Latest murmurings of a crazy time

Tolstoys Nudge

So you are disagreeing with something i never said? Ok then, lol.

Nowhere in my post did i even compare Pederson to McDonald. But on that topic, i would put Pederson in at CHB or FB before McDonald next year, as Tom isn't physically ready yet. Pederson at 100kg is more than ready to fill the spot for a few years, until Sheahan comes in.

McDonald gets somewhat overrated on these boards. Sure he had an ok season and finished very high in the B&F (but looking at our team that's nothing to brag about), but he is desperately lacking in both his decision-making and foot skills. I'm not talking elite, but he is below AFL standard by a fair margin at present.

Should he fix those areas, i feel his best position would be one like Dustin Fletcher or Scarlett in his twilight years. Not taking the big KPF's, but hurting the opposition with his athletic ability and rebounding.

I disagreed with you on the basis that you completely overlooked McDonald in the first place. He is 20 years old, finished 3rd in our BNF and 6th in the rising star. He isn't overrated at all. You are the Judas Iscariot of Demon Disciples if you actually believe that.

Edited by Davey's gravy

I've always liked Martin, but from a list management perspective, he's the sort of player we should consider trading. He's got a little bit of value, but doesn't seem to have a big role in Neeld's plans.

I don't mind the idea of Banfield as another small forward option, but now that we have Byrnes, it seems unlikely.

Martin + pick 58 for Banfield + pick 43? I guess it depends what North are willing to take for Pederson.

I read the report of Lions circling Martin and thought that for the reasons indicated he would be a good selection for the Dees at pick 4

Has the engine to run with Viney all day and supply him the ball

Seriously

I hope that Neeld and co know what they are doing.

I have been impressed with everything post season so far.

Waiting to see how the action taken reflects on training and performance on the field.

I still reckon we need a diverse squad of players with different styles to have flexible structures variable against opponents skills and structures.

We can do it

GO DEES

I read the report of Lions circling Martin and thought that for the reasons indicated he would be a good selection for the Dees at pick 4

Has the engine to run with Viney all day and supply him the ball

What are you talking about?

• Like 1

Grimes and gys running together - very good sign. Can't see Gys getting traded if he's running with the captain. Not enuf value to trade - too much up side that needs a full preseason. Good move, good leadership Jack.

Keep please. (I did say please...)

This was my post yesterday on the Gysberts thread " I would put it on him to work his arse off to improve his size and fitness and help him gain a yard in speed. We have the people to do it so it is up to him. I would also pair him with another player with the right attitude like Grimes or Trengove or Jones for the whole pre season. "

Looks like the Footy Department read Demonland.

• Like 2

This was my post yesterday on the Gysberts thread " I would put it on him to work his arse off to improve his size and fitness and help him gain a yard in speed. We have the people to do it so it is up to him. I would also pair him with another player with the right attitude like Grimes or Trengove or Jones for the whole pre season. "

Looks like the Footy Department read Demonland.

Happy with Gysberts to work with Grimes.

It leaves Jones to grab Blease.... we get an engine to go with the rest of the Blease package and I will get pretty excited!

What are you talking about?

Sorry should have put (!)

but thought "seriously" after would have alerted you to irony

I am still uncertain about Martin and not sure I would release him so easily

He has shown that ha can play a particular style of ruck (all day) in the past

The article talks about his capacity and the reasons for the Lions interest. He may suit their game plan.

If he doesnt suit Neelds needs then get what you can for him But I reckon he could still be valuable for us..

Does that help explain???

Sorry should have put (!)

but thought "seriously" after would have alerted you to irony

I am still uncertain about Martin and not sure I would release him so easily

He has shown that ha can play a particular style of ruck (all day) in the past

The article talks about his capacity and the reasons for the Lions interest. He may suit their game plan.

If he doesnt suit Neelds needs then get what you can for him But I reckon he could still be valuable for us..

Does that help explain???

Not really. Your post metioned Pick 4 and gave the impression Martin was an outside midfielder.

• Like 1

Saw that mentioned on here somewhere; does anyone have any idea what that was all about?

Does it matter for a young bloke with a pick around 50 something?

He looks like he can play, & is it worth the relatively low expenditure to try him out?

If it doesn't work, its only a 50 something pick.

For me worth the risk.

Does it matter for a young bloke with a pick around 50 something?

He looks like he can play, & is it worth the relatively low expenditure to try him out?

If it doesn't work, its only a 50 something pick.

For me worth the risk.

It only matters in that it may give another reason as to why he might not have been getting games with the Roos apart from the too many talls thing. He looks good, hard to see why he couldn't get a game.

I thought Stef Martin was studying law? Isn't it the popular thing to say that you won't move interstate because of studies?

Stef Martin palming down to Brent Moloney..... Brisvegas are in for another poor year.

They are doing a darn site better that the Dees Moonshadow.

Two beltings last year and a way higher finish than the MFC

[media=]

He's different to anything we have at Melbourne from what I can see, he seems to have a fair bit of confidence to attack the ball and his decision making looks spot on, so I guess if they club can get him for next to nothing then why not.

Pick 27(?) might be a bit too high if we get that for Riv, particularly if North want him out, but I'n sure the club will work that out.

• Like 2

It only matters in that it may give another reason as to why he might not have been getting games with the Roos apart from the too many talls thing. He looks good, hard to see why he couldn't get a game.

Yep, I think we've all read or heard, that he hasn't been in the circle there. But he's young, & there maybe be reasons, & there may be reasons that he can learn from.

As I said, we do need competition for spots, & we need that competition to create hurdles in front of our kids so they learn to jump, & jump higher, so they can earn a game.

The harder we make it for the kids to earn games, & the higher the benchmark, the stronger our skill levels will become.

He's different to anything we have at Melbourne from what I can see, he seems to have a fair bit of confidence to attack the ball and his decision making looks spot on, so I guess if they club can get him for next to nothing then why not.

Pick 27(?) might be a bit too high if we get that for Riv, particularly if North want him out, but I'n sure the club will work that out.

Yep, I agree with you RF, & its this versatile angle that IMO makes him a needed piece of our puzzle. His hard contested mobile-tall forward style IMO offsets Clarke's style & say a TMac.

Edited by dee-luded

I really like his kicking action, it's pure.

• Like 1