GAMEDAY - ROUND 5

Chook

Maxy doesn't need to be phased in, he's simply the better option now.

Let's be honest. That is where we are at. How we got there, who is to blame and what not is inconsequential in as far as moving forward. Mistakes have been made. Let's look at the game on it's merits.
We came in as a 5-1 chance today in a two horse race. That to me would say a five goal loss.
Negatives:
* run and spread is poor thus resulting in the huge disparity in possession.
* Hitting a target is also a problem.
* We need a target (s) up forward. Hurry up Mitch Clark and Chris Dawes.
* When the ball is going in fast to the opposition forward fifty, the back line looks shaky.

Positives:
* Max Gawn needs to be phased in as number one ruckman. Love his endeavour.
* The white flag wasn't run up. There was a little spunk shown up until the final siren.
* I'm thinking Shannon Byrnes is going to be a good pick up. He is having a go.
* Colin Garland = ditto.

I've taken this from one of my other posts. It is relevant here...

I'm still trying to wrap my mind around this friggin list Neeld and co have put together.

Did anyone watch Pedersen today? Actually did anyone know that he was out there? Well he was. Played like a bloody donkey like has most of his career. Great drafting skills ...

Moloney B&F 2011, Neeld didn't play him 2012, so he leaves for the lions 2013, don't blame him.

I'm sick of this rubbish. The positive to the loss today is that it puts more pressure on Neeld, hopefully the club will react this week and finally get rid of him.

• Like 4

6yrs of early picks & we still have the worst midfield why?

Moloney,Mclean,Gysberts,Scully all gone...why?

Davey as a sub..... whilst the spud Rhodan is getting game time why?

Bleese our future subbed & Rhodan the spud stays on why?

Maybe someone should be asking Neeld these questions.....absolutely!

Losing Scully was a win, allowing us the opportunity to pick up a handy forward. He has disappointed at both clubs, and surely his poor disposal should have been picked up by those handing out draft rankings.

• Like 1

yep

Is it worth going with Gawn next week with, say, a Jack Fitzpatrick resting.

People can point to Trengoves tackling but geeez, he's a plum average player ATM. No speed, poor disposal and lack of awareness.

complete waste of pick 2 I can only dream of the players we may have picked instead

Trengove seems to be building every game, really hope he has a great game today

His game was rubbish. Our team can't move forward until we remove the weedy captains we have. Look at the captains of other teams, noone has builds like ours! We need to dump them, both uninspiring and get some grunt into the captaincy!

Brisbane are travelling terribly at the moment. Against most teams that was another loss of 60-100 points.

Neeld surely won't see out this season and the sooner the change happens the better.

• Like 2

Surely the invisible man Davis gets a crack next with along with Fitzy , Spencer , Taggert and maybe Kent. Vinet too I hope .So much hype on the newbys seems totally unwarranted.

Some new blood please. Sick of watching more of the same underperformance each week. Maybe we'll find a jewell or two.

No... while I'd love to see Davis get a game soon,,, No more inexperience ins until we get the side settled....

We MUST, Have to get the experience back into our defence,, or things will get ugly...

next week Strauss, Dunn, & Nicho In, we need their RUN...

Dawes in to help settle the front half with Gawn deep, & Pedro somewhere up forward... if needs be, we can swing Pedro during the game, to defence, if needed,,, &/or if the balance isn't right during the game, we can sub Pedro or another tall out.

watts to Casey........

Blease I'm not sure yet,,, the starting structure was wrong with watts still down back...

Watts total lack of intensity & urgency puts the pressure on down the ground, when we've got the ball.... & when under pressure when they're attacking, no intensity for the contest, at the man, or body is just woeful...

we cannot afford him in the team.

N Jones should be captain. Can we change mid year!

• Like 1

I've taken this from one of my other posts. It is relevant here...

I'm still trying to wrap my mind around this friggin list Neeld and co have put together.

Did anyone watch Pedersen today? Actually did anyone know that he was out there? Well he was. Played like a bloody donkey like has most of his career. Great drafting skills ...

Moloney B&F 2011, Neeld didn't play him 2012, so he leaves for the lions 2013, don't blame him.

I'm sick of this rubbish. The positive to the loss today is that it puts more pressure on Neeld, hopefully the club will react this week and finally get rid of him.

Wrong - Moloney didn't play himself in 2012. Didn't want to.

Neelds Zone Defence in through the middle & even down back for extended periods early in a match just doesn't make sense! Why does Neeld continue with this method when its clearly bleeding goal after goal.

Too many players are just too slow in leg speed. Trengove and McKenzie 2 great examples yet Neeld leaves one of our quickest on the bench for pretty much 3 quarters. Insane coaching.

SKILLS SKILLS SKILLS! There were some good exponents early but in the end we just make too many blunders by hand/foot and too many blatantly poor optional choices.

At least we were in the game at half time but there were some worrying coaching aspects out of today's match against very mediocre opposition. No Black or Ritch either & both usually tear us up. Could have gotten very ugly had either of those 2 been in today.

• Like 1

Brisbane so predictable with their short, chipping to set up shots on goal. How come we had no answer to this?

Shite coach what else

No... while I'd love to see Davis get a game soon,,, No more inexperience ins until we get the side settled....

We MUST, Have to get the experience back into our defence,, or things will get ugly...

Dawes in to help settle the front half with Gawn deep, & Pedro somewhere up forward... if needs be, we can swing Pedro during the game, to defence, if needed,,, &/or if the balance isn't right during the game, we can sub Pedro or another tall out.

watts to Casey........

Blease I'm not sure yet,,, the starting structure was wrong with watts still down back...

Watts total lack of intensity & urgency puts the pressure on down the ground, when we've got the ball.... & when under pressure when they're attacking, no intensity for the contest, at the man, or body is just woeful...

If Watts is to play forward the mids have to be instructed to honour his leads, not hang him out to dry as occurred previously.

Dawes shouldn't play. Did nothing at Casey. Needs another run there!

It's getting to the point now where we need to pick the best 22 runners in our team and just play them every week, because the minute you select anyone with a substandard tank, you just get absolutely destroyed.

We don't have the fitness or the desire to impact games of footy for more than about fifty minutes per game, and that's just unacceptable.

Chook what if we already are....

watts to Casey........

Ive said it a hundred times so to all the apologists out there just [censored] him of to Basketball where you dont actually have to be physiacal

As bad as it looks I can see it starting to come together.

Agree - a lot of wrist slashing here but NO positive thoughts at all. Drop the coach and the whole team...and go where?

• Like 1