• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

AFL investigation

deegirl

Liked this tweet just now from Damian Barrett:

Damian Barrett ‏@barrettdamian

"As 2012 nears its end, Aust Cricket's bowling rotation policy looming as an even greater joke than AFL's probe saga into Dees' match fixing"

Funny where I found the tweet though - the link to tweets from 'Our Writers' on the AFL website - being an employee of AFL Media, Barrett clearly isn't worried about speaking his mind or slagging off his employer...

OK - I have no respect for Barrett- and the term "match fixing" is out of line - but for him to come out and call the investigation ' a joke' is actually quite gratifying. Just hope that is his ongoing theme from here !!

Well i suppose the upside is we will discover who the enemy within is

At the next agm it should be put that these people are not of a fitting character and ought be banned from holding a membership.

interesting that at the next AGM no-one is standing against the incumbents for re-election

and that after one of the worst years on record in some ways

maybe they just prefer sniping and chinese whispers to putting it out there

• Like 5

interesting that at the next AGM no-one is standing against the incumbents for re-election

of course ...its the way of the coward !! ( aka a gutless, p!ssweek wonders )
  • Like 2

He has been pretty hard on us over the years.

I've always read Gerard as being frustrated by our unprofessional ways & therefore our lacking success.

I believe he still loves the Dees, but for him its a love/hate relationship. joy & sorrow.

I don't think we'll find anyone happier when we win a flag, he as much as all of us.

So I don't put too much on his radio demeanor, just like some do with Schwarta... they said Schwartz hates the Dees. Not true.

I am not wanting to be a politician - but I'll give my view on their performance.

I do not want to run a company, but if I'm a shareholder I'll voice my views.

Just because I doubt the board and question their behaviour, but I won't run against them, does not mean I should just accept whatever they dish up.

I'd have thought that there is a big difference between criticising someone's performance and then saying that you can personally do better. Heaven's, no one would say a thing about footy if that were the case.

Let's hope the footy starts soon.

• Like 3

of course ...its the way of the coward !! ( aka a gutless, p!ssweek wonders )

Rats is what they are, put agendas and personal satisfaction above the good of the club.

If any of these dogs are uncovered with solid evidence life time ban from the club is the only solution. I don't care who they are and what financial assistance they have provided they are not welcome and the club is better off with out them

Trying to think through the disgruntled ex-employees who might have an axe to grind and sadly there are quite a few of them but didn't we get rid of our medical staff a couple of years back. ie for the 2010 season??

Form memory they were pretty peeved and some had been serving the club form a good number of years.

There was a whisper that the AFL investigators were focusing on the Richmond game when we had 'injured' players and hence a low number of rotations. And that some of the medical staff had been interviewed about anomalies in that game.

Anyone remember the names and the circumstances??

I believe he still loves the Dees, but for him its a love/hate relationship. joy & sorrow.

I don't think we'll find anyone happier when we win a flag, he as much as all of us.

I wouldn't put Gerard Healy on the same planet as me, when you compare supporting the Dees. I personally don't think he cares less about them. Reckon he is a Swans fan.
  • Like 2

I wouldn't put Gerard Healy on the same planet as me, when you compare supporting the Dees. I personally don't think he cares less about them. Reckon he is a Swans fan.
if Gerry boy had any love for the Dees it's long passed.

I only ever detect veiled contempt.

I too think he's a Swannie through and through these days. That in itself I have no problem with, each to their own but I expect a more balanced perspective from professional commentators. He lacks this.

• Like 3

I am not wanting to be a politician - but I'll give my view on their performance.

I do not want to run a company, but if I'm a shareholder I'll voice my views.

Just because I doubt the board and question their behaviour, but I won't run against them, does not mean I should just accept whatever they dish up.

I'd have thought that there is a big difference between criticising someone's performance and then saying that you can personally do better. Heaven's, no one would say a thing about footy if that were the case.

Let's hope the footy starts soon.

well in that case tim i will listen intently at the agm to see who voices their opinions and asks the hard questions

i think i know the answer in advance

chocolate soldiers all

• Like 1

we differ in opinion then.

# Of course he's a swans fan. He spent a lot of time they're...

Have you only ever had one girlfriend?

He is whatever Greg Williams tells him he is.

• Like 2

Have you only ever had one girlfriend?

No, but of two or more you may prefer one and not care much about the others.

Here we are talking about his two AFL clubs, one he can't speak highly enough of and the other one he denigrates at every opportunity.

Here we are talking about his two AFL clubs, one he can't speak highly enough of and the other one he denigrates at every opportunity.

He's just filthy that he left us, not for the money but "to play in finals", when if he'd stayed with us he'd have played in winning finals teams - including the one that smashed his lot to give Healy a zip-4 finals record.

No, but of two or more you may prefer one and not care much about the others.

I knew Gerard decades back, & IMO he's not a vindictive person, or wasn't.

Schwartz was said to be a hawk supporter & disliked us. I find this wrong, especially now. He may have been indifferent for a period of time to us, but maybe that was more about Daniher than the club, & maybe the admin of the time?

Re Gerard, he fell out with Barassi, as Barass was trying to drive him to higher things as he was just coasting. Barass really rode him & he rebelled.

He went to the Swans where he responded better to Hafey's carrot approach, & possibly less expectations from the sydney public.

He may still have some "hurt" from his Demon days, but that doesn't mean underneath he doesn't love the club. Maybe he just can't let it show atmo.

And maybe he feels shunned by some Demon supporters?

We once drove across the state in my Van.

Edited by dee-luded
  • Like 1

I knew Gerard decades back, & IMO he's not a vindictive person, or wasn't.

Schwartz was said to be a hawk supporter & disliked us. I find this wrong, especially now. He may have been indifferent for a period of time to us, but maybe that was more about Daniher than the club, & maybe the admin of the time?

Re Gerard, he fell out with Barassi, as Barass was trying to drive him to higher things as he was just coasting. Barass really rode him & he rebelled.

He went to the Swans where he responded better to Hafey's carrot approach, & possibly less expectations from the sydney public.

He may still have some "hurt" from his Demon days, but that doesn't mean underneath he doesn't love the club. Maybe he just can't let it show atmo.

And maybe he feels shunned by some Demon supporters?

We once drove across the state in my Van.

So it was your fault that Barassi rode him.

Too much time searching for the ultimate wave with you .

Shame .Dee-luded. Shame.

• Like 2

Trying to think through the disgruntled ex-employees who might have an axe to grind and sadly there are quite a few of them but didn't we get rid of our medical staff a couple of years back. ie for the 2010 season??

Form memory they were pretty peeved and some had been serving the club form a good number of years.

There was a whisper that the AFL investigators were focusing on the Richmond game when we had 'injured' players and hence a low number of rotations. And that some of the medical staff had been interviewed about anomalies in that game.

Anyone remember the names and the circumstances??

The longest serving doc was Andrew Daff. I understand that he is now with Richmond on match days.

He was with us a little over 20 years, is a life member and I would not assume he would dud us.

His partner, who left at the same time, may be a different matter. Off the top I can't recall his name but what I heard (ok this is hearsay) is that there was a clash between the docs and David Misson right after Misson came on board. The fitness guru over-ruled the medical staff who wanted to exempt some player from training and Misson insisted the player train.

Result: both docs walked. Daff had probably earned a break and as I was told, his duties with the Tiges are less onerous than they were with us.

I do remember a news report suggested one of the docs had dropped us in it with the investigators. Suspect it might have been the other guy.

Gerard see you next tuesday.

I think there may have been some bad feeling between Gerard Healy and the MCC.

A few years ago at one of those pre-season MCC luncheon's Healy (who was a panelist on the day) mentioned that his application for MCC membership had been rejected by the MCC committee after he left the Dee's and it was only now (around the time of the lunch) that he had gained MCC membership!

I also remember him, during his time commentating at a Melbourne match being very unhappy with some of the abuse being thrown at his brother ( playing for Melbourne) by Dee supporters.

I doubt G Healy has much time for us at all!

• Like 2

I also remember him, during his time commentating at a Melbourne match being very unhappy with some of the abuse being thrown at his brother ( playing for Melbourne) by Dee supporters.
And so he should be - that rubbish used to get up my nose, and I'm not even related to Greg....

I also tend to the view expressed in an earlier post that Gerard is not a vindictive type - don't know him, but just from what comes across from him on radio and TV.

I think there may have been some bad feeling between Gerard Healy and the MCC. A few years ago at one of those pre-season MCC luncheon's Healy (who was a panelist on the day) mentioned that his application for MCC membership had been rejected by the MCC committee after he left the Dee's and it was only now (around the time of the lunch) that he had gained MCC membership! I also remember him, during his time commentating at a Melbourne match being very unhappy with some of the abuse being thrown at his brother ( playing for Melbourne) by Dee supporters. I doubt G Healy has much time for us at all!

That doesn't mean he doesn't love the club & the jumper.

Not liking parts of it, does not mean he hates the club.

And Greg was a great little player who led from the front. And a top bloke.