• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Time to go Mark Neeld

Grand New Flag

The quality of mids will depend on which coach we can snag. If we get for example Roos/Eade then I think the MFC will be an attractive proposition for other players.

With any luck the holy one GL will have nothing to do with the appointment of the new coach which will hopefully ensure we don't get another dud.

I've expressed my views about the coach previously. We just need to let things play out.

We should expect a much improved 'effort' from the team tomorrow. But even with Clark, Sylvia, Watts, Viney and Grimes playing, we'd struggle to push the Tigers (the way we're playing)

One of the biggest issue we've got is our lack of teamwork when we've got the ball. We don't create for each other. We never seem to score 'easy' goals. We do get the ball a reasonable amount of times - but our use of the ball is awful.

3 things that stand out ...

We don't look like we're playing for the coach

We don't look like we're playing in spite of the coach

We don't play for each other. Otherwise, we'd be seeing the teamwork.

At some stage, personal pride has to kick in. List management starts to be looked at, at this time of the year. The players have their own future's on the line.

Edited by Macca

Sorry 'dee-luded', but before MN was employed we were told MFC would employ an experienced coach next time - how then did we end up with MN?

The buck stops with the Board and MN - end of story.

before Neeld was hired, I was calling for us to go after Roos.... & not MM. for the reasons of fixing the culture... Most didn't want Roos..

obviously many said No, & I would expect most would have said to fix the Culture fist.

that is what being addressed. can't you see that?

so in that, when we employed MNeeld, I thought, 'OK', theres a change of tack.

& to fix the culture is Imperative

• Like 1

before Neeld was hired, I was calling for us to go after Roos.... & not MM. for the reasons of fixing the culture... Most didn't want Roos..

obviously many said No, & I would expect most would have said to fix the Culture fist.

that is what being addressed. can't you see that?

so in that, when we employed MNeeld, I thought, 'OK', theres a change of tack.

& to fix the culture is Imperative

The ability to coach and lead would be useful - the inept one is following an ordinary playing career with an equally good coaching performance.

You don't change culture by destroying confidence.

• Like 1

The ability to coach and lead would be useful - the inept one is following an ordinary playing career with an equally good coaching performance.

+1 angrydee

• Like 1

theres you problem, you want a name...

talking of confidence, Speak to Barassi about when he had to pull apart the weak culture strand by strand... confidences are broken along the way doing it...

tell us, who told you Neeld has damaged everyones confidence?

or do you mean by getting rid of 14 players, that hurt the confidence?

lets hear it?

Neeld's approach since he arrived at the Dee's was all about actions and behaviours the players were exhibiting. This is where Neeld has got it wrong. Very wrong.

Think about how you act and behave when you're in a negative emotional state. Think Brent Moloney and you will see the obvious connection to his poor performance last year. He was so [censored] off with Neeld that he dropped his bundle, didn't put in and ultimately ended up at Casey playing in the magoo's.

This has now compounded and infiltrated the psyche of so many other players on the list it's not funny. Neeld needs to look further past this behaviour and actions crap and actually connect emotionally with the players. Quite possibly this has started to happen a little bit lately but it's due to the hidings the boys have been getting as opposed to any foundational work that may have avoided the status quo.

Feelings are created by how a person thinks and what they believe. We have a team of players that have been led to believe that they don't have enough games experience to challenge and that we're in the midst of another bottom up rebuild. How do you think the players feel about that? Must be a real challenge for them to get up just on the back of Neelds rhetoric let alone on the back of a flogging.

The sooner Neeld starts talking about winning the better. This line about being 'competitive' needs shitcanning. He needs to start building the belief that these players can take it right up to any team regardless of their experience or what stage of development they're in.

In summary:

Thinking and beliefs....

Determine feelings and your emotional state...

Which in turn determines actions and behaviours....

Which then determines results.

Neeld lost the players last year and is only now starting to realise how costly his mistakes have been. Whether he has enough time to change how these guys feel about playing footy under him is the question. Will Peter Jackson identify this and put measures in place to rectify it and give Neeld time to see if he can in fact coach?

The players can play footy but the coach has almost completely suffocated them with his elite standards and head master directives.

They're not enjoying their footy under you, Mark Neeld. It is in fact, time to go..

Edited by McQueen
  • Like 11

theres you problem, you want a name...

talking of confidence, Speak to Barassi about when he had to pull apart the weak culture strand by strand... confidences are broken along the way doing it...

tell us, who told you Neeld has damaged everyones confidence?

or do you mean by getting rid of 14 players, that hurt the confidence?

lets hear it?

When Barassi - a legend of the club, premiership captain and four time premiership coach - spoke, players listened with reverence, respect and awe.

When Neeld speaks...

Good post 'McQueen' - hit the nail right on the head!

(Also like your new picture!)

That avatar is for you and PJ_12345.

When Barassi - a legend of the club, premiership captain and four time premiership coach - spoke, players listened with reverence, respect and awe.

When Neeld speaks...

Have you been in there with him & them?

Maybe Neeld didn't take on board RDB's art of coaching. Keep the players who don't like you away from the one's who are undecided or maybe he took it too literally.

In any group your will always have the ones who like you and the ones who don't, the undecideds are the tricky group and some of the likes are not always as they seem. In fact some you think don't like you are not all they seem either.

I'd be pretty confident five more years like the last two and there won't be a MFC to rebuild, Neeld can't make it through this year

• Like 1

I hope that the 'respectable defeat' language being thrown around after today's loss doesn't disguise the bigger picture. A few years ago we were clearly ahead of Richmond in terms of development. We were on the rise. We have gone so far backwards that we now consider a six goal loss a positive step forward. Five more years like this under Neeld and we'll be struggling to match it with B-grade amateur sides. I am not willing to accept that 'it is what it is'.

• Like 3

This club has fallen so far under this coach that a 7 goal loss to a mid-tier team is now considered a positive. FFS!

As has been previously pointed out, this match just two years ago was billed as the battle of the up and comers....... the teams on the rise, the likely future dominant teams in the AFL. The winner was in the 8. At the time we were well in front in terms of development, had lower draft picks and won by 4 goal, Watts was a standout that game. Today we are a laughing stock of the competition, are widely considered as worse than Fitzroy, we are in consideration with the worst of the worst teams in the history of the competition. As a result the club is on its knees. Meanwhile Richmond have continued the long, slow march up the ladder. It is indeed a tale of two clubs. Simply one team made the right choice in coach and the other made a disastrously wrong appointment.

Yes, we had a crack but don't be fooled by a semi competitive performance against a mid-tier club. We still lost by 7 goal, we were smashed, if it was not for our excellent forward 50 conversion rate and Richmond's inaccuracy, the game would have be all over by half time and we would have been again humiliated on the score board. The performance was still appalling, as has been virtually all performances since Neeld took over.

So what has happened, what has brought us to this point? How did it all come to this? Well there is a long tale to be told, but there is just one common denominator, and that is Mark Neeld.

Neeld has squandered our talent, failed to develop our kids, failed to implement a positive or winning culture. He has divided the players, installed an inappropriate out dated defensive game plan and if that's no bad enough he now tells us we are a further 5 years away from playing finals.......... and that is if everything goes right. By any measure, he has utterly and completely failed.

Mark Neeld has destroyed the Melbourne Football Club, he is personally responsible for where we are now. He has personally recruited more than half our list (26), our players are now his hand picked troops. Yes, we do have other internal problems but there can be no excuse for the unprecedented backward path this club has taken under the watch of this coach. The incompetence is breathtaking. How anyone can support him, how he still has a job coaching is completely beyond me.

It is time to cut this guy. We chose the wrong coach. He has done untold damage and is continuing to hurt this club everyday he remains in charge. I truly see Neeld as the source of most of our failure and pain, and personally responsible for it. I hate him for what he has done to our playing list, our club. It is time for the people who are responsible for his appointment to take responsibility for their poor choice.

I again call on the board to immediately terminate the dud of all duds, Mark Neeld.

Edited by Grand New Flag
  • Like 1

This club has fallen so far under this coach that a 7 goal loss to a mid-tier team is now considered a positive. FFS!

As has been previously pointed out, this match just two years ago was billed as the battle of the up and comers....... the teams of the rise, the likely future dominant team in the AFL. The winner was in the 8. At the time we were well in front in terms of development, had lower draft picks and won by 8 goal, Watts was a standout. Today we are a laughing stock of the competition, are widely considered as worse or on par with Fitzroy, we are in consideration with the worst of the worst teams in the history of the competition. As a result the club on its knees. Meanwhile Richmond have continued the long, slow march up the ladder. It is indeed a tale of two clubs. Simply one team made the right choice in coach and the other made a disastrously wrong appointment.

Yes we had a crack but don't be fooled by the 7 goal loss, we were smashed, if it was not for our excellent forward 50 conversion rate and Richmond's inaccurate set shot conversions the game would have be all over by half time and we would have been again humiliated on the score board.

So what has happened, what has brought us to this point. How did it all come to this? Well there is long tale to be told, but there is just one common denominator, and that is Mark Neeld.

Neeld has squandered our talent, failed to develop our kids, failed to implement a positive or winning culture. He has divided the players, installed an inappropriate out dated defensive game plan, he has completely failed.

Mark Neeld has destroyed the Melbourne Football Club, he is personally responsible for where we are now. He has personally recruited more than half our list (26), our players are now his hand picked troops. Yes, we do have other internal problems but there can be no excuse for the unprecedented backward path this club has taken under the watch of this coach. The incompetence is breathtaking. How anyone can support him, how he still has a job coaching is completely beyond me.

Do not be fooled by a semi competitive performance against a mid-tier club, the game was still over at 3 quarter time, we still went down by 7 goal. The performance was still appalling, as has been virtually all performances since Neeld took over.

It is time to cut this guy. We chose the wrong coach. I truly see him as the source of most of our failure and pain, and personally responsible for it. I hate him for what he has done to our playing list, our club. It is time for the people who are responsible for his appointment to take responsibility for their poor choice.

I again call on the board to immediately terminate the dud of all duds, Mark Neeld.

do you mean this game >

art-wbAFLmelrich-420x0.jpg

Melbourne v Richmond MCG, Sunday 21 August, 4.40pm (AEST)

TEAMS

MELBOURNE

B: Colin Garland, James Frawley, Clint Bartram

HB: Aaron Davey, Jared Rivers, Joel Macdonald

C: Sam Blease, Tom Scully

HF: Jack Trengove, Stefan Martin, Jeremy Howe

F: Ricky Petterd, Jack Watts, Brad Green

Foll: Mark Jamar, Colin Sylvia, Nathan Jones

I/C: Lynden Dunn, Cale Morton, Jamie Bennell, Neville Jetta, Liam Jurrah, Jordie McKenzie, Daniel Nicholson

In: Brad Green, Jamie Bennell, Neville Jetta, Liam Jurrah

Out: Luke Tapscott (soreness)

OUT:Clint Bartram, Brad Green (retired), Jared Rivers, Brent Moloney (free agency), Stefan Martin Ricky Petterd Cale Morton Jamie Bennell Liam Jurrah, Tom Scully (money-icon.png),

RICHMOND

B: Bachar Houli, Alex Rance, Will Thursfield

HB: Brett Deledio, Jayden Post, Matt Dea

C: Trent Cotchin, Dustin Martin, Shaun Grigg

HF: Daniel Jackson, Tyrone Vickery, Shane Edwards

F: Robin Nahas, Jack Riewoldt, Jake King

Foll: Angus Graham, Shane Tuck, Nathan Foley

I/C: Matthew White, Mitch Morton, Mitchell Farmer, Jeromey Webberley, Ben Nason, Jamie O'Reilly, Brad Miller

In: Matthew White, Jeromey Webberley, Ben Nason, Jamie O'Reilly

Out: Jake Batchelor (shoulder)

Edited by dee-luded

Have we got a new coach yet?

Chris Dawes destroyed him in yesterday's Press Conference.

Neeld seems to accept anything that isn't a 100 point loss as a positive.

I don't and won't.

Mark has hit the wall. Sad but it has happened.

so thats it ,

all over no more for you, no improvement

are talking about the cs memorial wall.

Have we got a new coach yet?

Chris Dawes destroyed him in yesterday's Press Conference.

He said what needed to be said, 'This is a first step but we can't accept losing.' Finally someone said it!

As has been previously pointed out, this match just two years ago was billed as the battle of the up and comers....... the teams on the rise, the likely future dominant teams in the AFL. The winner was in the 8. At the time we were well in front in terms of development, had lower draft picks and won by 8 goal, Watts was a standout that game. Today we are a laughing stock of the competition, are widely considered as worse than Fitzroy, we are in consideration with the worst of the worst teams in the history of the competition. As a result the club on its knees. Meanwhile Richmond have continued the long, slow march up the ladder. It is indeed a tale of two clubs. Simply one team made the right choice in coach and the other made a disastrously wrong appointment.

Yes, we had a crack but don't be fooled by a semi competitive performance by a mid-tier club. We still lost by 7 goal, we were smashed, if it was not for our excellent forward 50 conversion rate and Richmond's inaccuracy, the game would have be all over by half time and we would have been again humiliated on the score board. The performance was still appalling, as has been virtually all performances since Neeld took over.

So what has happened, what has brought us to this point? How did it all come to this? Well there is a long tale to be told, but there is just one common denominator, and that is Mark Neeld.

Neeld has squandered our talent, failed to develop our kids, failed to implement a positive or winning culture. He has divided the players, installed an inappropriate out dated defensive game plan, and now he tells us we are a further 5 years away from playing finals.......... and that is if everything goes right. By any measure, he has completely failed.

It is time to cut this guy. We chose the wrong coach. He has done untold damage and is continuing to hurt this club everyday he remains in charge. I truly see Neeld as the source of most of our failure and pain, and personally responsible for it. I hate him for what he has done to our playing list, our club. It is time for the people who are responsible for his appointment to take responsibility for their poor choice.

Harsh, but so painfully true. However, while I believe Neeld should go, I do not believe he is solely to blame. I think he inherited the culture which currently exists and has not been able to deal with it. But for those apologists for Neeld who believe in a re-build of a re-build, put our meek performances down to an inadequate list, who think we can survive a full 5 years of a so-called plan, that is at best obscure, then I ask you to take this on board.

If we continue on the "5 year" pathway, we will be consigned to oblivion in today's current market. If you are happy to take that risk, then you do not comprehend the realities of today's football world, which is being run more and more on tried and true business models. Simply, we can no longer afford such a luxury and we need to be seen as at least having a red hot go. As others have said, right now we are perceived as the biggest joke in the AFL. I for one will not tolerate a tail spin into oblivion and can't, in all good conscience, keep putting my hard earned into a club which will not even recognise its gross inadequacies. I am more than willing to put money into the club, if I can see some substantial and identifiable contingency plan put in place.

That some take consolation from 6 goal losses, simply because that loss was not as catastrophic as previous losses in 2013, then we are indeed at a very low ebb.

• Like 1