THE DAY THEY WAVED THE WHITE FLAG

Demonland

I buy a full membership every year even thou I can not get to games "guess i'm just lucky". and I will keep buying them, but i'm at a complete loss as to what is going on. We were still in the game at half time last week, we never fired a shot tonight. I have no problem with the money-ball concept but the idea is to find cheap players to do a specific, not player who have in the past. To make matters worst they nearly let Viney slip though.

OK, that's enough! Some people will accuse me of being anti-Neeld from the start - they are right, but it is not because I have any personal objection to him, it is because I did my homework! He should never have been appointed, but that's history apparently written by Garry Lyon.

Where to from here?

Firstly, if Neeld has any self-respect he will resign.

Secondly, the Board needs to meet tomorrow, sack Neeld if he hasn't resigned, appoint an interim coach and then declare all Board positions open for election at a future date. As for the other coaching, administrative and support staff, their positions would depend on who is made interim coach, and 'interim' means only for the rest of this year at the most. In particular, CS and CC must go immediately. Also, a bit of advice for the interim coach - no fancy game plans, let the players play football and enjoy themselves - after a few games, then start to gradually implement some game plan ideas.

Thirdly, the Andrews report needs to be made openly available.

PS: Please don't produce any rubbish about blaming the players - leaders must always bear the responsibility for the actions of those under their charge. Apart from that, does anyone seriously believe all the players are wrong and MN alone is right!

• Like 2

Jamar was woeful tonight. Surely that's his last game. And I've never seen a team so devoid of instinct. I thought last week was bad but this was frightening.

.......INSTINCT......... I am thinking the same thing.

All I saw tonight was a team running around thinking about and trying to do what the coach had told them to do and NOT doing what comes naturally to them.

I understand that a coach puts in place a system to win games but I have always been opposed to coaches restraining a players natural instincts, after all that is what got them noticed and drafted in the first place.

In short, Neeld has to go, and the quicker the better.

He might have a fantastic game plan but I can assure you mine is better.....but like Mark I am shite house at transferring it into performances......lets get someone who can.

Neil Craig, coach by Tuesday............please.

OK, that's enough! Some people will accuse me of being anti-Neeld from the start - they are right, but it is not because I have any personal objection to him, it is because I did my homework! He should never have been appointed, but that's history apparently written by Garry Lyon.

Where to from here?

Firstly, if Neeld has any self-respect he will resign.

Secondly, the Board needs to meet tomorrow, sack Neeld if he hasn't resigned, appoint an interim coach and then declare all Board positions open for election at a future date. As for the other coaching, administrative and support staff, their positions would depend on who is made interim coach, and 'interim' means only for the rest of this year at the most. In particular, CS and CC must go immediately. Also, a bit of advice for the interim coach - no fancy game plans, let the players play football and enjoy themselves - after a few games, then start to gradually implement some game plan ideas.

Thirdly, the Andrews report needs to be made openly available.

PS: Please don't produce any rubbish about blaming the players - leaders must always bear the responsibility for the actions of those under their charge. Apart from that, does anyone seriously believe all the players are wrong and MN alone is right!

Sylvia & Jamar exceptions

No wrist slashing, it proves nothing.

It just says that we as supporters are just as bad as the club.

We need to stick thick even though you think they don't deserve it.

If you all pulled out now it just sets the recovery back further.

I've supported the Dees since 1955 and have put up with many years like this.

It doesn't get any easier, but I will keep supporting them.

It's not a question of supporting MFC - I go back as far as you and I still support them! The issue is how best to proceed from here. IMO urgent action is required.

Clearly the players, staff, CEO have lost confidence. How long till this 'cancer' transferred to the supporters and sponcers? We have a right to leave the club in droves!

It's not a question of supporting MFC - I go back as far as you and I still support them! The issue is how best to proceed from here. IMO urgent action is required.

Totally agree HN. The thread was all about slashing wrists, not about the direction we take now.

Clearly the players, staff, CEO have lost confidence. How long till this 'cancer' transferred to the supporters and sponcers? We have a right to leave the club in droves!

The door is open for you.You have the right to walk out.

Just go quietly, with some sort of style.

No need to encourage others to follow.

Ciao.

THE DAY THEY WAVED THE WHITE FLAG by The Oracle

I didn't see this coming either.

Ten minutes into the game we were looking shaky but level at one goal each. Ten minutes later Essendon had broken our backs and then our hearts went too.

There's nothing much more to say.

MELBOURNE not much

ESSENDON a lot more.

It's a pity they didn't wave the white flag a lot sooner tonight, then we could have all gone home....

I never thought I'd say this but thank god for the umpires - 3 of our 5 goals came from free kicks!

and the others from Davey [who many are too quick to criticize].

Don't tell me somebody stayed to the end?

It's a pity they didn't wave the white flag a lot sooner tonight, then we could have all gone home....

I just can't see how we are going to improve. Aside from Dawes, there's no other major names that we're missing right now. I've never felt as helpless as an MFC supporter.

It's pretty obvious that the change will not come from changing personnel but rather from changing their collective attitude. The problem ATM is what's in between their ears.

I'm not sure any more as to whether it's within the coach's capacity to effect that change.

One more roll of the dice, bring in Evans Jetta Kent Macdonald, Taggert Tynan Strauss Gawn and spencer.

Drop Jamar, Sylvia, Gillies, Sellar,Garland,Byrnes,Nicholson,Watts,Rodan

It's pretty obvious that the change will not come from changing personnel but rather from changing their collective attitude. The problem ATM is what's in between their ears.

I'm not sure any more as to whether it's within the coach's capacity to effect that change.

It's clear lots of things have to change. But that's the biggest doubt I have right now, and so the coach is the most obvious and probably easiest change to hopefully save the club for better years to come.

Two games in and this year's gone already.

Edited by heartbeatstrue

The coach has lost the players, there not trying, theres 2 or 3 guys out there that are simply not trying, you cant play footy with 15 guys on the ground, Neeld is a spud, should be sacked today, Sylvia should never play for the club, nor Jamar, at least Spencer offers a contest, Gillies is worth 5 goals aweek, Nicholson has shirked about 7 contests in the first 2 games,i am yet to see why Toumpas was taken at pick 4, Byrness is to slow, Pederson is laughable and Neeld has watched to many movies, moneyball will be the death nail of this club.

• Like 1

It's clear lots of things have to change. But that's the biggest doubt I have right now, and so the coach is the most obvious and probably easiest change to hopefully save the club for better years to come.

Two games in and this year's gone already.

we need some past players with some mongrel. Sack royal and bring in ling/ratten. get carey or dermie in although its hard to see if Brown is any good as the forwards arent getting much of a chance to show what they do. Rawlings got to go. the backline used ot be our strength. they are so confused now. royal defintiely though. hes presided over that midfield for too long.

I wonder as director of coaching, how much influence Craig is offering or if he is a passive observer. His sides played attacking footy and were very accountable. Perhaps he can be convinced to step up to the plate for the remainder of the season. I do remember him saying he was done coaching though