NO FIRE IN THE BELLY

Demonland

I was not sad to see any of those three dropped and think that the ins have more potential.

Spencer for Jamar (win - everyone has been caling for Jamar's head and Spencer is dominating VFL)

Dunn for Watts (win)

Kent for Rodan (win - in every aspect)

Hope the interchange is as follows:

I/C (from): James Strauss, Michael Evans, Luke Tapscott, SUB: Davey or Blease

If thats the final bench I will be very happy. Sad to not have Clark or Dawes but happy Dawes was not rushed. I get so sick of hearing that we are a young/inexperienced side but we do look it on paper.

Really happy they were hard earned games too, nothing gifted :) some signs of something remotely like culture creeping in

reckon your interchange is about spot on too

• Like 2

Really happy they were hard earned games too, nothing gifted :) some signs of something remotely like culture creeping in

reckon your interchange is about spot on too

Agreed accept for Nicholson and Pederson - Neither have shown enough form to warrent selection and thats why I did not have them in the team. Some good ins with Spencer, Strauss and Kent which reward good VFL form.

• Like 1

I was not sad to see any of those three dropped and think that the ins have more potential.

Spencer for Jamar (win - everyone has been caling for Jamar's head and Spencer is dominating VFL)

Dunn for Watts (win - effort and desire)

If thats the final bench I will be very happy. Sad to not have Clark or Dawes but happy Dawes was not rushed. Really want Strauss to have a good game - I do think he will be a good player!

I get so sick of hearing that we are a young/inexperienced side but we do look it on paper.

Only one was dropped, Rodan.

Agreed accept for Nicholson and Pederson - Neither have shown enough form to warrent selection and thats why I did not have them in the team. Some good ins with Spencer, Strauss and Kent which reward good VFL form.

I'm not sure what pederson has done to be selected at all, and Nicholson the only thing i can think of is he may have the pace to go with the smalls of carlton, Strauss and kent i can see being in the next top 8 Dees side so it will be awesome to get some game time into them

Nicholson is all talk and no action...leave him out please.

I take it Viney and Toumpas will be practising with the beast Hogan at Casey.

Could be correct about Viney, it's not like he is named in the starting 18.

It will be interesting to see how Spencer goes he's had a few goes before but hasn't been ready; there are no excuses now he's got a shot so he needs to take it. I think he will do alright.

I'm not unhappy with the side it's not great but at least it's got some kids in it and we can see how good, or not, they are.

Could be correct about Viney, it's not like he is named in the starting 18.

Im pretty confident after a good rest Viney plays. The common trend so far is to tag Murphy. I'd say we'd go for that with mckenzie. If carrazzo tags jones then we get to see Viney up against McLean and Judd for times as part of the rotation. I like it!

It will be interesting to see how Spencer goes he's had a few goes before but hasn't been ready; there are no excuses now he's got a shot so he needs to take it. I think he will do alright.

I'm not unhappy with the side it's not great but at least it's got some kids in it and we can see how good, or not, they are.

Warnock is a fair fight as well. Bean pole v bean pole both guys getting good back up.

Im pretty confident after a good rest Viney plays. The common trend so far is to tag Murphy. I'd say we'd go for that with mckenzie. If carrazzo tags jones then we get to see Viney up against McLean and Judd for times as part of the rotation. I like it!

Thanks for your view, it was a good thing I was not being sarcastic with my post.

Good luck to Dean Kent and big Jake Spencer.

Both deserve their chance.

• Like 2

I know he's been up and down but surely Tapscott stays, same for Evans, you'd think Strauss gets a chance and then it would come down to go extra small without Pedersen or keeping him and having the emergencies of Blease/Davey/Nicholson.Personally I'd keep the big body to have someone able to come up the ground and make a contest besides Gawn and Howe. But we will see I guess. The biggest problem with Pedersen last week was he was a complete no impact. The ball just went round him it was pretty much 17 on 17.My team lined up properly:FB: Garland Frawley TerlichHB: Grimes McDonald DunnC: Evans Jones M. JonesHF: Sylvia Pedersen BailFF: Howe Gawn KentFoll: Spencer McKenzie TrengoveINT: Viney, Strauss, Byrnes S: TapscottEmerg: Blease, Davey, NicholsonI hope they don't make Kent sub. I'm stoked he's got a chance its not really fair just to make him sub. Lets see what he can do, after that we can use him as a super sub through the year but I want him to have a shot now!I look at this team and I say ok reasonable back line, best of a bad bunch in the midfield, so options up forward with smalls but where the hell are the tall forwards or establish ruckman. Except I know where they are - injured.Spencer must be on his last chance in the ruck. We know he tries as hard as he can but this is his big chance against a fellow bean pole with another ruck in Gawn for cover to go out and get in there and do something. I'll be cheering the Spence on proudly at the start of the match, not sure he'll deliver for me unfortunately!

I was never a Spencer fan either, but I have seen the last two Casey games live. In my experience, I have never seen a ruckman so completely dominate two games as spencer has done these two, which we won respectively by 80+ points againstcEssendon and 28 against Williamstown - two of the best sides in the VFL. I think you need to give credit where it is due. You watch, with the current football department's nous, we will trade Spencer and he will become a bigger more dominant version of Jolley. That is the potential he is showing at Casey. Personally, I would prefer we traded Jamar at the end of the year while he is still worth something, and got game time into Gawn, Spencer, Fitzpatrick. The icing on the cake would be if we could also get Hannath back, but he seems to be maturing very nicely at Freo unfortunately.

Im happy enough for Tappy to get a few games in a row.

Justifies my belief that i might be wrong.

Edited by Franky_31
  • Like 1

Dunn for Watts (win - effort and desire)

If thats the final bench I will be very happy. Sad to not have Clark or Dawes but happy Dawes was not rushed. Really want Strauss to have a good game - I do think he will be a good player!

I get so sick of hearing that we are a young/inexperienced side but we do look it on paper.

very good post unlike many on here able to provide opinion on players without sticking the knife in or being downright ridiculous

I worry that we have a complete lack of forward line. Are Gawn and Howe enough? Will they put Dunn or Garland forward?

Fitzy could have been an option. With Watts, Mitch and Dawes out, and he can't crack a game, what message does that send him?

Expect Spencer and Kent to add plenty to the middle, and Dunn some grunt off the half back.

Carlton have struggled on the defensive efforts, so we need to exploit this with quality spread and hope we can keep up with their foot speed the other way. Some are saying 100 points. I would be happy 4 quarters of real effort, a few clearances, no short steps and some ferocity at the contest.

During early games of the 1994 NBA Finals series the starting point guards for the Houston Rockets were getting creamed by the opposition point guards from the Knicks. It was largely due the brillance of their MVP centre Hakeem Olajuwon that kept them in it because he for the most part creamed his counterpact Patrick Ewing. The Houston guards who came off the bench, complete no namers I might add including a rookie, were the ones who the coach was forced to turned to due to the struggles of his first choice guards. With less perceived pressure and nothing to lose the guards coming of the bench were able to take it up the the Knicks starting guards, which helped rebuild the confidence of Houston starting guards and to eventually go on to win the Franchise's first championship in seven games after being down 2-3.

Completely different sports and circumstances but it shows that confidence can flow even if less experience and less credential players are the ones to lead the charge. Not saying we are going to win but an increase in competitiveness may be there given the guys coming in are at least bringing some form with them.

Edited by Ascobar
  • Like 1

Warnock is a fair fight as well. Bean pole v bean pole both guys getting good back up.

He'll give Warnock a new one (if he can find space).

During early games of the 1994 NBA Finals series the starting point guards for the Houston Rockets were getting creamed by the opposition point guards from the Knicks. It was largely due the brillance of their MVP centre Hakeem Olajuwon that kept them in it because he for the most part creamed his counterpact Patrick Ewing. The Houston guards who came off the bench, complete no namers I might add, were the ones who the coach was forced to turned to due to the struggles of his first choice guards. With less perceived pressure and nothing to lose the guards coming of the bench were able to take it up the the Knicks starting guards, which helped rebuild the confidence of Houston starting guards and to eventually go on to win the Franchise's first championship in seven games after being down 2-3.

Completely different sports and circumstances but it shows that confidence can flow even if less experience and less credential players are the ones to lead the charge. Not saying we are going to win but an increase in competitiveness may be there given the guys coming in are at least bringing some form with them.

like the confidence but I see one of our biggest problems is we have no star to help the competitive guys. It's one reason I think eventually we can get better really quickly once we get Clark, Dawes and Hogan firing up forward. It gives us weapons that will inspire everyone else. Bit like how Richmond rose up from rubbish on the back of riewiodt starring, a bit of Martin brilliance and Cotchin being the worker.

Failing that we find 5 freaks and start up version 2 of phi slama jama

like the confidence but I see one of our biggest problems is we have no star to help the competitive guys. It's one reason I think eventually we can get better really quickly once we get Clark, Dawes and Hogan firing up forward. It gives us weapons that will inspire everyone else. Bit like how Richmond rose up from rubbish on the back of riewiodt starring, a bit of Martin brilliance and Cotchin being the worker.

Failing that we find 5 freaks and start up version 2 of phi slama jama

Yeah that's were the comparison doesn't quite stack up, at least with Clark out that's for sure! But my main point is that confidence doesn't have to come from your best or most experienced players. Can come from anywhere. Edited by Ascobar

very good post unlike many on here able to provide opinion on players without sticking the knife in or being downright ridiculous

The sane minority it would seem.

I worry that we have a complete lack of forward line. Are Gawn and Howe enough? Will they put Dunn or Garland forward?

Fitzy could have been an option. With Watts, Mitch and Dawes out, and he can't crack a game, what message does that send him?

Expect Spencer and Kent to add plenty to the middle, and Dunn some grunt off the half back.

Carlton have struggled on the defensive efforts, so we need to exploit this with quality spread and hope we can keep up with their foot speed the other way. Some are saying 100 points. I would be happy 4 quarters of real effort, a few clearances, no short steps and some ferocity at the contest.

Hard not to be cynical, if we can achieve that then it will be the first time we've seen it this year.

Not expecting it.