't changed - In fact, in the cold, dark light, I'm even more convinced that Neeld is the man for the job.

• Like 3

See that's the point i can't understand, we should be better than this, Sylvia, jones, grimes, trengove, matt jones, viney, although young should still be able to match any of the bottom six teams, injuries aside our list itself isn't bad, just young which makes it Vital that we have the right people in place, if it's not Neeld, we should bite the bullet and make a change.

I agree that Jones, Trengove, Matt Jones, Viney along with Howe, Clark, Maybe Dawes (still to be proven) Gawn, Toumpas, Kent, Macdonald, Hogan, along with a couple of other tryers could help us in our quest to make some acceptable progress next year but I am not so sure about Sylvia at this stage. We are so lacking in AFLstandard personnel at the moment..

LARGE amounts of people need to go from within the club NOW.

Neeld has coached for 20 months. The job is too big for him.

Peter Jackson should be on the phone to Paul Roos right with an offer he cannot refuse with time to sort his assistants out.

Bottom Line.

• Like 2

Peter Jackson should be on the phone to Paul Roos right with an offer he cannot refuse with time to sort his assistants out.

Bottom Line.

I agree 100% surely the board is going to meet today to at least talk about Mark Neeld, the longer this goes on the more we are destroying the players and allowing the club to slowly bleed to death.

At the risk of being accused of living in pre-historic times, let me throw a few names at you from 1988.

Jamie Duursma

David Flintoff

David Williams

Graeme Yeats

Stephen Newport

Ricky Jackson.

Champions, stars or legends? Hardly, but they all played in a GF. Not only did they play for their coach, they played for each other. Is that rocket science?

• Like 3

Very hard to see a solution out of this disaster. We'll be damned if we sack him now, and damned if we wait till seasons end. Unless we have the super coach ready to take over right now, I can't see that getting rid of Neeld and putting an interim in his place will achieve anything. I believe it will make the situation worse. We may be left with no one wanting to take over. What are our coaching options? Roos wont go near us, Clarkson has allegedly already turned us down for $1mill+ per year, Woosha wouldnt until 2014 at the earliest, Neil Craig... well, isn't he part of the current problem?, Rocket Eade, no thanks, Lethal, past it.

And those here calling for Garland to go should GTFOOH. Apart from yesterday he has had a very good last month of footy. Ridiculous to call for him to be axed.

• Like 1

Neeld supporters have been strangely absent the past 24 hours (other than the odd "like" of a post). Would be good to see some front up to either stand by their views and their belittling of other posters who have questioned the current FD, or admit they were wrong. One or the other. To just not show up is pretty [censored] weak in my view.

I WAS WRONG. Up until yesterday I was in his corner, he needs to pack up his desk today. I would like Mark Williams over Paul Roos. Choco still wants to coach, hence he left GWS, Roos main motivation would be the money.

what do you mean "NOT capable of doing any better"? What a load of defeatist, apologist cobblers. Of course they are

this playing group have gone backwards since neeld arrived. Who could deny this?

Not saying they were great before he arrived either.

some of the problems with the team may not all be neeld's fault but he has shown nothing to suggest he can be an afl senior coach, in fact much to suggest he can't.

the team is a disgrace and neeld hasn't got a clue and only making things worse

I am not and have never been a "defeatist" as you suggest my remarks imply.. We weren't up to AFL standard BEFORE Neeld arrived (as you alluded to yourself) I am a realist or at least I believe I am and I stand by my comments without any apology... We have a very small nucleas of players that try, have a little more ability than most of the others (just to clariy my comment NOT capable of doing any better) and may be there in future years as we try and salvage something from this "rubble" we find ourselves in. The playing group are not the same playing group from 2012 , although some are still there. I stand by my comment... THIS playing group is NOT capable of doing any better and I add WITH or WITHOUT MN !!

I expect the board must be wondering where all the money is going to come from given all that needs to be done.

we are already down 1.5M and sacking people, paying out contract, paying top money to get an experienced coach and other personel and players is going to cost a mint.

its not hard to come up with a debt exceeding 4M

where is this going to come from? Membership is falling, sponsorship will become harder

The afl is already pouring big money into the franchises and can't be expected to cough up that sort of money

even with the changes we would like to see it will be a hard long road

the only hope i can see is if a well-minted white knight emerges..................else, like it or not, we look stuffed.......seriously

Edited by daisycutter
  • Like 1

I expect the board must be wondering where all the money is going to come from given all that needs to be done.

we are already down 1.5M and sacking people, paying out contract, paying top money to get an experienced coach and other personel and players is going to cost a mint.

its not hard to come up with a cost exceeding 4M

where is this going to come from? Membership is falling, sponsorship will become harder

The afl is already pouring big money into the franchises and can't be expected to cough up that sort of money

the only hope i can see is if a well-minted white knight emerges..................else, like it or not, we look stuffed.......seriously

It pains me to say, I agree.

its not hard to come up with a cost exceeding 4M

We need to put it to the AFL that we are in danger of reaching a situation we can't come back from, they might help us get a good coach and deal with that situation, bit either way we can't sit on our hands when we are losing to teams like gold coast by 10 goals.

Who actually is available now or at the end of the year to replace him?

Paul Roos

Gary Ayres

Bomber Thompson

Rocket Eade

Brett Ratten

Kevin Sheedy

Choco Williams

Can't think of any other established coaches.

It there is no point sacking Neeld now, than as far as I'm concerned there is no point carrying on with this season.

I'm sorry but I cannot go to the footy anymore and watch us play the way we are playing. 13,000 spectators will turn to 10,000 then 5,000 and a $1.5mill loss will quickly turn to $2.5mill.

Players will continue to feel utterly hopeless and unmotivated and they will get their managers to start putting out feelers.

Now some of you might feel heroic to say "stuff them, they can all go", but the reality is that losing Frawley, or Garland, or Howe or any of these quality players will put us back a further 5 years. You don't just let your best mature players walk out. We did it with Rivers and it seriously hurt us and he is not in the same sphere as Frawley.

For as long as Neeld is coaching, it's clear to me that we will continue to be hopeless on the field. We can't afford such hopelessness.

• Like 5

I am not and have never been a "defeatist" as you suggest my remarks imply.. We weren't up to AFL standard BEFORE Neeld arrived (as you alluded to yourself) I am a realist or at least I believe I am and I stand by my comments without any apology... We have a very small nucleas of players that try, have a little more ability than most of the others (just to clariy my comment NOT capable of doing any better) and may be there in future years as we try and salvage something from this "rubble" we find ourselves in. The playing group are not the same playing group from 2012 , although some are still there. I stand by my comment... THIS playing group is NOT capable of doing any better and I add WITH or WITHOUT MN !!

Bollocks

• Like 1

Roos ain't coming WYL. We need to look elsewhere.

No. We need to make an offer he cannot turn down.

For 40 years i have watched other clubs rise to the pointy end with the right people.

It is now our time.

Supporters must demand the best.

Do not walk away

Neeld supporters have been strangely absent the past 24 hours (other than the odd "like" of a post). Would be good to see some front up to either stand by their views and their belittling of other posters who have questioned the current FD, or admit they were wrong. One or the other. To just not show up is pretty [censored] weak in my view.

I have supported Neeld, but recognise that the odds are stacked against him continuing on beyond this year. I have never belittled other posters for their anti-Neeld views, but tried to keep balance to my views and not blame Neeld for everything about our current situation. It is too simplistic to think that removing one man will change anything much. I am of the view that sacking Neeld now will make us even more desperate and pathetic. We need to be a club that does not panic wildly, a club that has some appeal (however small) to a new coach at the end of the year. Otherwise we will never get an experienced, super coach, like Roos, Clarkson or Woosha. It would be wrong to install another rookie coach next year, but unless we play our cards right and not appear like a club approaching its dying days, that may be all that's left for us to take. I don't think it's as easy as saying that you are for or against Neeld, rather what is the best path forward to get the systems and people in place that we badly need. Edited by Moonshadow
  • Like 3

absolute Rubbish.

7 players did not lay 1 farken tackle yesterday. That includes Jordie Mac who is in the side to tackle.

The players do not care enough. Do not excuse them. Mark Neeldis not experienced enough to turn it around.

• Like 1

I haven't been in the habit of belittling those who are seeking Neeld's dismissal, but I am happy to say now that I still believe Neeld should be given the chance to see out his rebuild (at least until the start of next season) - I cannot see how sacking him immediately will solve anything and it could well serve to set us back even further.

However, despite what I would like to see, the fact is that I think he may well be gone by season's end (looking at shots of him in the coach's box yesterday, he looked like a man about to fall on his own sword).

Oh, and as far as belittling goes, I think you will find that it has been going on from both sides of the fence.

• Like 2

Bottom Line.

and Hopefully ROOS will not accept the job at any price with the same Playing Group, as I suspect he woudn't... All hyperthetical and probably not worth carrying on about much further.. If a new coach comes in and is given a new list and the team eventually performs better ... Does that in fact make him a better coach than MN ?? OR IF MN had a list similar to any proposed for the "new" coach would he enjoy the same results.. Highly hyperthetical of course.. The bottom line question is Would Neeld achieve better results if he had a stronger list ??? Of course he would wouldn't he ?? I believe most times Players help make coaches and NOT necessarily vice versa.... How is SHEEDY , a so called "great", "successful" Coach going at the moment with the "list' he has at GWS ??? NO coach is any good with a "Shyte list". I am by no means a Mark Neeld fan as I have sometimes shown on this site, but I can see why he cannot make any progress at the moment... I have read so many times that this is "NEELD"S list and if that is totally correct then he will probably fall on his own sword... Just trying trying to make what I feel is a valid point with regards to AFL Coaches..