jurrahcane

Jesse Hogan (mini draft) for pick 3

Josh Caddy for MFC pick 13 OR

< Josh Caddy and Weller for MFC pick 4 > hmmm not sure

Koby Stevens for Cale Morton (fringe for fringe)

Martin to Pies, Wellingham to Eagles, Jacobs to Dees and pick 17 (from eagles) to Power OR

Martin to Pies for pick 19, Jacobs to Dees, pick 19 to Power.

Petterd to Suns, Jolly to Crows, Jaensch to Dees

Gysberts & pick 45 to Cats for pick 15

Imagine all of this

Mini draft - Ins: Hogan (kpf)

Trade: In - Caddy (mid), Stevens (mid), Jacobs (quarterback), Jaensch (small fwd), pick 15

Trade: OutOuts: pick 3, pick 13, Morton, Martin, Petted, Gysberts, pick 45.

(likely free agent exchanges : in - Pearce (mid) & Byrnes (small fwd) Out – Rivers, Bate & Moloney )

Delist : Bennell, Cook, Jurrah, Bartram Retirement: Brad Green

Upgrade: Daniel Nicholson

Draft picks: 4 (sam mayes - mid), 15 (Jackson macrae -mid) 25 (jack viney –mid ), 65 (tom lee … Claremont kpf)

Guest Rassilon

Jesse Hogan (mini draft) for pick 3

Josh Caddy for MFC pick 13 OR

< Josh Caddy and Weller for MFC pick 4 > hmmm not sure

Koby Stevens for Cale Morton (fringe for fringe)

Martin to Pies, Wellingham to Eagles, Jacobs to Dees and pick 17 (from eagles) to Power OR

Martin to Pies for pick 19, Jacobs to Dees, pick 19 to Power.

Petterd to Suns, Jolly to Crows, Jaensch to Dees

Gysberts & pick 45 to Cats for pick 15

Imagine all of this

Mini draft - Ins: Hogan (kpf)

Trade: In - Caddy (mid), Stevens (mid), Jacobs (quarterback), Jaensch (small fwd), pick 15

Trade: OutOuts: pick 3, pick 13, Morton, Martin, Petted, Gysberts, pick 45.

(likely free agent exchanges : in - Pearce (mid) & Byrnes (small fwd) Out – Rivers, Bate & Moloney )

Delist : Bennell, Cook, Jurrah, Bartram Retirement: Brad Green

Upgrade: Daniel Nicholson

Draft picks: 4 (sam mayes - mid), 15 (Jackson macrae -mid) 25 (jack viney –mid ), 65 (tom lee … Claremont kpf)

Your crystal balls look very interesting - now dont hold me to this - THINGS CHANGE - but just for a bit of fun and if things go well I would not mind the following.

Trades In - Caddy, something from West Coast/Collingwood equal to pick 20 ish & something from Adelaide/Gold Coast equal to say their 3rd rounder

PSD - Jacobs if they play hard ball, in a trade if they are nice to us.

Free agents - Net loss of Moloney Bate (and sadly one other) should net us approximately a Band 2 pick. If we cant get good "free" agents dont bother

Father & Son - Viney in the second round

Draft Picks -

First Pick - 2,3 or 4 Hopefully good enough to snare young Toumpas - sounds like he is ready to go round 1 2013

2nd Pick - 13 ish or use this to see if we can sneak back into the top 10 some-where but I dont like our chances

3rd pick - After second round

4th pick - 3rd rounder again trying to improve this

5th pick - 4th rounder or here may look to recycle

Upgrade Nicho & Evans

So far thats - 11 changes give or take one.

Pick 3 MD Hogan

Pick 4 Kennedy

Pick 13 Stringer

2nd rnd pick1 Viney

2nd rnd FA compo trade to eagles- stevens

Martin for Wellingham + collingwood rnd 2pick (they need stef more than we need sherrod)

Collingwood rnd 2pick+davis for josh caddy

Trades:

Koby Stevens for our 3rd round pick....

Josh Toy for Ricky Petterd + FA compo pick....

Ben Jacobs for Jurrah....

Jamar for collingwood 1st round pick...

Pick 4 + pies first round pick + Gysberts for Jimmy Bartel.... (Ambitious) hahaha....

Free Agents:

Agains.....Chapman, Byrnes.....

Losses.....Rivers, Moloney, Bate......

Draft:

Pick 3.....Toumpas

Pick 13..... Stringer

2nd round.....Viney

3rd round.....Towers

Why do people want Jimmy Bartel

Isnt he turning 30 next year? Someone suggested a 4 year contract for him. You have to be kidding, his already slowing up...

Pick #4 (Higher pick then he was taken for as an 18 yr old) + Pies first pick + Gysberts

All in all 3 first round picks for a 30 year old. You have to be kidding

I've changed my thoughts to what they were a week or so ago after hearing Steven's may be a bit of a [censored] and that we're starting to sound like a bit more of a chance at the likes of Caddy & Jacobs who I initially thought we were no shot at landing.

Assuming we loose: Green (ret), Bartram (inj/ret), Bate (FA), Moloney (FA), Rivers (FA), Bennell (delist), Jurrah (delist), Lawrence (delist) & Cook (delist).

Free Agents:

Shannon Byrnes

Jordan Russell

Trades:

Pick 3 to GWS for Jesse Hogan (MD Pick)

Pick 4 to Gold Coast for Josh Caddy & their 3rd Round Pick

Ricky Petterd & Pick 13 to Port Adelaide for Ben Jacobs & their 3rd Round Pick

Stefan Martin & Port's 3rd Round Pick to Collingwood for their 1st Round Pick

Jordan Gysberts to Essendon for Scott Gumbleton

Draft:

Collingwood's 1st Round Pick: Rory Atkins

2nd Round Pick: Jack Viney (F/S)

Gold Coast's 3rd Round Pick: Nathan Hrovat

3rd Round Pick: Dean Towers

4th Round Pick: Josh Scott

5th Round Pick: Daniel Nicholson (upgrade)

I've changed my thoughts to what they were a week or so ago after hearing Steven's may be a bit of a [censored] and that we're starting to sound like a bit more of a chance at the likes of Caddy & Jacobs who I initially thought we were no shot.

Did I miss something about Caddy? A lot of what I've heard is that Essendon are the front runners as they are his first choice.

Why would you upgrade Dan Nicholson when he shirked it twice in one match and he can only hit a target in the crowd?

He will be lucky to stay on the list for any reason at all.

Isnt he turning 30 next year? Someone suggested a 4 year contract for him. You have to be kidding, his already slowing up...

Pick #4 (Higher pick then he was taken for as an 18 yr old) + Pies first pick + Gysberts

You type slower with a broken hand too.

I've changed my thoughts to what they were a week or so ago after hearing Steven's may be a bit of a [censored] and that we're starting to sound like a bit more of a chance at the likes of Caddy & Jacobs who I initially thought we were no shot at landing.

Assuming we loose: Green (ret), Bartram (inj/ret), Bate (FA), Moloney (FA), Rivers (FA), Bennell (delist), Jurrah (delist), Lawrence (delist) & Cook (delist).

Free Agents:

Shannon Byrnes

Jordan Russell

Trades:

Draft:

Gyz for gumbo? You're taking the [censored]

Did I miss something about Caddy? A lot of what I've heard is that Essendon are the front runners as they are his first choice.

They are his first choice but they'd have to satisfy GC with a trade and with their first round draft pick to go on Daniher F/S and Essendon notoriously bad to tarde with, I can't see them getting Caddy across the line. Puts us in with a good position.

Gyz for gumbo? You're taking the [censored]

Both first round draft picks with injury issues who will struggle to get games in their respective teams for different reasons.

Essendon need more clearance midfielders to help out Watson, we need more tall forwards to help out Clark. Reckon it's a very realistic trade.

We could get right out of the red here in one trade period potentially. We have players with potential on our list that might perform at better structured clubs.

My head's already spinning and it's only mid-September.

How much rumour and speculation are we going to have to put up with between now and the rookie draft in late December?

132 rumours and 187 pieces of speculation. Well that is what I heard and what I think could happen.

• Like 3

Alright then, Shane Valenti isn't 30, but he's in good Nick in the VFL where we may do some shopping.

If you don't think some oldies can add anything to our list & culture, go after all the young ones you can find.

Shop til you drop.

Edited by dee-luded

Trades:

Koby Stevens for our 3rd round pick....

Josh Toy for Ricky Petterd + FA compo pick....

Ben Jacobs for Jurrah....

Jamar for collingwood 1st round pick...

Pick 4 + pies first round pick + Gysberts for Jimmy Bartel.... (Ambitious) hahaha....

Free Agents:

Agains.....Chapman, Byrnes.....

Losses.....Rivers, Moloney, Bate......

Draft:

Pick 3.....Toumpas

Pick 13..... Stringer

2nd round.....Viney

3rd round.....Towers

Geez you offering way too much for a 2 - 3 Yr player.

Free Agents:

Shannon Byrnes

Jordan Russell

Trades:

Draft:

Jack darling had issues too. Maybe we need some wild cards and cowboys.

Jack darling had issues too. Maybe we need some wild cards and cowboys.

Didn't say Stevens had issues, just that he sounds like a bit of a [censored].

To quote Mark Neeld at the coaches information sessions on Wednesday July 11th. "We'll only recruit people of the highest quality to represent the Melbourne FC" or words to that effect. Now I'm only going on second hand information here, but it's sounding like Stevens may not fall into that category.

Bartel is 28..... But probably right, about three first rounders, being way too much.... It's just been along time since we had a player, of Bartel quality...... Would love to have him at the dees....

Bartel is 28..... But probably right, about three first rounders, being way too much.... It's just been along time since we had a player, of Bartel quality...... Would love to have him at the dees....

He turns 30 next year. He wont be of 'Bartel' Quality next year.

Better off throwing 3 first rounders and trying to get Cotchin

Why do people think we can trade Jurrah? The guy has walked. He has no trade potential at all. If PA want him, he's there's for the taking in the Pre-season or Rookie drafts.

Also, why is everyone hell-bent on giving away pick 3 in the mini-draft? Pick 4 has exactly the same value and then we have a pick ahead of GWS instead of behind. Seems obvious to me. The only club with a pick that can beat 4 is GC, so anyone else who wants into the Mini-draft will have to offer their first round pick plus a player, in which case they would beat us whichever pick we offered.

Why do people think we can trade Jurrah? The guy has walked. He has no trade potential at all. If PA want him, he's there's for the taking in the Pre-season or Rookie drafts.

Also, why is everyone hell-bent on giving away pick 3 in the mini-draft? Pick 4 has exactly the same value and then we have a pick ahead of GWS instead of behind. Seems obvious to me. The only club with a pick that can beat 4 is GC, so anyone else who wants into the Mini-draft will have to offer their first round pick plus a player, in which case they would beat us whichever pick we offered.

And why do people keep putting Jack Viney down as a second round pick? It's not going to happen and the sooner we recognise that fact, the better. GC or GWS are NOT going to allow him to come to us for basically nothing.