Tom Mcdonald & Mckenzie

Jonesbag

Just an observation from yesterday, these two players disposal are clearly the worst in the team.

Mcdonalds fitness and spoiling are clearly his attributes but yesterday his disposal was awful, he fresh aired a uncontested mark which resulted in a turnover and goal. His foot skills are terrible and his decision making is also extremely poor. I dont know why Strauss cant get a gig in front of this guy, its absolutely beyond me.

As for Mckenzie, yeah you can tackle mate but your disposal is just as bad as an auskick kid. How can you miss a handpass to a team mate thats only a metre away? Kudos on the goal but thats about as effective as your football got yesterday. How many times do you want to kick to two on ones? Eff me, get him out and throw Kent in. Also wasnt he meant to be tagging Moloney? Good job mate.

Terlich is also boarder line but he is new so im prepared to cut him some slack.

Positives though as I dont want to just have a negative thread

Jamar - finally rucked well

Watts - Great game

Gawn - Has an absolute crack and for only 6 AFL games is doing a ripping job.

Sylvia - Starting to develop some consistency.

Rodan - Best game for the club

Byrnes - Ditto

Just an observation from yesterday, these two players disposal are clearly the worst in the team.

Mcdonalds fitness and spoiling are clearly his attributes but yesterday his disposal was awful, he fresh aired a uncontested mark which resulted in a turnover and goal. His foot skills are terrible and his decision making is also extremely poor. I dont know why Strauss cant get a gig in front of this guy, its absolutely beyond me.

As for Mckenzie, yeah you can tackle mate but your disposal is just as bad as an auskick kid. How can you miss a handpass to a team mate thats only a metre away? Kudos on the goal but thats about as effective as your football got yesterday. How many times do you want to kick to two on ones? Eff me, get him out and throw Kent in. Also wasnt he meant to be tagging Moloney? Good job mate.

Terlich is also boarder line but he is new so im prepared to cut him some slack.

Watts - Great game

Byrnes - Ditto

Wow. He must have had a blinder in the 4th quarter. That was the one I didn't see. In the first three quarters I was wondering what he was doing out there. And more troubling, that's what he seemed to be thinking.

I respect your opinion, but Strauss can't play McDonald's position. One's a KPF and the other a small defender.

Mckenzie , big heart 100% goer but not AFL grade.

McDonald, sadly out of form and needs to find it at Casey.

• Like 3

Wow. He must have had a blinder in the 4th quarter. That was the one I didn't see. In the first three quarters I was wondering what he was doing out there. And more troubling, that's what he seemed to be thinking.

I respect your opinion, but Strauss can't play McDonald's position. One's a KPF and the other a small defender.

Just had a look at the height on MFC and its 9cm different, didnt realise Strauss was that small. Maybe Gillies to come in then? How'd he go at Casey?

Jordie was so out of his depth yesteday that i wondered about the process that saw him in the ones.

Not in any where near his best form at present, when he is going badly he is truely shocking.

Nearly every time he got near it he actually fell over before grabbing at it. then stuffed up the disposal.

• Like 1

Jordie was so out of his depth yesteday that i wondered about the process that saw him in the ones.

Not in any where near his best form at present, when he is going badly he is truely shocking.

Nearly every time he got near it he actually fell over before grabbing at it. then stuffed up the disposal.

I was at Casey last weekend, and I'm as shocked as you. Rodan was excellent down there, but it was clear he was just a big fish in a small pond and hadn't actually fixed any flaws he'd gone back to Casey to fix.. Why he got elevated I dont know. McKenzie was completely unsighted by me down there, yet conviniently was given 30 odd touches and given 3rd best on ground. As a purely neutral, I wouldn't have put him in our top 10 and the only thing I saw him do was miskick...

It's one thing to carry a tagger when you're Freo or Carlton and have elite ball users, but our tagger can't even stop their 3rd best midfielder and the rest of our mids are useless.

he did kick an excellent goal, just sayin

• Like 1

Howe in the backline was just.. I have no words or explanation.

As for T Mac, I have faith he's just in a rut and a reflection of the way the team is travelling right now. He was one of the few shining ilghts last year. He'll come good.

McKenzie, likeable lad that he is, has shown over the journey that he is not an AFL standard player. Someone who has to hand the ball off to a teammate because of their own shortcomings with the boot is a passenger and a liability. Yeah he can tackle. You could pluck any number of players from the VFL if that's all we're calling upon from him. It's a stage where if he doesn't turn the ball over, it's a surprise.

3 year contract and in the leadership group. :mellow:

• Like 2

Watts - Great game

Byrnes - Ditto

Felt the complete opposite. Too many times I saw him spectating, not spreading, not shepherding, tackling or providing any pressure when he could have and most of the time called for the ball in worse situations.

I know the players were run dead, but in the first half he was too slow - that early on there are no excuses. What annoys me most is that he is supposed to be one of the best sprinters in the club.

I'm ususally a big advocate for Watts but felt it was a poor game for him.

• Like 1

i'm buggered as to what's happened to Tommy Mac, simply does not look like the same player.. looks like what you get with pick 53 unfortunately

fitness & confidence imo. effecting his decisions in a struggling defence. his kicking is probably effected by both confidence & lacking match fitness.

# remember TMac has only just stepped up to being the 2nd defender. He's very young for such a senior spot against the more mature bodies.

Edited by dee-luded

fitness & confidence imo. effecting his decisions in a struggling defence. his kicking is probably effected by both confidence & lacking match fitness.

# remember TMac has only just stepped up to being the 2nd defender. He's very young for such a senior spot against the more mature bodies.

Not a bad point Deeluded but he was taking the big forwards last year before Rivers.

He will be a good player, people need to stop writing him off especially after a fantastic season last year. Confidence and fitness will help a lot.

Not a bad point Deeluded but he was taking the big forwards last year before Rivers.

He will be a good player, people need to stop writing him off especially after a fantastic season last year. Confidence and fitness will help a lot.

yes thats right, he was, but that was in a more experienced defence, with more support from mature bodies around him...

this year he has had an interrupted pre-season right at the wrong end of pre-season, with an ankle injury I think. missed quite a few weeks & no doubt was rushed back in because we were smashed so badly.

this is a big job to do for a 20 Yr old, without an interrupted fitness base, & may still be sore in the ankle.

add to that, Frawley also appears down on confidence, & Rivers left. so our defence has gone from mature & settled, to disorganised again.

Watts - Great game

Byrnes - Ditto

Bail is looking very good. I was very excited when he had the ball in his hands. Only if he could have kicked a little straighter...

I haven't got a lot to add but agree with OP

Wouldn't have either in the side at the moment - both poor disposal and T Mac is way out of form

We have too many slow one dimensional mids - if McKenzie can't stop the most damaging oppositoin player he shouldn't be in the team

Edited by Unleash Hell

If those two are our worst kicks, what does that say for Nico, Bail or Spencil?

Two of them arent in the team. Its just beyond me that an AFL player has such bad skills.

At my local club its all about hitting targets and if we dont the game plan breaks down. I imagine it would be similar at AFL level, if you cannot hit a target then you are effectively useless.

I remember an article that stated how Neeld was in disbelief about the amount of kids that got drafted that couldnt kick. I dont think he has recruited any of the above mentioned but if they cannot become better kicks then one would wondered if their days are numbered.

Two of them arent in the team. Its just beyond me that an AFL player has such bad skills.

At my local club its all about hitting targets and if we dont the game plan breaks down. I imagine it would be similar at AFL level, if you cannot hit a target then you are effectively useless.

I remember an article that stated how Neeld was in disbelief about the amount of kids that got drafted that couldnt kick. I dont think he has recruited any of the above mentioned but if they cannot become better kicks then one would wondered if their days are numbered.

to be fair, i'm not sure to what extent bad skills were our problem yesterday - i have certainly seen worse showings in the past.. as many have noted the huge problem seemed to be the gulf between the amount of space the team with the ball had

no rivers left a giant hole and unfortunately i think the fd wanted to find out what players could handle the going down back.

somebody is paying that price

tom mac is a young player getting a game purely because he is a young player .He cant mark ,cannot spoil effectively ,his recovery is poor and he is a deplorable kick .Would not even be considered at any other club .His drafting at 53 flatters him .I don't even think he was much last year .Probably good enough for the seniors at Edenhope but that's about it .How could we let the Lions isolate him against Leuenberg? Talk about a disaster waiting to happen ..Words fail me .

tom mac is a young player getting a game purely because he is a young player .He cant mark ,cannot spoil effectively ,his recovery is poor and he is a deplorable kick .Would not even be considered at any other club .His drafting at 53 flatters him .I don't even think he was much last year .Probably good enough for the seniors at Edenhope but that's about it .How could we let the Lions isolate him against Leuenberg? Talk about a disaster waiting to happen ..Words fail me .

Bit harsh on 2 fronts - while I agree with your analysis of T Mac against the lions you do forget,

He was one of the shining lights in 2012, and he didn't play many if any pre-season games so I'd assume he's out of form at the moment. And on Sunday was beaten for height by Luenburger. I am not sure we had anyone to play on him ( a ruck or someone had to drop back)

Defensively I was very disappointed with Sunday

If T Mac's forms keeps up for the remained of 2013 I'll agree with you 100% - but i don't think he should be in the team on current form.

Edited by Unleash Hell