NAB CUP 3: ST. KILDA

Longsufferingnomore

Have seen a number of Melbourne and Casey games in last three/four seasons, it is a ripping experience. Can go on the ground and listen to the coaches and watching the game close up makes you appreciate the skills of the modern day player.

Hey guys.. I heard in their Local Paper that crowd is being capped at 10,000 and that tickets can be pre-purchased to avoid running the risk of missing out.. anyone else know of this?

Just looked up the AFL site and you can buy tickets through Ticketmaster but they are $20.00 plus handling fee of $3.95. I am sure last year they were $10 - AFL inflation 100% :blink:

Maybe you can offer discounted parking?

Alas no. Just found out yesterday that they're still a block away from finishing the road that goes to my lot. Looks like I'll have to pay also!

Enjoy the day fellow Dees, would love to be there but long trip from Perth. Hope we get 10k fans through the gate and hope it is a lot of new Dees supporters from the Casey area who head along and entrench us in the area for the future.

Yeah but you can walk out and hear the address.

That's something.

Fair point and had planned to go, but will go to Casey games instead.

Plus, don't highlight that you can go see the address or the AFL will cotton on that the fans like it and will either ban it or charge $50 to enter the ground at 1/4 time and 3/4 time

Fair point and had planned to go, but will go to Casey games instead.

Plus, don't highlight that you can go see the address or the AFL will cotton on that the fans like it and will either ban it or charge $50 to enter the ground at 1/4 time and 3/4 time

I just think it will be a great atmosphere.

I also have a wet dream that some benevolent Demon from down that way will help build a 25k seater around that ground and we can make some money from PA, WCE, GC, GWS, and Freo games.

• Like 1

I just think it will be a great atmosphere.

I also have a wet dream that some benevolent Demon from down that way will help build a 25k seater around that ground and we can make some money from PA, WCE, GC, GWS, and Freo games.

Would be a good move

Every time I've seen Melbourne play at Casey you couldn't. You can in VFL games, just not not AFL, unless something has changed.

My bad. I thought you could but maybe I am thinking of the Regional Challenge...

That was scrapped so we could have less meaningful games.

Do AFL member tickets admit to this game?

And is it just me or in previous years has club membership allowed for entry into NAB cup/Challenge matches?

In the past Melbourne have played Challenge (practice) games where membership gets you in.

This is a NAB Cup game where membership doesn't get you in.

Unfortunately I'll be stuck at home 600kms away, but I'll be at Casey in spirit, glass in hand, and hanging off every progress report that you good guys are a able to send via my favourite website. Thanks in anticipation!!

I assume that this will be broadcast via the AFL website?

I assume that this will be broadcast via the AFL website?

Yes...they are bringing over the 5AA boys by request to broadcast the game. Should make interesting listening as they won't know anyone from either team except for the SA draftees.

• Like 4

Yes...they are bringing over the 5AA boys by request to broadcast the game. Should make interesting listening as they won't know anyone from either team except for the SA draftees.

Well, I was one who wasn't too phased by the 5aa call... I thought they were a lot better than in the past and no worse than back in the day when I had to listen to 3GL when we played down the highway.
  • Like 1

Selection is going to be interesting. Only four players - Colin Sylvia, James Magner, Cam Pedersen and the unlisted Jesse Hogan. Pedersen only played a cameo role coming on late in the game at Renmark.

On that basis, I think Sylvia and Magner will be rested but the remaining selections will be interesting as we move closer to determining the team for the opening game.

Well, I was one who wasn't too phased by the 5aa call... I thought they were a lot better than in the past and no worse than back in the day when I had to listen to 3GL when we played down the highway.

Kum By Yah!

• Like 1

Selection is going to be interesting. Only four players - Colin Sylvia, James Magner, Cam Pedersen and the unlisted Jesse Hogan. Pedersen only played a cameo role coming on late in the game at Renmark.

On that basis, I think Sylvia and Magner will be rested but the remaining selections will be interesting as we move closer to determining the team for the opening game.

If they want to work with Sellar, Dawes, and Pedersen in the forward line they might be best suited to making Hogan a sub or resting him entirely.

Should be a good game, hopefully the wind at Casey isn't too extreme. Does any one know if Casey are playing there as well. I remember a few years back the AFL game waas early followed by Casey, made for a good day.

I would like to see a nice balance in the team, our players that are certain starters with a mix of hopefulls, with that in mind my team

Byrnes Dawes Sellar

Howe Pederson Tapscott

Toumpas Jones Grimes

Watts McDonald Dunn

Strauss Frawley Garland

Jamar McKenzie Viney

Evans Rodan Nicholson

Taggart, Jetta, Sylvia

To me our spots that need to be filled for Round 1

Mid size/Small Defenders 2 spots out off Dunn, Nicholson, Terlich, Jetta, Strauss

Midfield and bench mid fielders 5 spots Sylvia, Evans, Rodan, Toumpas, Viney, McKenzie, Magner, Couch, M Jones

Small/Midsize Forwards 2 spots Tapscott, Blease, Davey, Byrnes, Kent

Back up Ruck 1 spots Spencer, Sellar, Pederson

I would like to Sylvia and Jetta remain in the team but manage them as Subs to limit game time. All other players besides Evans have either missed a week or only played part games. Sellar plays as back up ruck/forward, Hogan gets a spell.

This game will probably determine my enthusiasm for the coming season.

I don't believe the saints are finals material so If we cannot get at Min. very close to beating them IMO it does not look good.

Anything less than that suggests another drab year awaits in 2013