THE WILSON FILE - the arrogance at the heart of the innuendo

Whispering_Jack

But the prime responsibility for our current position rests with US, the Board, the admin and the FD. Faceless men and Caro have ammunition because of their failures. Those seeking to lay responsibility at people other than the prime participants are seriously missing the point.

We need a Club that starve Caro et al of oxygen, at the moment we are giving them a blast.

On this we can agree upon but only in part. If we were a club that was run properly, then many of our current woes would not be haunting us as they are at the present time.

That doesn't give the so-called "faceless men" the licence to run to the authorities to turn us in because they can't accept they were dismissed from their present positions. I'll have a little more to say about those faceless men but do you really think this was as simple as Aaron Davey speaking with Mifsud on his own bat and that was that? Davey denied it. Mifsud apologised and offered to resign. If you speak of bad corporate governance, this has to have been one of the most obvious failures we've ever seen in the AFL.

Incidentally, I can't recall Davey playing a good game since this story broke.

• Like 1

You're very adept at researching and quoting posts when they suit your purpose ...

I accept that you don't think there is a "conspiracy" but that there is "a few mischief makers who hold grudges against certain individuals to spread some malicious gossip or misinformation to the right people or, in the case of media interviews, simply point them in the right direction as far as asking questions to the interviewee is concerned" - that doesn't materially change the problem I have with your posting.

I never posted "hiding behind "confidentaility"" that is a lie all of your own making.

I said it was fine to have confidential information - just don't continually post about it until you are able to back up your innuendo - that is my entire point

Who's being disingenous now. The only reason I continue to post about the fact is to remind you, Tim D and Rhino acting in tandem, about it because you're continually making false claims suggesting that I haven't offered information. Given that you know that I'm not going to name names for confidential reasons but have told most of the story, why make a point of bringing it up even as side issues to other discussions?

I can only think of one thing - you're being smartarses.

• Like 1

My recollection is that Davey spoke with Misfud who told Thomas who put it in his blog.

Given your close interest in club affairs, find that rather astounding to the point of being disingenuous.

Anyone who has followed either this or the tanking saga (where his name also came up) knows almost certainly who is behind the story, and it wasn't Davey - or at least, it wasn't Davey alone.

• Like 1

Who's being disingenous now. The only reason I continue to post about the fact is to remind you, Tim D and Rhino acting in tandem, about it because you're continually making false claims suggesting that I haven't offered information. Given that you know that I'm not going to name names for confidential reasons but have told most of the story, why make a point of bringing it up even as side issues to other discussions?

I am only responsible for my own posting and unlike you I have only ever posted under Fifty-5 (nee old55) - TimD and Rhino Richards are not me and I am not responsible for what they post.

You're very adept at researching and quoting posts when they suit your purpose ...

I accept that you don't think there is a "conspiracy" but that there is "a few mischief makers who hold grudges against certain individuals to spread some malicious gossip or misinformation to the right people or, in the case of media interviews, simply point them in the right direction as far as asking questions to the interviewee is concerned" - that doesn't materially change the problem I have with your posting.

I never posted "hiding behind "confidentaility"" that is a lie all of your own making.

I said it was fine to have confidential information - just don't continually post about it until you are able to back up your innuendo - that is my entire point

There's another thread on Land titled -

YOU'RE KIDDING ME RIGHT??????

To claim someone has a conspiracy theory and be debunked in a single thread and then to be debunked again in another thread and have the gall to post that deserves another -

Are you really suggesting that there were no disgruntled ex employees who talked the tanking investigators and gave them the Caroline WIlson version of the "vault' which was later discredited, nobody leaked the lie about Cameron Schwab leaving a game "ashen faced" and nobody gave the media details of what was alleged to have said before the game v Sydney at Manuka in 2009 -

My reading of the Mifsud and Tanking threads leads me to question the actions of one Ian Flack - former Player Welfare officer at Melbourne.

He was mentioned in Caro's article about Mifsud and spilled his guts to the Tanking investigators.

• Like 2

My reading of the Mifsud and Tanking threads leads me to question the actions of one Ian Flack - former Player Welfare officer at Melbourne.

He was mentioned in Caro's article about Mifsud and spilled his guts to the Tanking investigators.

He was mentioned in more than just Caro's article ...

On this we can agree upon but only in part. If we were a club that was run properly, then many of our current woes would not be haunting us as they are at the present time.

That doesn't give the so-called "faceless men" the licence to run to the authorities to turn us in because they can't accept they were dismissed from their present positions. I'll have a little more to say about those faceless men but do you really think this was as simple as Aaron Davey speaking with Mifsud on his own bat and that was that? Davey denied it. Mifsud apologised and offered to resign. If you speak of bad corporate governance, this has to have been one of the most obvious failures we've ever seen in the AFL.

Incidentally, I can't recall Davey playing a good game since this story broke.

Firstly I don't believe the "faceless men" accusation because you've been unable to substantiate any of the accusation you've made for months. I doubt you'll have more to say that's meaningful because I can't imagine anyone who has confided in you happy to have their name plastered across the internet.

Secondly I don't give a flying whatever about the Davey Misfud affair. In the scheme of things it's totally meaningless. I fail to see how a past employee could have leaked the information anyway as he wouldn't have been at the club or involved in the meeting. The initial leak would usually come from either Misfud,Davey or someone involved with MFC or the AFL. How would a past employee come by the information?

Thirdly the damage done to our club is being done by the current admin and Board and FD. They are in charge. Caro's copped a lot of crap from people here and I understand she'll be unpopular but sadly she's been pretty spot on with what she's said.

Firstly I don't believe the "faceless men" accusation because you've been unable to substantiate any of the accusation you've made for months. I doubt you'll have more to say that's meaningful because I can't imagine anyone who has confided in you happy to have their name plastered across the internet.

Secondly I don't give a flying whatever about the Davey Misfud affair. In the scheme of things it's totally meaningless. I fail to see how a past employee could have leaked the information anyway as he wouldn't have been at the club or involved in the meeting. The initial leak would usually come from either Misfud,Davey or someone involved with MFC or the AFL. How would a past employee come by the information?

Thirdly the damage done to our club is being done by the current admin and Board and FD. They are in charge. Caro's copped a lot of crap from people here and I understand she'll be unpopular but sadly she's been pretty spot on with what she's said.

Firstly - that's because it suits your position.

Secondly - that's because it suits your position.

Thirdly - that's because it suits your position.

If you don't believe the above things don't matter, that's fine. Why join in on the debate? We're a club that's suffered for nearly fifty years from poor administration and in many cases, some very bitter disputes within boards and across factions. If there were no faceless men attempting to destabilise the club from time to time, then as you say, it doesn't matter. If such people do exist and their actions harm the club then we have a problem.

History says that we've had a problem for half a century and therefore it matters to me if such people exist.

Finally, I'm so staggered that people are trying to close down discussion on the Mifsud story if it supposedly doesn't matter, then I'm even more convinced that it does matter so I'm offering a reward to whoever finds the thread where discussion took place recently on Wilson's articles.

Lifetime membership of Demonland to the first person who finds it.

There's another thread on Land titled -

To claim someone has a conspiracy theory and be debunked in a single thread and then to be debunked again in another thread and have the gall to post that deserves another -

Are you really suggesting that there were no disgruntled ex employees who talked the tanking investigators and gave them the Caroline WIlson version of the "vault' which was later discredited, nobody leaked the lie about Cameron Schwab leaving a game "ashen faced" and nobody gave the media details of what was alleged to have said before the game v Sydney at Manuka in 2009 -

I agree that disgruntled ex-employees talked to the tanking investigators. I even referred to those who have been named in the media ...

http://demonland.com/forums/index.php?/topic/33594-new-ceo/?p=737608

No I can't work it out - I've variously read that Barry Prendergast, Ian Flack, Dean Bailey and even Josh Mahoney have been reported to have discussed the Vault meeting with the AFL - is it one of them? How about you fill me in?

But Jack claims on the basis inside information which he can't divulge, that this is either not the people involved or not all the people involved ...

http://demonland.com/forums/index.php?/topic/33594-new-ceo/?p=737614

Getting close but why not ask Bagdad to answer the questions I posed in post #46 and you might even get closer?

That's fine if it's confidential, but put or shut up ...

Now is this thread he's mischieviously raised the Mifsud/Davey/Neeld matter. Far from shutting the conversation down I requested he provide us all with the benefit of his knowledge. But again he has refused to explain.

Really it's reminiscent of Dr.Who's Scully to Richmond rumours. Long on mystery, short on substance.

Edited by Fifty-5
  • Like 1

I'm having a go at you because you've misled me and misled the site. I'll not go thrrough my problems with your behavioiurs in detail. I'll just give you two.

In this thread you've implied there have been episodes of faceless men through time. Well, if you know, TELL US. Everyone here wants to know why the club continues to list. But you won't - it suits your position.

You've let the implication waft around that member/s of the site are/may be/once were/aspire to faceless men and/or the leak to Caro. You are unable to back it up. And as a finale, you have the gall to become wide-eyed about 'reputations' and 'smears' and 'feelings' - the "worst smear" begin brought against you (well, one of several aliases)!

It's a bit late for that routine, Jack.

• Like 1

It's like debating with chimpanzees around here. They can't even read my lips so they come out in rotation like the flowerpot men, repeating the same gibberish.

Why are you afraid of seeking out the truth?

What's wrong with reading for yourselves the articles that have been written about the Mifsud story?

Some people read a book and can enjoy it but all they read is the story.

Others look for something deeper. You discover a plot, characters and meaning. That can be achieved by going to the sources. Read what Wilson had to say. Read what people said about her, about Mifsud and about what was alleged about our coach. That's all I'm asking people to do. Open your minds and think, rather than shout shrill accusations.

Look for the truth.

so is it confirmed that Ian Flask is the one leaking all the lies and causing trouble?

I found this one in 60 seconds. Do I qualify for WJ's reward?

Caro: The AFL 'definitely' believes it was Aaron Davey

Caroline Wilson alleged that someone in the chain of events has not been telling the truth.

"Aaron Davey, definitely, according to the AFL, was the one who reported this information to Jason Mifsud,” Caroline Wilson told Sports Today.

"Aaron Davey, definitely, has told his club it was not him.”

It appears a third party has emerged in the saga, with the Melbourne Football Club ‘half suggesting’ that a disgruntled, former employee could be involved in the circumstances surrounding the alleged leak.

”I’m not suggesting this former employee is the source of the information, but I do know that when Jason Mifsud conducted these interviews…after the arrest of Liam Jurrah last month… that someone he did speak to was Melbourne’s former welfare officer Ian Flack,” Caroline Wilson said.

Is anyone on twitter here and follows Wayne Ludbey? (herald sun photographer & Sam Stynes brother), he seemed to have an interesting take on who the leaker was on twitter several weeks back.

link

OK. I think most would have had enough of the personal attacks and abuse on this and some of the other threads around here. I'm referring to both sides of the argument.

Please keep to the topic and please don't tempt fate by starting your brawling up again.

Discuss Wilson and her articles but leave character assassination out of this.

Thank you.

That alone opens up a Pandora's Box.

Why on earth would Mifsud be talking to Flack about the situation when he's no longer working for the club?

Maybe because Ian Flack had a long history of experience working with Liam and Mifsud wanted to draw on that experience. Why should Mifsud be restricted to talking only to MFC employees in relation to Jurrah's welfare?

Is Ian Flack all you've got in "a few mischief makers who hold grudges"? Throw in Barry Prendergast and Dean Bailey and there's your 3 disgruntled former employees - you didn't break any confidences - they've all been named in the mainstream media anyway. Case closed.

Edited by Fifty-5

Maybe I'm thick or just really poor at reading between the lines, but with all this to and froing between a few men I have immense respect for, I still haven't managed to pinpoint exactly who is accusing who of what.

Is anyone on twitter here and follows Wayne Ludbey? (herald sun photographer & Sam Stynes brother), he seemed to have an interesting take on who the leaker was on twitter several weeks back.

Was that the one with someone being referred to as 'the sieve'?