Jimmy Toumpas

Philthy

On certain things, I'm fed up. One thing I am fed up with is how the MFC destroys young football careers. These blokes should have realized what happened to Jack Watts. Jimmy will come out of here hating football.

Agreed

People having a crack at out our 1st yr players is bordering on stupidity!

Questions need to be asked at our club on whats the plan on developing our young & current players?

Our record since 08 is shocking & disgraceful!

Look at clubs like Swans,Coll, Geelong ...& they all say its not the draft pick number is how you further develop them....Ling said that was Geelongs strength!

I tell you if the footy club burns another young talent,,,,they should be held in contempt!

Watts,Gusberts needed to serve an apprentership along with toumpas & viney!

Imagine them comming into a midfield with Brock, Moloney,Jones as leaders?

• Like 2

Beware the poison pick 4.

Morton, Livingston, Tambling...Toumpas?

Looked lost out there today.

Played senior level SANFL, which is more traditional old-school style football. He doesn't have the understanding of AFL...mind you, he's not alone amongst Dees out there!

Love the Camporeale comparison.

We are going to be reminded for years about Wines, just as we are with Watts / NicNat, Cook / Darling.

Multiple times he got or could of got the ball and gets ignored, it's crazy.

Drop him now. He'll dominate Casey. Then when he's stronger he'll work out AFL.

He's smart, creative and skilled. Just needs some strength.

I'd love to see him getting a go at half back later in the year. He'll surprise some

• Like 4

Shouldn't be playing.

No one can make any sort of call on his ability, or his career, or our decision to draft him, because he's simply not ready for AFL football. Needs to go to Casey and get fitter and stronger, whilst developing the confidence in his game that he clearly doesn't have right now.

Leave him alone, until then. We have many more problems than an 18 year old who's played 3 games.

• Like 3

The guy was SA-captain, tore up the Championships and performed admirably at SANFL level. I think he'll be OK in the long run, writing him off now is ludicrous but atm he's a long way off.

Wines was always going to be better early.

• Like 6

Yep. Ridiculous playing him at the moment. Give him time with the ball in hand at Casey. I felt sick for him when he was tackled in the back pocket today, receiving a handball from the admittedly passable Grimes, but without the hint of a shepard offered by his captain.

• Like 1

a) He is not ready for AFL yet as we all know

b - The kids an outside midfielder and right now our team just does not provide an opportunity for an outside mid - every possession we get seems to be under pressure and we lack spread

Edited by Young Dee
  • Like 3

He is clearly not ready for AFL standard... Strenght, speed, ect.

We did on the other hand need to know were he stood as an AFL player... will be interesting to see where we go next with him.

I have to agree. He is young, and it is only his 3rd game of AFL football, but he really is an empty body out there. I wish we could LOAN players out. He would dominate in a stronger midfield.

a) He is not ready for AFL yet as we all know

b - The kids an outside midfielder and right now our team just does not provide an opportunity for an outside mid - every possession we get seems to be under pressure and we lack spread

Exactly so true - outside mids are wasted when we have no insiders and cant win a tap out.

Plowman was pick 3 and has done [censored] all for GWS - a side in a similar (if not better) position to us. Only 5 of the top 30 picks from 2012 have played any games at all this year.

Give him a break.

• Like 3

Not being AFL ready is baloney - he played, and played well, against seasoned bodies at SANFL level.

Admittedly it's not of a standard comparable with VFL or even close to AFL, but it's not far off.

Simply, he looks bereft of confidence, confused, and slow.

He's not alone out there, but the signs are not promising.

Not being AFL ready is baloney - he played, and played well, against seasoned bodies at SANFL level.

Admittedly it's not of a standard comparable with VFL or even close to AFL, but it's not far off.

Simply, he looks bereft of confidence, confused, and slow.

He's not alone out there, but the signs are not promising.

actually the sanfl and VFL are pretty similar but you are a fool. Both are miles away from afl and if you don't have the physicality to compete at afl level you will struggle.

Our lack or development shouldnt reflect on toumpas' future.

He's slow because he's searching for options in a team which has none. He's used to kicking to targets not randomly. Go watch his under 18 video and think what he could be in a good side. Then add some fitness and core strength to him.

Look through Simpson from Carlton's first 10 or more AFL games. He was hopeless and now he's very good

Edited by the master

This is my one and only post on Jimmy Toumpas and I'm directing it at the recruiting panel.

FFS!

Ollie Wines said that HE WOULD LOVE to play for MELBOURNE!!! Great friends with the Vineys and great mates with JACK!!!!

Imagine these two in the middle!!

FMD!

WHY wasn't he taken??????

Sorry for shouting.

Breathe in, breathe out.....

Toumpas will be a better alround player than Viney or Ollie. Just going to to take longer. Cotchin didn't burst onto the scene, he is now a very good midfielder. The trouble is most people want to have players who can make a sudden impact rather than look long term.

This is my one and only post on Jimmy Toumpas and I'm directing it at the recruiting panel.

FFS!

Ollie Wines said that HE WOULD LOVE to play for MELBOURNE!!! Great friends with the Vineys and great mates with JACK!!!!

Imagine these two in the middle!!

FMD!

WHY wasn't he taken??????

Sorry for shouting.

Breathe in, breathe out.....

• Like 2

Can somebody please tell me why Toumpas is playing? The kid is not ready and needs to develop his game at Casey. Neeld is going to [censored] his career if they don't drop him!!

Damn right - nothing against the kid he has talen but needs to develop in the 2's. please don't [censored] his career by throwing him in the deep end like we did to Watts and Trengove.