biggestred

AND to [censored] all over Carlscum and have dunny run from the back half of the ground Matty Lloyd style and clean up McLean!

Don't want to deny you your pleasures, but I think it would say much more about our progress if we were to clean up Mitch Robinson and inflict a few bruises, rather than worry about McLean.

• Like 1

If the list doesn't dramatically change then expect more of the same

Agree. I expect more mediocrity in 2013. Haven't seen anywhere near enough change in the players to match it with any team in the top 10 ladder places.

We have a few stars, but our overall average across the whole playing and coaching group is 'mediocre'.

Basically I'm interested in your opinions of how the dees will go next year. As a side argument, what would be acceptable?

Personally I want to see us up to 8 or so wins, and to see signs of further improvement.

Another year like this one doesn't bear thinking about.

Put the tip of your thumb together with the tip of your first finger and place the circle formed over your nose and that is the answer.

that sounds like the first 6 or so matches.

Some players saw the light & bought in, after the supporter base bought into change to right the ship. supporting MNeeld & the choice of change.

We will change this Non Culture.

Once changed, we will learn how to be Winners.

am also prepared to back our coach. no other option. saying this i have supported melbourne for longer than neeld and seen similar types come and go fast.

" non culture" sounds very interesting concept and need you to expand on that one DL? i reserve the right to vent out occasionally. i do see TPM"s point but he's probably a long, long, long suffering demon supporter that wants to see the vitriol(hardest team to play agains etc ) turn into something tangible not some pseudo concept of success.

I want to see improvement in most players, improvement in fitness, improvement in game-plan and a good run with injuries to our better players. I want to see the making of a really good midfield. I want to see it starting to take shape and the ND should go a long way to doing this.

Neeld and Co really need to start making tangible improvements after a second preseason. In the main, the players that haven't "bought in" will be gone. I feel confident that we'll see significant improvements across the board in 2013 despite low public expectations.

I agree, with some luck with injury I am confident that by mid next year MFC will be a hard club to play.

I expect that some young players who stagnated or went backwards under Bailey will start to find thier feet. I feel that there is still a large amount of improvement left in our current list and that 2012 was much like a first year for many of our 2nd, 3rd and 4th year players.

I actually expect the improvement to be dramatic.

• Like 1

I do admire the optimism but I am not confident of much improvement.

The standards currently being set by the top 3-4 teams is far beyond the current reach of this playing group as it stands. The team itself needs some experienced, hard bodies, and the current coaching regime is working at a rate dictated by the top clubs. This year's poor performance is imo indicative of the team's physical inability to do what's required to be a top team.

I am not saying the team can't get to the top, but it's still well out of reach of the current team's capabilities. They will improve, no doubt imo, but anything more than 5-6 wins, 2-3 really good wins, imo would be a big surprise. Improvement would be beating at least 3 teams outside of gold coast and gws. IMO any less is far, far too poor and not good enough.

There is something missing from this team, and if it doesn't get it soon, it will take the long road back up the ladder, if that ever happens. We are atm losing more than we're gaining, and that's a big risk to take. It can work out really well but it can also be disastrous. If you're going to move on players like Moloney, Rivers, etc., you might as well at least have some assurance that you'll have someone to replace them. It's not like you're losing nothing players that aren't well known to fans. These are Melbourne sons that should understandably be moved on, but have something coming back in.

Edited by Cudi_420

I do admire the optimism but I am not confident of much improvement.

The standards currently being set by the top 3-4 teams is far beyond the current reach of this playing group as it stands. The team itself needs some experienced, hard bodies, and the current coaching regime is working at a rate dictated by the top clubs. This year's poor performance is imo indicative of the team's physical inability to do what's required to be a top team.

I am not saying the team can't get to the top, but it's still well out of reach of the current team's capabilities. They will improve, no doubt imo, but anything more than 5-6 wins, 2-3 really good wins, imo would be a big surprise. Improvement would be beating at least 3 teams outside of gold coast and gws. IMO any less is far, far too poor and not good enough.

There is something missing from this team, and if it doesn't get it soon, it will take the long road back up the ladder, if that ever happens. We are atm losing more than we're gaining, and that's a big risk to take. It can work out really well but it can also be disastrous. If you're going to move on players like Moloney, Rivers, etc., you might as well at least have some assurance that you'll have someone to replace them. It's not like you're losing nothing players that aren't well known to fans. These are Melbourne sons that should understandably be moved on, but have something coming back in.

Agreed. I love the optimism, but seriously, we couldn't even beat sides like Port Adelaide and the Westerfn Bulldogs. I expect us to win 5-7 games, depending on how many times we play these 2 teams and the expansion clubs. I am hoping for at least 1 win against a side other than these 4.

In all seriousness the only teams we can realistically expect to beat are ones that are in the lower echelons of the ladder like Port, Bulldogs, Brisbane and the Franchises it would be a big ask to beat all of them and an even bigger ask to beat any of the other teams. So reality is 5 to 7 wins with the best being 8 if all goes well and depending on the draw.

We are still in the learning phase and if we can get say 7 wins it will be a reasonable result but may not satisfy all. In the other games we will have to show a bit of fight and blow outs will not be acceptable; we have to get closer to clubs like North, Carlton and Richmond.

Mrs Robbie reckons we will finish 9th next year and I don't argue with her, ever.

Mrs Robbie has a reasonable track record doesn't she?

Let's hope she's right, that would be some improvement!

Hopefully it's on the back of landing a reasonably big fish.

The sydney teams GF win proves to me that G&D, and belief in ya team mates, can take you all the way. In saying that, we are the proverbial behind that team, BUT, it's a trait that is easily taught, it's weather you have the desire to take it on.

Geez were so far off that standard, ATM were the 3rd worst team in the comp, I have no prediction for next year, I hope we just get more competitive in ALL games.