• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Time to go Mark Neeld

Grand New Flag

Because playing under an interim coach and a stand-in CEO will give them a clear picture of where we headed and fill them with security.

It would be a better scenario than what we have now. A temp CEO and coach waiting to be given the ars@.

• Like 1

Getting rid of Neeld want suddenly make us win, but with the right appointment it can at least can set us on a path that provides hope to players and supporters alike. Everyone associated with this club is miserable right now. Weekly thrashings until August, and the three players in question will already have their suitcases packed. Really, it is only a big reversal in fortunes, or Neeld leaving, that will keep them here, in my view. Watts in particular can not POSSIBLY be happy with his current predicament as the team yoyo, and Chip has become so used to losing that surely no-one would blame him for wanting a taste of some form of success.

If we do lose all three, you can forget 5 year plans. Try 10.

For mine, Neeld should essentially be on weekly notice. It's at that stage now.

regardless of what anyone WANTS to happen or WHEN they think it should happen, I think the point is moot. I get a very uneasy feeling that any week, particularly the tough ones (of course) could see another 25-30 goal loss occur and that will be the trigger. All it would take is a mob to rip us to pieces and be 8-10 goals up at quarter time, heads drop, and it's all over. You can't help but feel it's just a matter of weeks til this happens

That is specious reasoning.

And the 'damage' that people have repeated 'bloody ad nauseum' Pman, are all the reasons why Neeld may not be here beyond this season. But nothing in our performances demands we play more than half the year with a caretaker coach.

There are no coherent reasons why we cannot give Neeld until August.

Whatever damage there is, it has been done.

What a nuclear waste of a season this would be with a caretaker in charge for 4 months.

Only a hunch.

But my gut feel is Neeld might have already been put on notice that his services won't be required, at least after season's end.

I think he might already be gone and just playing a caretaker role from here. Definetaly hush hush and only on a "need to know" basis betwen the board/CEO and Neeld himself. Looks more professional to the outside world, in particular sponsors and members and just in general (press etc). The quiet approach if you like.

In the meantime the hunt for an experienced coach is underway with the AFL's preferred man at the helm overseeing proceedings with the possibility of an announcement a handfull of games out from season's end or earlier if the right candidate is secured well before then. This allows the CEO/FD and most imnportantly the Coach and his new team, time to apply the big sell and secure the services of "required" players well before they make thier final decision with managers/family etc. Might even up the ante with more lucrative offers, with a helping hand from the AFL ($) albeit this would be limited within usual salary cap constraints.

C&B's post (above) is valid in the sense that the AFL are already well aware of this danger. With AD's statement that "any club (ie., in particular US) is only one poor decision away from disaster", they can easily see the precipice on which we now stand. The AFL branded 'ascender' is well and truly attached and jumaring already underway IMO.

Edited by Rusty Nails

Only a hunch.

But my gut feel is Neeld might have already been put on notice that his services won't be required, at least after season's end.

I think he might already be gone and just playing a caretaker role from here. Definetaly hush hush and only on a "need to know" basis betwen the board/CEO and Neeld himself. Looks more professional to the outside world, in particular sponsors and members and just in general (press etc). The quiet approach if you like.

In the meantime the hunt for an experienced coach is underway with the AFL's preferred man at the helm overseeing proceedings with the possibility of an announcement a handfull of games out from season's end or earlier if the right candidate is secured well before then. This allows the CEO/FD and most imnportantly the Coach and his new team, time to apply the big sell and secure the services of "required" players well before they make thier final decision with managers/family etc. Might even up the ante with more lucrative offers, with a helping hand from the AFL ($) albeit this would be limited within usual salary cap constraints.

C&B's post (above) is valid in the sense that the AFL are already well aware of this danger. With AD's statement that "any club (ie., in particular US) is only one poor decision away from disaster", they can easily see the precipice on which we now stand. The AFL branded 'ascender' is well and truly attached and jumaring already underway IMO.

It is a sensible and professional way to go about it providing everyone works in the same direction, however my observations of Neeld indicate to me he is a stubborn SOB and his dogma will continue until he is pushed.

Only a hunch.

lol

• Like 1

It is a sensible and professional way to go about it providing everyone works in the same direction, however my observations of Neeld indicate to me he is a stubborn SOB and his dogma will continue until he is pushed.

It's neither sensible or professional.

The club either backs Neeld fully (ugh) or if they don't they dismiss him ASAP (preferred).

There is no way that any coach would continue to bang his head against a wall when he knows his contract will be terminated early.

• Like 2

It's neither sensible or professional.

The club either backs Neeld fully (ugh) or if they don't they dismiss him ASAP (preferred).

There is no way that any coach would continue to bang his head against a wall when he knows his contract will be terminated early.

No harm in re-evaluating projects mid term but I agree Rhino - either the board has to come out and support Neeld or they need to fire him.

Don't like they are sitting on the fence - Support him or fire him, and hurry up about it

This is the problem with this club - from the outside it looks like people are protecting themselves rather then doing right for the club... It doesn't fill me with confidence

• Like 1

The 'Dogs' win tonight showed what a coach can do - and it was yet another Geelong style coach. He was first employed when MN was employed and he took over a list which was inferior in potential to the one at MFC.

Sure the 'Dogs' have a long way to go , but tonight they showed something I would love to see happen at MFC - they took the game on in an exciting, attacking fashion and it was worth watching.

I know to some extent its an early call, but now we have Sanderson, McCartney and Hinkley, all looking good for the future - and then we have MN!

The 'Dogs' win tonight showed what a coach can do - and it was yet another Geelong style coach. He was first employed when MN was employed and he took over a list which was inferior in potential to the one at MFC.

Sure the 'Dogs' have a long way to go , but tonight they showed something I would love to see happen at MFC - they took the game on in an exciting, attacking fashion and it was worth watching.

I know to some extent its an early call, but now we have Sanderson, McCartney and Hinkley, all looking good for the future - and then we have MN!

Is there a "dud if the year coach" award!

I know who would win.

Neeld is gone, we all know that.

Peter Jackson is no dummy and he is taking his time behind the scenes to find the right man to takeover. as coach

Hes not going to rush into anything like last time the MFC needed a coach and G Lyon just gave it to Neeld for no reason other than that he wanted the process to be over so he could go and relax on holidays.

Edited by hogans_heroes

Neeld is gone, we all know that.

Peter Jackson is not an [censored] and he is taking his time behind the scenes to find the man to takeover.

Hes not going to rush into anything like last time the MFC needed a coach and G Lyon just gave it to Neeld for no reason other than that he wanted the process to be over so he could go and relax on holidays.

The whole selection process to get Neeld now looks seriously flawed. Schwab and the board massive massive [censored] up.

• Like 2

The whole selection process to get Neeld now looks seriously flawed. Schwab and the board massive massive [censored] up.

It's almost like the selection panel got spooked out because 3 other clubs were also in the market.

Such poor leadership up top.

No other way to describe it.

• Like 1

Love the way that all the other new coaches whose teams are also doing worse now than when these new coaches started, are ignored by the anti-Neeld brains trust on this forum.

Shall we go through the list?

Off the top of my head : Buckley, Watters, McCartney, Voss...

Golly! maybe they should get Paul Roos?

Edited by PaulRB
  • Like 1

And your point is? Unless you noticed we have been given an absolute lemon to coach our football club.

Yes and we have 114 pages of the same comments repeated over and over again, ad infinitum; and not only here... they are repeated at every opportunity in any post regardless of the topic. It's repetitive, it's boring and it has absolutely zero impact on any decision that is likely to be made concerning Neeld's future.

• Like 2

Yes and we have 114 pages of the same comments repeated over and over again, ad infinitum; and not only here... they are repeated at every opportunity in any post regardless of the topic. It's repetitive, it's boring and it has absolutely zero impact on any decision that is likely to be made concerning Neeld's future.

That's democracy at work buddy! Like it or lump it.

That's democracy at work buddy! Like it or lump it.

Yes, it's wonderful... we all have the right to repeat ourselves over and over and over and over and over and to jump into every topic and ruin it with commentary on the coach even when the topic has nothing to do with the coach (Barry thread, even the Dogs Win thread and countless others).

Actually< i'm not really sure what democracy has to do with it, other than to provide some sort of an excuse for a lack of originality and sheepish behaviour.

I can assure you that anyone being told they are not required or not being given a contract extension doesn't want to be there the moment they are told

Once a club makes up its mind it should ACT immediately

Viney would be a perfect caretaker as it would not require much adjustment

Viney has the respect of the playing list and that is IMO more than Neeld has right now

IMO Viney is a competitive animal and was respected by anyone he played with or against

If you saw Todd play you would understand

Viney has always been a team player and i am sure he will take on the job for the sake of the club

The bottom line is the MFC should not procrastinate on making a decision just for the sake of ego,s like Lyon having egg on his face again

• Like 1

How did you rate the Dogs output last week? How did you rate Ports first half today? Your post appears a tad selective.
  • Like 1

I can assure you that anyone being told they are not required or not being given a contract extension doesn't want to be there the moment they are told

Once a club makes up its mind it should ACT immediately

Viney would be a perfect caretaker as it would not require much adjustment

Viney has the respect of the playing list and that is IMO more than Neeld has right now

IMO Viney is a competitive animal and was respected by anyone he played with or against

If you saw Todd play you would understand

Viney has always been a team player and i am sure he will take on the job for the sake of the club

The bottom line is the MFC should not procrastinate on making a decision just for the sake of ego,s like Lyon having egg on his face again

He did it when Bailey was sacked and the results were underwhelming. The playing list then most certainly did not stand up for him, I agree to a point with 'RP' that employing a caretaker will be a lame duck appointment. It's only been a success at other clubs when the caretaker has a real show at the top job, we have no one in that position.

A couple of bad results and our hand maybe forced though but no to Todd for me, let Jack have his own career without his father getting in the way.

It's only been a success at other clubs when the caretaker has a real show at the top job ...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but there's only been one case where a caretaker coach went on to win a premiership. So perhaps that should be "other club".

Actually, democracy is a system of government, as opposed to theocracy, plotocracy, oligarchy, monarchy etc.

plotocracy, love it! best thing you ever posted Bing!

(Plotocracy a freudian slip from an MFC-watcher?)

• Like 1