This is worse than Round 1, 2012

Redjacket

We were one of the major victorian sides in 2004-05ish - no we are a joke ive defended for too long. neeld has clearly no idea how to inspire his players, the players have no structure, half-arsed efforts, nothing from any of the older players, the backhalf without rivers is an utter disgrace, the skill levels are pathetic, the fitness seems poor, and no one appears to care.

Something is very wrong - rotten to the core. This is an all time low. Trust me.

No spread.

Too many players shouldnt have been in the side - too many players that would have shown more (Dean kent, terlich, magner, jetta) that were not picked.

ive defended Neeld for a long time. But you cant after this. This is HIS demons side.

• Like 3

Neeld has brought a lot to the club, we now train and prepare like the top clubs but on game day nothing has changed which is worrying. baileys side would have beaten up on port at the g

Worrying signs after round 1

Deja vu

It is worse than round 1 2012 because "the boys" trained their backsides off for 5 months according to certain principles, structures etc... and then played with no urgency or intensity at all. So many times the commentators called "the Melbourne players stayed off and the Port player took the ball uncontested".

Since Neeld was appointed, I have stayed committed to the view that I would review him as a coach at round 11 2013. It is only round 1 but he is beginning to look shaky. Can he game day coach? Can he inspire? No signs of this yet after two preseasons.

• Like 1

Neeld simply cannot coach on game day, his prep is OK but his gameplans are actually non existent. Shame Dees, shame! You are still the laughing stock.

Prove me wrong, I said that in 2012 and I say it again.We are by far the softest side of all 18 teams. Embarrassing.

• Like 3

I've been going to the footy in Melbourne to watch us religiously since 1987. I've never seen our supporters stay until the end of the game just so they could boo their own players off....

Until today.

This is a new low.

mate ive been paying my memberships religiously since before then - this is a side that in 2000 to 2004 was a major force in the AFL - respected, well structured, a list of talent that demanded respect. Now we are clearly making up the numbers slowly pettering out to death. Its clear the players are ok with this fact, judging by their heartless efforts once again.

Well im not happy with this and I think the supporters have every right to boo players that put that kind of crap up.

• Like 1

mate ive been paying my memberships religiously since before then - this is a side that in 2000 to 2004 was a major force in the AFL - respected, well structured, a list of talent that demanded respect. Now we are clearly making up the numbers slowly pettering out to death. Its clear the players are ok with this fact, judging by their heartless efforts once again.

Well im not happy with this and I think the supporters have every right to boo players that put that kind of crap up.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not suggesting for a second that everyone of us was not entitled to boo. I'm just saying that when things are this bad it's a very dark day for the club. I don't know where we go from here, not just as a team but as a club. How many 'on the fence' members will sign up after that? You look over the road and you see Collingwoods huge purpose built training facility and you realise we are just digging ourselves deeper into a hole. We started the year 500k down on every other club due to the fines and now we play like this?

I'm really worried.

Edited by The heart beats true
  • Like 2

I agree heart beats true. Where do we go from here? What can Neeld say, do, change? What will spark us? How can a group of players serve that up after a tough preseason?

Can we shrink any further?

Every year I say we have no momentum in the pre-season and we lose round 1. It ain't that F*******g hard.

Our 22 today have never played together before and it showed.

Brian Royal should be shot. F*** him off completely. Honestly what has he done other than crucify our midfield.

Sellar I have been a supporter of but today showed he is useless. 3 kicks and 3 hb's/

Pederson is a spud. Tapscott was hopeless. Watts was a joke, Howe disappeared.

Nicho continued on his merry way. Turnover after turnover, Dunn hasn't got a brain. Frawley is a shadow of his AA self.

Sylvia produced another insipid effort. No 2nd or 3rd efforts and simply strolled around showing off his biceps.

Gillies is a very ordinary footballer who didn't lay one tackle.

Jordie is a one trick pony.

I fear for the club. The vitriol that has been thrown at it over the past 8 months has been largely accurate. We were pathetic and disgusting.

• Like 2

We were one of the major victorian sides in 2004-05ish - no we are a joke ive defended for too long. neeld has clearly no idea how to inspire his players, the players have no structure, half-arsed efforts, nothing from any of the older players, the backhalf without rivers is an utter disgrace, the skill levels are pathetic, the fitness seems poor, and no one appears to care.

Something is very wrong - rotten to the core. This is an all time low. Trust me.

No spread.

Too many players shouldnt have been in the side - too many players that would have shown more (Dean kent, terlich, magner, jetta) that were not picked.

ive defended Neeld for a long time. But you cant after this. This is HIS demons side.

The back half is a disgrace without Rivers and wait till Frawley leaves. theres no way in hell he'll be sticking around when his contract is up. would you?

No spread.

It's essentially impossible to defend Neeld after today's performance. I was with you before today NSC and it's foolish to ride someone off after one week, but we're not talking about a hard fought loss, where Port really turned up to play. This was an absolute thrashing that exemplified a lack of structure, seemingly a lack of fitness and a lack of heart.

• Like 1

Every year I say we have no momentum in the pre-season and we lose round 1. It ain't that F*******g hard.

Our 22 today have never played together before and it showed.

Brian Royal should be shot. F*** him off completely. Honestly what has he done other than crucify our midfield.

Sellar I have been a supporter of but today showed he is useless. 3 kicks and 3 hb's/

Pederson is a spud. Tapscott was hopeless. Watts was a joke, Howe disappeared.

Nicho continued on his merry way. Turnover after turnover, Dunn hasn't got a brain. Frawley is a shadow of his AA self.

Sylvia produced another insipid effort. No 2nd or 3rd efforts and simply strolled around showing off his biceps.

Gillies is a very ordinary footballer who didn't lay one tackle.

Jordie is a one trick pony.

I fear for the club. The vitriol that has been thrown at it over the past 8 months has been largely accurate. We were pathetic and disgusting.

Have to admit I got a chuckle out of this. All so damning but all so true. It's absurd how bad we are.