Never Forget this.

Alf Stewart

Yes, I just noticed that rhetorical use of 'guilty until proven guilty' myself...

She had the bit between her teeth thinking we had a code named, specific meeting to discuss tanking that staff were directly threatened in. Now that smoking gun has gone up in smoke I wonder how vociferous she will be when the investigation comes to a close.

Yes, I just noticed that rhetorical use of 'guilty until proven guilty' myself...

She had the bit between her teeth thinking we had a code named, specific meeting to discuss tanking that staff were directly threatened in. Now that smoking gun has gone up in smoke I wonder how vociferous she will be when the investigation comes to a close.

I'm a journalist by trade. Personally, I never would have written that unless I was damn sure I was correct. Like 100% correct.Secondly, if I had printed that and then it was proven I was wrong, I'd probably write a 1000 word apology then hang my head in shame and probably wouldn't write columns for a while.

• Like 2

I'm a journalist by trade. Personally, I never would have written that unless I was damn sure I was correct. Like 100% correct.Secondly, if I had printed that and then it was proven I was wrong, I'd probably write a 1000 word apology then hang my head in shame and probably wouldn't write columns for a while.

We dont get a lot of that from our journo's ( aplogies) - I am still giggling at Mark Robinsons tweet during last years trade period - "Dawes to the dogs - a done deal.". He was 100% right except for the part he got 100% wrong.

• Like 1

As dees suporters we need to get over CW and sundry.

Lets concentrate on improving the MFC to the point where these people don't count.

IMO we seem to be wallowing in self pity.

Oh poor us the media are picking on us, over the last ten years we have given them lots of ammunition.

Can we just get on with it no matter what the outcome is of the inquisition

• Like 1

Lets concentrate on improving the MFC to the point where these people don't count.

Oh poor us the media are picking on us, over the last ten years we have given them lots of ammunition.

If we don't face any charges, then I think this blatant attack on the club needs to be addressed and be confronted. Otherwise she and other journalists will continue to say whatever they want with no concern of consequences.
  • Like 1

I will only speak for myself - criticising journalists and lamenting the state of journalism isn't 'wallowing in self pity.'

I know I have not shut up on this issue for a few months and I have given some very strong views - but it is not out of self pity.

I'm happy for Dee's fans to hold a grudge against Wilson. those articles were over the top.

I'm also more than happy for Dee's fans to hold a grudge against $cully. heis a dog

• Like 4

Garry's too entrenched in 'the system' to take Caro on in any serious fashion.

Will there be a like-for-like replacement for Grant Thomas does anyone know? They need another non-establishment type who's comfortable asking the uncomfortable stuff. Otherwise FC will become an unwatchable borefest.

Matthew Lloyd who will struggle although be superior to Carey and Archer.

it aint self pity. It is keeping the bastards honest.

Since twitter arrived journalism has got a lot worse.

And if they are wrong...tomorrow is another story

• Like 2

it aint self pity. It is keeping the bastards honest.

Since twitter arrived journalism has got a lot worse.

And if they are wrong...tomorrow is another story

Sure looks like it to me wyl.

I guess I am just tired of the whole thing.

And it has always been that way.

Don't think it started with twitter

Sure looks like it to me wyl.

I guess I am just tired of the whole thing.

And it has always been that way.

Don't think it started with twitter

Twitter has definitely had a negative effect on journalists though - now days they don’t need to leave the comfort of their desk to get a ‘story’.

Joe blogs posts a picture on twitter which shows an AFL player p1ssed = story. Player posts a photo of themselves on twitter doing something stupid = story.

A ‘journalist’ for a trashy tabloid or news website can do all of their research work browsing social media and worse still the public lap it up. its a joke.

Twitter has definitely had a negative effect on journalists though - now days they dont need to leave the comfort of their desk to get a story.

Joe blogs posts a picture on twitter which shows an AFL player p1ssed = story. Player posts a photo of themselves on twitter doing something stupid = story.

A journalist for a trashy tabloid or news website can do all of their research work browsing social media and worse still the public lap it up. its a joke.

Exactly & if they get it wrong it just stays wrong.
  • Like 1

Ive been a Demons supporter since the day i was born way back in 1982. No matter how much [censored] people say about us it will not deter me from cheering on the Mighty Demons. As for Caroline Wilson she can go and get [censored]. Carn the Demons 2013 and beyond....oh by the way im thinking we will record 8-9 wins this year.

Edited by Whispering_Jack
Sorry but you can't say that here.

I agree with what you say American Demon but even if she was correct I can't imagine a journalist writing in a democratic society composing this story in such a spiteful and mendacious way. Apart from the slurs on the club and supporters, she is after all, suggesting that two individuals committed serious offences of match fixing and should be summarily dismissed from their current occupations. All that before they even had an opportunity to defend themselves against any charges.

Of course, if she's not correct, we can expect the writs to be flying.

• Like 2

What the f@@k sort of journalist are you AD? Your comment suggests you have morals and some sort of ethical sense for your profession. You're in the wrong game.

• Like 2

Ive been a Demons supporter since the day i was born way back in 1982. No matter how much [censored] people say about us it will not deter me from cheering on the Mighty Demons. As for Caroline Wilson she can go and get [censored]. Carn the Demons 2013 and beyond....oh by the way im thinking we will record 8-9 wins this year.

Don't hold back, son!
  • Like 1

hmm.

I dont think too many here have forgotten how she carried on.

Will be interesting to see what she writes if we have no case to answer.

Im hoping she will do the noble thing, and discover self immolation, like that monk did.

Do we get an invitation? Maybe a Saturday night at the G?

Trouble is though she has no pride or honour, so she will just squirm into a corner for a while.

Don't hold back, son!

Volunteering? You wouldn't find too many takers here I imagine.

I like the attitude, OD. Let's use those kinds of articles to wrap fish and chips, and then forget about them forever. "Publish and be damned!" as Wellington put it ...

and then this:

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/would-you-want-your-son-playing-afl-footy-20130206-2dywt.html

She just can't help sticking into us wherever she can. Her article on the Bummers taking drugs swiftly changes to "oh and don't forget the Dees tanked". Quite offensive that she equates playing a promising forward in the back pocket for a half season to injecting banned substances (oh the poor parents of that player out of their usual position- my heart bleeds etc etc.) Great work Caro only you could make that link.