James Frawley

dazzledavey36

Why not try him up forward?

He would certainly outmuscle a few, and it might give him a new lease of life.

Why not try him up forward?

He would certainly outmuscle a few, and it might give him a new lease of life.

Because he can't kick or read the play well enough.

Because he can't kick or read the play well enough.

He cant do these things and he is our number one backman? Edited by DeeZee

we lose by 100 points each week atm, why the hell not throw it all around and see who can do what before neeld shows the door to the half of the list he missed in last years cleanout

• Like 1

He actually played ok against Essendon especially in the first half.

We need to look after him. We make him chase midfielders and play 95% of games. He should just stick to one opponent for the whole game. This week I'd give him Cameron and put the onus on the other backmen to do their damn jobs and take responsibility for moving the ball out of the backline as they should. It should fall on Frawley to create run nearly as much as he tries to.

• Like 1

Colin sylvia will probably go along with James Frawley, is there anybody else with free agency at end of the season?

I wouldnt blame any of them leaving, I would if I was a pro footballer with limited time left to make a mark on the game.I am so happy for Jarod Rivers getting a taste of playing in a successful and winning team.

Why would they stay?with no hope, no success and not the slightest glimmer of it in the near future!!

Wow. Two of our most senior players. One an AA and one a 10yr veteran. Poor diddums. Go off and play with a successful team. You didn't put in with us but we forgive you and wish you well.

FMD. If they want to make their mark on the game there is no better chance than now. If they could bothered pulling their digits out.

He's our number 1 backman (only just due to playing ok against Essendon) in a side that's had the worst start to an AFL/VFL season ever. His strenghts are his speed over a few meters and his strength. He's far from the worst kick in the team, but would you back him to kick a goal 35m on a slight angle? I reckon he'd get 4/10.

Our forward line isn't the problem, it's getting it down there enough! If Neeld was to switch a key back forward I'd much prefer Garland or Tom Mc.

He cant do these things and he is our number one backman?

Last year he had Bartram, Rivers, Grimes all down there with him at times.

This year he's got Gillies, Pedersen / Sellar at stages, and a two game player in Terlich, not to mention Watts and Dunn who've had half a season playing in the back line.

There has been no consistency to our structures for the past several years and undoubtedly that has not helped the development of anyone in the side.

Imagine Chip with Gibson, Guerra, Hodge around him. He'd thrive.

He's seen as a senior player, but he's still relatively young.

Exactly H_T. Tough to say if any of our players have experienced this. I do not think it is possible to over invest in Chip right now.

Edited by Waltham33

Guest rednblue4life

Our players have been bashed and smashed for years now and I marvel how they turn up week after week to get another hiding. and , they look like a team absolutely devoid of any positivity and confidence.

And James frawley I am quite sure has had a guts full !!

How can you soar like an eagle when you fly with TURKEYS ?

We Need to keep both Sylvia and Frawley get them in a room with the coach and make them come clean on their intentions beyond their contracts both need to be 100pc commited. Maybe they are a part of the reason we are getting a hidfing every week... atitudes

We Need to keep both Sylvia and Frawley get them in a room with the coach and make them come clean on their intentions beyond their contracts both need to be 100pc commited. Maybe they are a part of the reason we are getting a hidfing every week... atitudes

Agree that we need to keep these 2 but why would they tell him stf all. (If that conversation was had now they'd be more inclined to ask the coach what he'll be doing next year)

Guest rednblue4life

Agree that we need to keep these 2 but why would they tell him stf all. (If that conversation was had now they'd be more inclined to ask the coach what he'll be doing next year)

What i mean is we developed them and if they work HARD enough this should be the peak time in there carreas so staying with as would make the whole team better, they should be leading by example... anolong with others who have been there awhile.

What i mean is we developed them and if they work HARD enough this should be the peak time in there carreas so staying with as would make the whole team better, they should be leading by example... anolong with others who have been there awhile.

Well Sylvia is not in the 9 man leadership group.

Maybe Byrnes or Dawes should be leading more given they went straight onto the LG

you would think if those two intended on leaving for big money they would pull their fingers out and have All Australian years and get considerable pay rise offers, right now i wouldn't really be that fussed if they left, sylvia played well against the eagles but has one good game every 10 and frawley just doesn't look interested

If we are going to pull the club out of the hole it's in we need good characters, not people who aren't interested in anything more than the pay cheque

Well Sylvia is not in the 9 man leadership group.

Maybe Byrnes or Dawes should be leading more given they went straight onto the LG

This statement says a lot more about Sylvia, his attitude and how he's seen around the club than Byrnes, Dawes or anyone else in the leadership group.

Edited by T-34

This statement says a lot more about Sylvia, his attitude and how he's seen around the club than Byrnes, Dawes or anyone else in the leadership group.

no it says more about unrealistic expectations. Either:

He's not in the leadership group because he doesnt exhibit leadership.......in which case why expect him to hang around the club and re-sign to provide leadership

or

He's been hard done by .....in which case why expect him to hang around the club and re-sign to provide leadership

And with respect to Byrnes and Dawes....both appointed to the leadership group before they had a possession for the dees (still the case for Dawes).

top flight motivational approach that.

I haven't seen anything from Byrnes that supports his ascension....did I miss it?

No I'm not suggesting Col should be on the LG without earning it......maybe we could have just made do with a 7 man leadership group for a while

When we keep appointing strangers to the LG it reminds me of Hitler pinning medals on kids in the movie "Downfall".

Frawley leaving would create a massive hole.

He's a must keep I think he's the most important player on the list.

While lacking form personally it's tough to be a defender in our side at the moment.

We will see if Neeld and co actually have a vision and that the players have bought in or not.

Let's see if the players believe or not.

The minimum would be like for like or similar if he wants out. We need a 24-25yo who has made AA or close as a swap, maybe even a mid and remember that key backs are harder to come by. A pick is not on here we need some games experience if we are trading it away.

Maybe a Christiansen or Duncan at the Cats. Hawthorns good mids are a bit too old but maybe Shoenmakers. The WC trade above has some merit.

While we're on it the same thing goes with Watts a 22yo 50-60 games unfulfilled talent but a big upside. Reid at Sydney is one that comes to mind, but they are covered well in defence, Swallow from GC. That's the type of player you would look for, players who have shown enough to tease but done nothing to prove themselves yet.

Don't get what we want then no go, we need to get something to give and something good. Frawley no matter how he has the sooks now is an AA key position player and Watts has a huge upside. I would like to see them both stay but if they go talk like the North 2nd round pick for Watts is a joke.

Naive to think that Geelong would trade Duncan or Christensen. The kids are guns, future stars