Cameron Schwab

Range Rover

I don't think there's a "bad culture". There just isn't any leaders. It's more "no" culture than "bad" culture. I don't believe there's any rogue element.

The players they've brought in aren't up to it and the players with real talent are too young. There's a massive chasm in the list.

I see only one solution. The coach has to go whether it's fair or not. There's just too much baggage. And kids that will have a crack need to be played, i.e. Kent, Tynan and Jetta. They need to go down the GWS path. GWS are getting hammered, but they're having a crack and the whole club is on the same page, because they're treading the same path. I know that GWS have top end talent, but I see no other way.

There has to be a benchmark and that means having a crack. Break it down to the lowest common denominator, i.e. tackles. We had 35 tackles compared to Essendon's 61. The Swans won a flag last year on the back of 110 tackles. You don't need to be a gun to tackle. You have to start somewhere and that's where I'd begin.

I agree

?

So....Schwab was meddling in the FD, and may have been about to be stood down....he wasn't, but got a big slap....pulled his head in and has done a great admin job since (anyone know different?).

What evidence he has done a great admin job since? We have issues with obtaining and then retaining sponsors, our business model is based on handouts and donations and our membership is going backwards - not to mention the embarrassing marketing of us as some sort of "establishment club" with a culture of exclusivity reenforcing stereotypes and alienating potential new supporters. Where is this evidence that he's done a great Admin job since coming from?

• Like 1

McLardy on ABC

(missed the start)

McLardy says that Neeld and Craig have strong personalities. They're not going to be 'dominated' by Schwab. Schwab works with them to get our on-field performances right.

Does this mean Schwab is having input into the football department.That's how I'm reading it but I may be wrong?

That's not entirely true either. My information straight from Gutnick's mouth at the time is that it was for something entirely different.

Don't rely on anything Gutnick says...

Such as nothing that's relevant in 2013 or to this discussion at all.

Time to put up or shut up instead of making veiled comments and operating under a cloak of secrecy which this club has become expert at since '65. That's the problem with the club too many cliques (mostly originating in the MCC) thinking they have no need to divulge sensitive info to the rank and file members. If you're unable to articulate what you're referring then I have no reason to believe it was anything other than to do with covering up the salary cap breaches from Gutnick which led to the punishment from the AFL via fines and loss of draft picks.

EDIT - I also fail to see how it is irrelevant - we are talking about the reasons our current CEO was sacked by the club in his prior stint in the same role. I would think it is highly relevant to the discussion particularly considering the divisiveness he creates both inside and outside the club.

Edited by Dr. Gonzo
  • Like 1

McLardy on ABC

(missed the start)

McLardy says that Neeld and Craig have strong personalities. They're not going to be 'dominated' by Schwab. Schwab works with them to get our on-field performances right.

Does this mean Schwab is having input into the football department.That's how I'm reading it but I may be wrong?

Apologies, that's kind of out of context. What he was referring to there, I think, was whether or not we needed Schwab to step in and guide our development, and I think what McLardy was trying to say was that Neeld and Craig are their own people, and they will do their jobs, with Schwab overseeing them, rather than Schwab just stepping in. I remember McLardy saying something like 'they're not wallflowers' in relation to some sort of crack at their personalities.

Apologies, that's kind of out of context. What he was referring to there, I think, was whether or not we needed Schwab to step in and guide our development, and I think what McLardy was trying to say was that Neeld and Craig are their own people, and they will do their jobs, with Schwab overseeing them, rather than Schwab just stepping in. I remember McLardy saying something like 'they're not wallflowers' in relation to some sort of crack at their personalities.

Craig answers directly to the board, not to Schwab.

What can you make of Schwab interview?

Real truth will never come out.......

He will never admit anything......but how long can a footy club continue to put up with floggins?

Another 4-5 weeks of this [censored] & his tune will change

Our drafting has been deplorable!

Our development of players shocking!

Cameron Ling said biggest strength at the Cats was developing of players not draft picks!

Edited by dees64

What can you make of Schwab interview?

Real truth will never come out.......

He will never admit anything......but how long can a footy club continue to put up with floggins?

Another 4-5 weeks of this [censored] & his tune will change

Our drafting has been deplorable!

Our development of players shocking!

Cameron Ling said biggest strength at the Cats was developing of players not draft picks!

He deflected Carey's leadership question beautifully, and I love that he said Neeld was safe.

But is he?

Hey Cam he was talking about you, not just the players.

• Like 1

Asl Freo fans waht they think of him.

As soon as he left their club they became a consistent finals team.

He held them back, and hes holding the MFC back.

I'm not a Schwab fan but please do some homework before posting such rubbish, Freo have never in their history made successive finals series 2003, 2006, 2010 & 2012 and Schwab was there for the first 2

As for Schwab now staying out of football department.

On radio today:

I go to some or the leadership group meetings just to see what happens.

"Just to see what happens"..... Yeah right.

Again, can people please stop saying Schwab is not involved in the football side of things.

Above is what he said yesterday