Training - Monday 12th November, 2012 @ Casey Fields

Whispering_Jack

His great half back man and courageous at holding the line and backing into packs to take marks.

He's a small defender half flank if anything. 6cm and 10 kgs off rivers.

Gillies, Davis, Dunn, watts and even sellar are more suited for the role.

Rivers played on the resting ruck an half the time, good luck getting tynan to play that role, no doubt he will be a handy player, but surely not a kpd

He's a small defender half flank if anything. 6cm and 10 kgs off rivers.

Gillies, Davis, Dunn, watts and even sellar are more suited for the role.

Rivers played on the resting ruck an half the time, good luck getting tynan to play that role, no doubt he will be a handy player, but surely not a kpd

It ll be the day when I see Watts go back against the flow and take a pack mark.

Go back and watch Tynan's junior highlight reels, like Rivers he plays above his height.

Thanks for that MB. Really suprised at blease and his inconsistent efforts at training. Last week excellent and today poor. I hate this, is it that time of month or something, the coaching staff shouldn't settle for that crap. Sounds like nicho, t Mac and Howe are in for good pre seasons. Davey doesn't sound up to it? What's wrong with him ?? Thanks again .

It ll be the day when I see Watts go back against the flow and take a pack mark.

Go back and watch Tynan's junior highlight reels, like Rivers he plays above his height.

This season watts when playing in the backline took several marks backing into the pack! Tynan never played kpd as a junior, no doubt he took marks overhead, but he definitely did not play on talls.

It would be an mismatch putting him on a third tall/resting ruckman

Sure if he grows 5 cm and puts on 10 kilos then maybe

Thanks for that MB. Really suprised at blease and his inconsistent efforts at training. Last week excellent and today poor. I hate this, is it that time of month or something, the coaching staff shouldn't settle for that crap. Sounds like nicho, t Mac and Howe are in for good pre seasons. Davey doesn't sound up to it? What's wrong with him ?? Thanks again .

There's reading too much into a training report if I've ever seen it.

• Like 4

Last week the sprints were either 150m or 200m depending on your judgment and this week the OP said they were 300m, which is obviously a significantly greater distance and more testing for Blease. Blease is a mile ahead of where he was when compared to last year, but clearly you don't become a good endurance runner in the space of 12 months - especially when you consider how far back he was.

Also, you could read 5 different training reports and get a different feel, or message from all of them. No disrespect to the OP, as we all like reading them, but to a large degree take them all with a grain of salt.

Don't think thats a conclusion you can make, certainly not from the information in the report. Ben-Hur and others have reported that Blease is miles ahead of where he was last year. Aerobic fitness is not his strong suit but he is putting in the hard yards and he is improving.

Reckon Aaron davey could pull the pin before the draft?

Blease obviously blew his tank on the first run, definitely needs to work on his interval training!

Tom Gillies is a decent player, pretty hard to get a run behind Scarlett, taylor and lonergan, always consistent in the 2's, and wants a go somewhere else! Depending on roles they have planned for garland/sellar could be decent as a lockdown tall, freeing up garland to play rivers old role

Slow twitch fibres/fast twitch fibres.

The sprinters cant trot and the trotters cant sprint .

Thats all .

• Like 1

The training session wasn't all negative and during the drills Blease was fine when running and using the ball. It was really windy and that did take the edge offf how the training session looked.

I am waiting for the moment when 35+ blokes are on the track together, it is not so windy, and I can get a real good look at Dawes, Tynan, Barry etc... Take a chill pill everyone it is the pre-Christmas sessions where everyone's program is heavily individualised and the way we want training to look is not in the same ball park as the measures the coaching staff are probably using.

If it is Tom Gillies from Geelong - he was struggling to keep up with Jetta, Sellar, Viney etc... in the lap running. He blew up bad afterwards but did Ok in the drills.

• Like 2

Davey doesn't sound up to it? What's wrong with him ??

If I remember correctly this time last year Aaron was out injured, came back and was running laps on his own or with a coach and looking terribly unfit. Then when he joined the main group he was well out of his depth and fell well behind. I haven't been to training yet, but from what I have heard this year Aaron has done his own mini-preseason post-op to get himself right to do as close to 100% of this pre-season as possible. Add to that the fact that our group is far fitter than last year (running behind last year meant you were behind a group the coaches marked as generally unfit and unprepared) which means even though Aaron is behind he may well be making significant improvement on last year. Also bear in mind that Aaron would know that this is his make or break pre-season and will most definately be giving his all. Also while Neeld wouldn't be banking on it the fact is an in form, fit Davey is exactly what our team needs rotating through HBF, Wing and Forward and if he can get himself into the team he could do something special this year. I'm certainly not writing him off, just in being in the main group at this stage he has made improvement on last year.

Edited by deejammin'
  • Like 2

It seemed a decent, general training session and although a few struggled at times there were no alarm bells ringing. But Aaron Davey was struggling big time and has a small but definite limp when he runs. It is a long way from March 2013 but he is the furthest away of all those I saw today.

It seemed a decent, general training session and although a few struggled at times there were no alarm bells ringing. But Aaron Davey was struggling big time and has a small but definite limp when he runs. It is a long way from March 2013 but he is the furthest away of all those I saw today.

Thanks mate, its dissappointing if he can't get back to it, he would be so useful to our team if he could reignite some better form.

How did Jamar look in the ruck drills? How was Viney in general, did his kicking stand out as below par generally or was it just certain distances?

Thanks mate, its dissappointing if he can't get back to it, he would be so useful to our team if he could reignite some better form.

How did Jamar look in the ruck drills? How was Viney in general, did his kicking stand out as below par generally or was it just certain distances?

The wind today was out of control .Jarman and Flower would struggle to hit a target .Gale force. Edited by Biffen

Early this week I watched Viney closely and his 15m-35m kicking was superb. I saw him miss one target. In the main they're bullet like, low and accurate.

His kicking in the juniors has always been acknowledged as very good. It should be the least of your worries.

Early this week I watched Viney closely and his 15m-35m kicking was superb. I saw him miss one target. In the main they're bullet like, low and accurate.

His kicking in the juniors has always been acknowledged as very good. It should be the least of your worries.

Cheers BH, not worried, just trying to temper my excitement so I don't let my expectations get too out of control.

Slow twitch fibres/fast twitch fibres.

The sprinters cant trot and the trotters cant sprint .

Thats all .

He is a mid fielder/half forward, sprinting/track work/running needs to be far better come the start of next season. Finals football level.

Go take a look at the Watts in review video on the MFC site, I seem to recall several occasions where Watts did exactly as what it is you seem to be seeking.