• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

"Tanking"

Whispering_Jack

Interesting sideline for those complaining about CS meddling in footy matters. In todays press on the Bombers, the media and the AFL, have stated that the CEO should have intimate knowledge of the whole footy area of the club and know pretty much exactly what is going on. Seems maybe CS was only trying to do his job. I note we knocked back "the Pharmacist" for a job last year after he left the Bombers. Seems our admin got that right too.

C'mon CS haters, you too Caro, lets bash CS again.

This is where governance is not understood. Clearly a CEO needs to know what's going on but he shouldn't meddle in footy department decisions like recruiting selections, team selections, player evaluation or training schedules. He should of course know if players have been asked to sign medical waivers and find out why.

• Like 3

CW's latest view on the progress of the AFL investigation into the dees:

'Or maybe your son played for Melbourne in 2009. At first you thought it a little strange when, despite showing good form in the midfield or up forward, he was moved to the back pocket.

Perhaps he told you what the club was trying to do. That the club could not afford to win any more games because they needed to secure Tom Scully and Jack Trengove in the draft. Or perhaps you simply saw it with your own eyes and then heard the coach, who was later sacked, virtually confirm it.

In the coming days you will learn that your son's club - or former club - has been charged with attempting to manipulate the draft and perhaps even perverting match results. The coach, the footy boss and maybe even the chief executive could also be charged.'

Read more: Would you want your son playing AFL footy?

Guest Deemand

'Or maybe your son played for Melbourne in 2009. At first you thought it a little strange when, despite showing good form in the midfield or up forward, he was moved to the back pocket.

Perhaps he told you what the club was trying to do. That the club could not afford to win any more games because they needed to secure Tom Scully and Jack Trengove in the draft. Or perhaps you simply saw it with your own eyes and then heard the coach, who was later sacked, virtually confirm it.

In the coming days you will learn that your son's club - or former club - has been charged with attempting to manipulate the draft and perhaps even perverting match results. The coach, the footy boss and maybe even the chief executive could also be charged.'

i notice that she has clearly moved away from MFC from being charged, now its just the individuals. At the end of the day, are we as supporters/members happy for the club not to be charged but CC or CS being showed the door?

i notice that she has clearly moved away from MFC from being charged, now its just the individuals. At the end of the day, are we as supporters/members happy for the club not to be charged but CC or CS being showed the door?

No she hasn't

• Like 1

I have it on good authority that there will be an announcement tomorrow by the AFL that more clubs are caught up in this.

This may get bigger and bigger. I'm actually enjoying Essendon's current plight, but if more clubs are implicated it may help them.

Healy on 3aw said Gil Mclaughlin will be announcing something big tomorrow and joining the show at 6:15pm

Could be the verdict.

I predict our first and second rd draft picks for 13 and 14 will be taken away from us.

Going to be a long year in court me thinks.

Good.

I have it on good authority that there will be an announcement tomorrow by the AFL that more clubs are caught up in this.

This may get bigger and bigger. I'm actually enjoying Essendon's current plight, but if more clubs are implicated it may help them.

B-H can you just clarify here. I presume you mean the drugs investigation?

The problem with this statement is that:

1. Anderson contacted Bailey shortly after he made this statement at the press conference, and Anderson was satisfied with the response. No case to answer at that time. She never mentions this in all her articles.

2. Bailey is now denying that he went out to lose matches.

I wonder who the young player was who got moved to the back pocket. Bennell perhaps? I remember Brock Mclean starting in the forward pocket in a lot of matches. Probably one of the main reasons he left.

The problem with this statement is that:

1. Anderson contacted Bailey shortly after he made this statement at the press conference, and Anderson was satisfied with the response. No case to answer at that time. She never mentions this in all her articles.

2. Bailey is now denying that he went out to lose matches.

I wonder who the young player was who got moved to the back pocket. Bennell perhaps? . i remember Brock Mclean starting in the forward pocket in a lot of matches. Probably one of the main reasons he left.

I doubt if she has any specific player in mind.

Just had a look at bomberblitz and they just love Caro prejudging things in the way we are accustomed to. I haven't seen any shouted-down minority defending her there yet.

Why would it, if they are guilty and the other clubs are guilty do you think they might receive a fleet discount?

• Like 4

Its an article on the ethics of the clubs in the AFL. Melbourne, Essendon, Adelaide and Collingwood all rightly cop a serve. It was hardly the latest view on the AFL investigation. She held the same position pre Christmas.

Its an article on the ethics of the clubs in the AFL. Melbourne, Essendon, Adelaide and Collingwood all rightly cop a serve. It was hardly the latest view on the AFL investigation. She held the same position pre Christmas.

yeah, she's such a little possum isn't she rhino?

She writes so poorly.

She is implicitly claiming two things; through her using 'son's club, or former club' she is confusing the reader by giving this rhetorical flourish a biography - almost saying there is a father in this position, and secondly, there is no equivocation with whether we will be charged. But she has provided no evidence or even a wish-washy "some say" or "I've heard" in anything written recently.

She is doing what we are all doing - she is wishing it to be so. She was nowhere with Adelaide and Essendon (frankly AFL.com have been punishing the Hun and Age with Twomey and Browne getting everything) and she needs to be right here.

And we will hear about it if she is wrong.

• Like 1

The way things are going with tanking and supplements there isn't gonna be a team come draft time with a first or second round pick. They may have to create another team so the kids have somewhere to go :P

Actually a third round pick will in reality be a first round pick.

Read more:Would you want your son playing AFL footy?

How would the experience of any of those kids (real or fictitious) be any different to any other AFL player. Footy, like life is full of ups & downs. The article is a bit of fluff really, but I can understand how some of the parents of Essendon players would be nervous. Until their issue is solved they are personally in the gun.

How would the experience of any of those kids (real or fictitious) be any different to any other AFL player. Footy, like life is full of ups & downs. The article is a bit of fluff really, but I can understand how some of the parents of Essendon players would be nervous. Until their issue is solved they are personally in the gun.

Exactly, the players don't pick their positions, the coach does and because some fictitious players fictitious father doesn't want his son to be moved from the midfield, it's tanking. Get a grip this is the sort of story I would have told my kids when they were five.

• Like 1

Agree 'Rhino', the paragraph on us is pretty much word for word what she has written before.

The only thing I have a problem with is the charges supposedly being laid, I hope this is just an educated or as many would say here an uneducated guess because according to the AFL the only people who would know are McLaughlin and Clothier so that would narrow the leak down to 2.