Kurt Tippett

Disco Demons

Guest neeldstherealdeal

Is Tippett that good? Went missing in two finals and belatedly showed up in the third.

Structurally, sure he's a solid option but he's no matchwinner and not worth the coin being bandied about.

then why did the AFL send a memo to media outlets telling them of Tippetts intentions?

It should have nothing to do with the AFL thus far...but it does.

To keep them informed?

Trade week hasn't started yet, therefore no deal has been done and nothing is signed. It could be that the Swans and Adelaide have already agreed to terms, but nothing can be submitted until Monday.

Incorrect. John Reid who drew his contract and the Crows say that is untrue. There is no deal in place and he is like any other player. His management have not denied this.

Well there you go. Should have known better. First time I have ever used a newspaper for my info and bang!! egg all over my face.

Apologies to all for the misinfo.

Having said that I still believe they will get their man.

The persuasive powers of Sydney still amaze me.

then why did the AFL send a memo to media outlets telling them of Tippetts intentions?

It should have nothing to do with the AFL thus far...but it does.

you should know by now that the AFL and the "AFL Media Centre" are quite different animals with different agendas

If.....and I know this is a big if...... Tippett attempts to get to the Swans through the PSD like Ball then someone must pick him up before them. The fact Ball was able to rort the system like he did has set a dangerous precendent where players seem to think they can nominate where they want to go, hold their own and other interested clubs to ransom by threatening not to play etc and get what they want. Someone needed to take Ball even if he sat out 2 years, that draft rorting could have won the pies a flag and has made trading very difficult for the players original club.

He won't get through, even if GC and GWS don't bite the Doggies will. Carlton and Mick would be laughing if he got to their pick. A deal must be done.

The Swans do have a habit of getting deals done. Maybe a good young ex victorian has said to them he would be happy to be traded back home. They trade him and get a good pick. They trade a few others like Jesse White and get a couple of more picks. They then offer to swap their earlier picks for Crows later picks ( Swans first for Crows second etc ) all the way through the draft and give the top pick they get for the youngster. That sort of deal will get it done.

but they should not be running seperate agendas. They should work in tandem.

The AFL Media Centre's objective is simply to be numero uno of Australian Rules media

The AFL give them fairly free rein (at the moment) to virtually pursue any story they like

You will have noticed they even print stories critical of the AFL

When they do take over the world then the AFL may do some micro managing to their advantage politically

I thought you were in the media and understood what is going on with the AFL media Centre

• Like 1

I reckon this may work for us.....GC will now have to consider Grundy at pick 2 instead of Viney.....Yes???

• Like 1

The AFL Media Centre's objective is simply to be numero uno of Australian Rules media

The AFL give them fairly free rein (at the moment) to virtually pursue any story they like

You will have noticed they even print stories critical of the AFL

When they do take over the world then the AFL may do some micro managing to their advantage politically

I thought you were in the media and understood what is going on with the AFL media Centre

i know the AFL Media centre, & i know how many people they employ. That is my exact concern with them.

I just worry that in a few years a young recruit will nominate where they wish to go& use restraint of trade legal action.

The draft system is being challenged seriously here.

The Swans do have a habit of getting deals done. Maybe a good young ex victorian has said to them he would be happy to be traded back home. They trade him and get a good pick. They trade a few others like Jesse White and get a couple of more picks. They then offer to swap their earlier picks for Crows later picks ( Swans first for Crows second etc ) all the way through the draft and give the top pick they get for the youngster. That sort of deal will get it done.

possible (but complicated) redleg

i'd expect Crows to play hard-ball especially as they were expecting a very good deal from Suns

and so much for Kurt loving playing for the crows and just wanting to go home and missing family

million dollar deals don't grow on trees and the lure must be great

i'd expect a few swans premiership players who had put in the hard yards might have their noses out of joint with all the (possible) bonuses evaporating

Swans delegate stands up from table and walks off without answering.

Pick 4, 13 & Cale Morton for Lewis Jetta, Luke Parker & Pick 23. Have they come back into the room yet?

Pick 4, 13 & Cale Morton for Lewis Jetta, Luke Parker & Pick 23. Have they come back into the room yet?

No. They don't want Tippett badly enough to turf out Lewis Jetta, to trade Parker the deal would have to be very sweet and still they'd um and arr, and Morton adds negatively to the trade, not positively.

Jetta kicked more goals this year from the midfield than Tippett did as a key forward!

No. They don't want Tippett badly enough to turf out Lewis Jetta, to trade Parker the deal would have to be very sweet and still they'd um and arr, and Morton adds negatively to the trade, not positively.

Jetta kicked more goals this year from the midfield than Tippett did as a key forward!

Stop it Nasher, give me some room to dream. I'd go to every game if Lewis Jetta and Mitch Clark were the only 2 players we fielded. Maybe Howe as the sub.

If we're Carlton...Gibbs and Pick 11 for Tippett?

Name one other Club who could offer better than that without hurting the structure of the club?

Don't forget they would still need $1m of salary cap room for the next 4-5 years, which they haven't got. Oh that's right, all his family and friends could work for Visy.