AFL investigation

deegirl

Yet we may look back and consider it the greatest drafting year in our history - Hogan, Viney, Toumpas, Barry, Kent, Terlich.

We need it to be.

And without the need to tank !

The genie is out of the bottle so Dumbetriou et al will have to do something. I'm hoping for a slap with a wet lettuce leaf- for being slipshod or incautious and then the AFL will re write and tighten up the rule for this thing called tankiing.

To even get a slap with a wet lettuce you surely need to have done something wrong - still waiting for the evidence to be produced, not just alluded to by that miserable bitter Wilson.

I'm starting to care less about the outcome and more about how we fight.

I'm expecting some form of punishment one way or another, but this feels like a defining moment for us and if we don't put everything into fighting it then we truly have no soul as a club.

Punishment for what, pray tell?

The club has expected this fight from day one Stuie.

Mclardy's first statement said as much.

After 5 months the AFL are not going to back down.

I am most interested in the interview tapes that were stopped & started. That is open to a big fight.

Edited answers are not acceptable imo.

Tactics from the Stazi and KGB days. I agree, NOT ACCEPTABLE.

I know we've expected it and McLardy has said we'll fight, but I have heard that before.... Don't get me wrong, I really like Don and think he's a smart guy, I just desperately want us to fight hard for once.
for some strange reason these words come to mind .....

Do you hear the people sing?

Singing a song of angry men?

It is the music of a people

Who will not be slaves again!

When the beating of your heart

Echoes the beating of the drums

There is a life about to start

When tomorrow comes!

Fight !!!!

We have been Les Miserables forfar too long - man the barricades and fight the bastards.

I love the increasing use of the phase "up to" as in "up to a dozen people".

Can I add that up to 35,000 MFC supporters always take the most pessimistic view. Of course, I may mean the one or two who boldly state things like "the entire 2009 coaching team has rolled over". The other 34,998 supporters may prefer to wait for real evidence.

Yeah - a great "journalistic" hyperbole. After all, up to 20 million Australians are sadistic serial killers, like maybe 5 or 10 ?

The unfortunate thing about this "investigation" is how much it sings of McCarthyism - a disgraceful episode in US history, and one that I had hoped I wouldn't observe in any area in Australia in 2012/3.

Everything in this current "investigation" seems to be based on wholly unreliable innuendo. In my observation to date, the investigators and the commentators conducting this "show trial" are unsophisticated in the extreme and seem determined to achieve an outcome irrespective of whether the underlying evidence actually supports such a conclusion/outcome.

It's interesting to note the description of McCarthyism on Wikipedia to see the similarities to the way in which this "investigation" seems to have been conducted:

"McCarthyism is the practice of making accusations of disloyalty, subversion, or treason without proper regard for evidence. It also means "the practice of making unfair allegations or using unfair investigative techniques, especially in order to restrict dissent or political criticism."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McCarthyism

I wouldn't mind going to court on this. I suspect it wouldn't be particularly pleasant for the likes of the "investigators" or Ms Wilson if we did take that step.

I know that Vlad will never admit it, but his ex offsider has hashed this up so badly. Like a secret CIA / FBI Commie bashing exercise of the 1950s.

• Like 2

This raises the issue of loyalty versus honesty. I'm presuming that if people did "roll over" then the MFC did make list management decisions to significantly reduce the chances of winning in order to gain a priority pick.

Firstly I'd not criticise anyone who chose honesty in this situation if it was a genuine choice and not a decision based on vindictiveness. Secondly the investigation is not a public investigation but one by an organization about the integrity of it's employees and members. I don't think we have any rights to know who said what and IMO it would be quite wrong for that information to be available.

Why so? If any accusation is made, the club and by extension, its supporters have the right to know what was said and who said it, that's just the basic principle of any law, outside some third World Country that is. If someone accused you of committing a crime don't you think you have the right to know just who it was and what he said you did?

The club are owed the right to face and question their accusers. Would you personally have any worry if the accusers are named?

You have to make a choice, you either align your allegiance to your friend Bailey or to the MFC, you can't have it both ways; make a choice.

• Like 4

Yes Robbie, well spotted. Just the sort of thing some stealthy turncoat would utter.

Yes Robbie, well spotted. Just the sort of thing some stealthy turncoat would utter.

He's becoming quite tiresome.

It's my belief that he has a motive for wanting some of the executives at the club to be forced to resign or be discredited by the AFL and it's my belief that it's all about the treatment of his friend Bailey by Schwab and Connolly. If the club suffer as a result then so be it.

Irrespective of whether they went about it the wrong way or not, the events of 186 showed that they were on the money and that Bailey would have taken us nowhere. There are some that are prepared to put their own friendships before those of the club and then there are the supporters of the club.

What I find so offensive with some posts, is that some back CW and her informants/people before they back the club. Its a simple as that really. Some may have had a close liking or affilliation to previous administrations and they may have a bad taste in his mouth for the way they were treated, but whatever axe these ppl have to grind is not important. Time to get back to why you support the club. Its about a passion and love for the game and club. I see this as akin to a family member. You love them first, flaws and all. The rest is not as important!!!

Yes, I have read many bias posts supporting the club. They hang on to information in support of the club because they love the club, worts and all.

Some posters also has a history of attacking the club. This issue, this current administration and Mark Neeld are other topics that I have read Fan talk about and he has spoken about these areas in a negative light. Even when backing Neelds change of the list recently, Fan said he will come back at Neeld if the changes fail.

I say, back the club because you love it. If the club is guilty, so are others and it would be completely unfair for the MFC to be hung out to dry. CW may be good at her job (compared to others), but she is attcking something I love and therefore I will not back her. simple

Having said this, I think the club has not broken any AFL policy/rules. I would be more than happy for the club to ask the AFL for compensation for the club being taken through the ringers. Mud Sticks!

• Like 1

What date is it expected kero wilson and pelican denham return to pass sentence?

Would dearly love this to go legal.Would like all names and agendas public and for the Club to grow a pair.Have emailed my strong convictions on this matter.

• Like 1

" I don't think we have any rights to know who said what and IMO it would be quite wrong for that information to be available."

Why would Fan say this? Let us not forget he is also a moderator of this site.

Is it because he has himself been interviewed in this sordid affair?

I do not know the answer, but it is a very strange statement to make...He is either taking the p!ss or beginning to get very worried about his own little world.

As a member of this club for many years i want to know who said what to whoever...i want it all out in the open

so this club can grow upright as it should..Jimma started the process but it is far from finished...

The people who wish to bring this club down will be smoked out....

• Like 3

I reckon we're stuffed.We clearly tanked in 2009, you and I know it. You and I were demanding winning less than 5 games.Lets cop our punishment and move onto Port Adelaide in rd1.

what rule(s) was broken regardless of what we all knew?

I reckon we're stuffed. We clearly tanked in 2009, you and I know it. You and I were demanding winning less than 5 games. Lets cop our punishment and move onto Port Adelaide in rd1.

Chiillax-I've got these hoes licking my legal ball bag .

• Like 1

I don't Know, I just want this crap over. Lets cop a light punishment, and move onto rd 1 v port.

I don't want to spend the next 6 months in court. I want the club to focus on beating Port, Essendon, West Coast and GWS on our beloved mcg.

Edited by Bring-Back-Powell

I don't Know, I just want this crap over. Lets cop a light punishment, and move onto rd 1 v port.

I don't want to spend the next 6 months in court. I want the club to focus on beating Port, Essendon, West Coast and GWS on our beloved mcg.

To just give in like that would take away the soul we have fought so hard to instill in recent times. We're a club, not just a team, it's all related.

• Like 1

" I don't think we have any rights to know who said what and IMO it would be quite wrong for that information to be available."

Why would Fan say this? Let us not forget he is also a moderator of this site.

Is it because he has himself been interviewed in this sordid affair?

I do not know the answer, but it is a very strange statement to make...He is either taking the p!ss or beginning to get very worried about his own little world.

As a member of this club for many years i want to know who said what to whoever...i want it all out in the open

so this club can grow upright as it should..Jimma started the process but it is far from finished...

The people who wish to bring this club down will be smoked out....

I'm surprised I am writing this because just about everything WYL has posted over the past few months I have agreed with - and everything Fan has said has made me angry - very angry.

But as effectively all of those who have - apparently - "dobbed us in" are now outside the club, I see little point stressing over who said what to whom during the investigation. So on Tuesday 99th July Fred told the investigators that "the selectors were more interested in developing next year's list than in winning last weeks game " . Does that make Fred a white ant? Do we need to know that he said that on the Tuesday? What if on the Wednesday, he told the investigators not to take his comment out of context? What if the Coordinator of Shredding at the AFL told Caro that Fred's testimony was significant? Should Fred be smoked out? "Tanking" is an ambiguous term.............

We need to put this detail behind us - and move on ( which is fairly close to what Fan said!)

I'm surprised I am writing this because just about everything WYL has posted over the past few months I have agreed with - and everythingFan has said has made me angry - very angry.

But as effectively all of those who have - apparently - "dobbed us in" are now outside the club, I see little point stressing over who said what to whom during the investigation. So on Tuesday 99th July Fred told the investigators that "the selectors were more interested in developing next year's list than in winning last weeks game " . Does that make Fred a white ant? Do we need to know that he said that on the Tuesday? What if on the Wednesday, he told the investigators not to take his comment out of context? What if the Coordinator of Shredding at the AFL told Caro that Fred's testimony was significant? Should Fred be smoked out? "Tanking" is an ambiguous term.............

We need to put this behind us - and move on.

hoop

We need to know who ratted and why. Then we can move on.

The cupboards must be emptied.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. The afl cannot just end its investigation into tanking with Melbourne. It must investigate the other clear examples of exactly what Melbourne dif and go through it all. They need to do this regardless of the result they pin against us. We did nothin different to half a dozen other clubs at various times and they too should be investigated as we have been. And we should sue for defamation and tarnishing our image. The whOle ordeal has been shambolic. They are picking and choosing who they listen to in terms of making allegations. It's a joke.

My thoughts are that the afl should come out and admit that there was incentive improperly placed that encouraged the best thing to do for a football club in that position may not to win games and that the system has since been addressed. And that there is not enough evidence to charge the club with any wrong doing in the situation. That is one way to close the whole ordeal. They then should move on to investigate the other clubs.

It would be very ironic to see Brock mcclean's Carlton actually found guilty and punished of their clear tanking, wouldn't it. That would bring a smile to my face and be a nice way to end it all

• Like 1

Really wish you'd stop trying so hard Biff old mate.

Stuie , when it comes to trying, you are the most.

Work on your schtick with your family and friends before you publish.

Try to make it original.

Get your own jokes.

Then gradually build up your confidence and abilities to the point where you might actually say something mildly amusing.

I know it seems a long way off now but with ten years work , a character transplant and a lot of luck ,it may happen.

I doubt very much the MFC will be obliged to pay out Schwab's contract, or any part of it, if the MFC is forced to terminate his contract due to an adverse finding by the AFL of impropriety by Schwab.

Especially as this strategy was published openly on the internet.

Whiteboard Wednesdays really kept people informed about our youth policy , maybe too much.