Training - Monday 12th November, 2012 @ Casey Fields

Whispering_Jack

Go take a look at the Watts in review video on the MFC site, I seem to recall several occasions where Watts did exactly as what it is you seem to be seeking.

So do I-but Morton is gone now so some people need to go back to questioning Jack Watts.
  • Like 1

It ll be the day when I see Watts go back against the flow and take a pack mark.

Watts lead the league for intercept marks before he got injured... so he was doing that pretty regularly. Maybe you should pay more attention?

Also, fairly sure Tynan is heavier than the listed weight of 76kgs! His shoulders and arms are on the larger side at the club, and I'd wager he's closer to 86 than 76. Nothing to worry about with him, he is a solid unit and just needs to get fitter. When he played early games last year his work rate and intent were fantastic, he just blew up quickly. Get him fitter and he slots right into the team IMO.

3 years at the club and still at the back of the pack... What's going on Sammy. Needs to show it because its the only thing stopping him from being top class.

I'm not sure if it was very well publicised but he broke his leg early on in his first season, and has only had one full preseason behind him, of course he isn't going to be at the front of the pack with the other players who have had multiple preseasons! The good thing is he is catching up and actually going to do another full preseason with the group!

So do I-but Morton is gone now so some people need to go back to questioning Jack Watts.

Clearly it's the people who don't watch any Melbourne matches during the year and just read the papers

Watts lead the league for intercept marks before he got injured... so he was doing that pretty regularly. Maybe you should pay more attention?

Also, fairly sure Tynan is heavier than the listed weight of 76kgs! His shoulders and arms are on the larger side at the club, and I'd wager he's closer to 86 than 76. Nothing to worry about with him, he is a solid unit and just needs to get fitter. When he played early games last year his work rate and intent were fantastic, he just blew up quickly. Get him fitter and he slots right into the team IMO.

Intercepts are a totally different thing to having the courage to back up for a mark against the flight of the ball

Intercepts are a totally different thing to having the courage to back up for a mark against the flight of the ball

They call them intercepts because the player is cutting off a ball kicked to the advantage of the other team .

He has taken many going back with the flight into traffic .

How many roads must a man walk down?

Mitch Clark walked past me on the other side of the road as I headed to Richmond station this morning.

9 page essay on my emotions and physical reactions to follow...

Keep it PG.

Would replace jared rivers you would think??

It would be ironical if Gillies did end up on our list as a quasi-replacement for RIvers, given Riv was handed the number 25 guernsey at the Cattery today, formerly occupied by Gillies.

So going by this training reports 3rd hand opinions, Davey should retire, effective immediately, and Blease should be delisted for being at the back of the pack. Anything else of note I missed?

After reading lots of your posts I wonder, did you watch any of the footy last year?

Maldonboy38. Please tell me there were some positives?

Viney - can't hit a target

Nicho - not running well

Pedo - looks over weight

Blease - not running well

Please give us something to inspire hope?

Is Ben Jacobs still going to Port Adelaide.

You're awesome

Has Cale morton muscled up a little bit?

Probably - he has been with Wet Coke for a few weeks now, and "something" there seems to work.
  • Like 1

Someone who actually went able to tell me how following messrs trained?

Tapscott

Strauss

Hogan yet?

and Jetta.

Cheers

Tappy - it is significant that he was training with Jones. This is his first full preseasonand appears today to be linking in with Jones, Rodan, Byrnes etc... Looks very sharp.

Strauss - I watched him a fair bit today. Looks fit, ran consistently, was tough in the close-in drills. His kicking remains a feature. He gives it good thump like Jones when he kicks it. Looks sharp for this early in the season, like Tappy.

Hogan. No show today.

Jetta. Ran a lot of laps with Viney, Sellar, Byrnes and Gillies. I didn't notice him too much either for positive or negative reasons.

I am not sure who Cheers is

• Like 2

"Can I pour you a draft, Mr. Peterson?"

"A little early, isn't it Woody?"

"For a beer?"

"No, for stupid questions."

* no training was seen

Cliff."Mechnical Bulls have got to be the most useless things ever to sit in a bar"

Norm.:Now,now Cliff come on.."

Cliff "Sorry Normy ,present company excluded of course"

When is Dawes due to actually join his new team. I know he has been overseas but surely he has to be back soon.

Wednesday

It's been answered on their twitter account too

Sigh, yet again the training thread gets derailed, thanks Maldonboy for your insights and keeping this thread on topic.

No stress, will be a fresh thread next training session.

These threads really are to discuss players and how they are coming along in the off season, which a friendly dis agreement regarding Tynan, Watts and Rivers erupted which I think is quite suitable for this thread.

That said, tell me this doesn't remind you of Rivers. Look at the Mark at 1.13.

It ll be the day when Watts takes one of those let alone numerous amounts in a game.

Thinking about this kid more I think that he could even play a nifty medium forward role well. Good grab and decent defensive skills to help hold the ball in.

[media=]

Edited by olisik