Herald Sun reports Gysberts to be shown the door...Neeld has gone mad!!!

Tex

Another thought about Neeld.

Theres a new interchange rule coming next year...either 2 and 2subs or 3 and 1 with limited rotations. Either way its going to mean more game time per player and a greater emphasis on running fitness.

Maybe Im looking for a spark in the darkness of 2012, but perhaps he spent this year getting ready for that. They trained HARD between games this year, possibly putting more emphasis on building fitness than winning games and weeding out the players who couldnt cope with it early. This in a year where Neeld had a chance to do that without losing his job.

I went to a meeting with the coaches and members mid season and Leigh brown said he's NEVER seen a group train harder over a prolonged period of time. Big statement from an Collingwood player and I wondered at the time WHY would they be jepordising the match day performance?

Maybe Neeld and Craig have predicted the way the game is going to go and put all their eggs in that basket? Admittedly Im grabbing at straws but worth a thought.

Well, that's better than saying, "Collingwood won a flag in 2010 so let's copy them!"

45... In reality hes not far from the mark.Thats reality 101. Many at mfc struggle in a h/a game. Theyd very fodder in a final series . We have a long long way yet.

The MFC had one "legitimate" win in 2012 so i don't see how you can make that judgement so easily.

Frawley is a good player. But has a long way to go...many ordinary games in 2012.

Pav kicked 6 interstate last night from 47 inside 50's carving up a backline with a potential 2012 AA backman and 2 previous AA backmen one allegedly the best full back of the modern era.

Pav kicked 2 on Frawley last week at home from 60 inside 50's.

Whilst limited rebound in 2012 Frawley was rarely beaten all year under immense fire.

Edited by big_red_fire_engine
  • Like 11

Xavier Ellis has spent much of the last few years ostensibly on the outer. Seen as a pretty soft player, he plays a medium, bit-part role for the Hawks (the best team in the land). He's come in recently and, on Friday night, collected 17 touches and kick a goal.

My point is that you're saying we have only two players who can play a role in September. You go even further to say that one of our best players couldn't play a role in September (despite the fact that he's a much better defender than many others running out during the finals).

Teams win finals, not individuals (though, of course, some individuals help more than others).

We may over rate our players, but you are over-rating every finals player to the point of ridiculousness with your last few posts.

+ 1

2006 Stevie Armstrong Premiership Player was delisted the year before as he couldn't get a game for us

Edited by Pennant St Dee

you think Jamar and Frawley are up to September pressure right now do you?

Frawley would be a walk up start in any of the finals teams WYL, I don't think we over rate him here I think he is often maligned and many don't see how difficult it is to hold up a defence that has absolutely no support from the midfield. Geelong has a great defence but see how they started making mistakes when the pressure was on last night, Collingwood's just fell to pieces, no midfield pressure, gone.

If any of this is remotely on the ball, it could always be Gysberts who is wanting to move on (offer from another club maybe). Its not MFC wanting him to go.

Maybe.

There might be some truth to this. The mere fact that Geelong is apparently into Gysberts (and Rivers) suggests to me that they are keepers.

Whenever clubs like the Cats or the Swans want our players I get nervous that we might be missing something.

• Like 1

I doubt any other teams defense would have done a much better job in our side this season. Our defense has been under siege due to our abhorrent midfield.

Stick a decent midfield in front of Frawley (and the rest of our defenders) and you'll see what they're really capable of.

• Like 1

But how would any of our list, apart from Clark & Jones stand up in that first 10 minutes from friday night?

They wouldn't because they are not ready for it. This is not an attack of players. This is a simple reality check.

September does that.

There's a lot of time, change and development to happen before we become a September team. I'm sure we'll see a number of players stand up along the way. We're a bottom 3 side WYL. If we had more players that looked like obvious September players then we wouldn't be where we are now.

Frawley will have better performances with a better midfield. He's not as bad as you think.

There's a lot of time, change and development to happen before we become a September team. I'm sure we'll see a number of players stand up along the way. We're a bottom 3 side WYL. If we had more players that looked like obvious September players then we wouldn't be where we are now.

Frawley will have better performances with a better midfield. He's not as bad as you think.

I don't think Frawley is a bad player at all.

I also don't think he is a gun either, which many on here do. He has a long way to go... That includes trusting team mates,

Yes we are a bottom 3 side..made very obvious this weekend.

• Like 1

I also don't think he is a gun either, which many on here do. He has a long way to go... That includes trusting team mates,

One benefit of the reality bus this year is that at least we know we have a way to go .Unlike Bombers and Carlton who think they are on the rise.
  • Like 2

One benefit of the reality bus this year is that at least we know we have a way to go .Unlike Bombers and Carlton who think they are on the rise.

Absolutely. Many on here confuse negativity with reality.

If we lose our picks 11-12 when they didn't even play 10 games between them it will be the final chapter of "the old clueless" MFC.

Who could have done much better in reality though. It doesn't matter who you stick in defense, if the midfield is poor and can't keep their hands on the ball then any defense is going to be shown up. Stick him in a top 4 side and he'd be right up there. If he didn't look good enough this year, then a substantial amount of that blame should be apportioned to our midfield.

If we lose our picks 11-12 when they didn't even play 10 games between them it will be the final chapter of "the old clueless" MFC.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2Q7YRDL90E

Als wise words have helped me through the year.

(Language warning kids)

• Like 1

Where you rate the combative spirit of Trengove and Grimes?

These guys, along with Viney, Clark, Jones, Tommy Mac, Howe and Blease will ignite this club.

And that's the reality check.

Who could have done much better in reality though. It doesn't matter who you stick in defense, if the midfield is poor and can't keep their hands on the ball then any defense is going to be shown up. Stick him in a top 4 side and he'd be right up there. If he didn't look good enough this year, then a substantial amount of that blame should be apportioned to our midfield.

You could well be right. But at this stage Frawley has Zero September experience (not his fault) so his accolades are speculation

lets hope the reality bus is better than Priscilla's Queen of the Desert one

We have a few Queens left on our reality bus DC-and a few Prima Donas.

These guys, along with Viney, Clark, Jones, Tommy Mac, Howe and Blease will ignite this club.

Where do i rate our captains?

I don't...yet. What is it you see, that will "ignite" the club?

Or is it more that you hope this happens?

This is not an arguement btw..an interesting discussion.

Agree - footy talk, something we all love.

I see intensity, innate desire for the contest, hard at the pill and at the pack.

Something that 80% of our players lack - but, that's all changing.

I want Neeld to be ferocious with this list.

WYL - If (hell forbid) the dees folded today, how many players would be on the lists of other clubs?

If you offered the top four teams carte blanche to take players from our list, how many would they choose?

Agree - footy talk, something we all love.

I see intensity, innate desire for the contest, hard at the pill and at the pack.

Something that 80% of our players lack - but, that's all changing.

I want Neeld to be ferocious with this list.

I want Neeld to rip this list apart and put it back together his way.

I am not inspired by our captains. But others are so i will wait.

As this is our last chance at greatness i will be marking the cards very hard.

Neeld is a dud coach. This teams has gone miles backwards and the fall out is about to begin. I'm concerned whether this club will survive his tenure.

Those who think Neeld was exposed to a winning culture in Collingwood are delusional. I highly doubt Malthouse with his controlling nature would reveal much to Neeld especially in the presence of Buckley.

Face the facts, Sanderson or Malthouse were the right men for the job. What we got is a talk first, tourette's

Hahaha.

"Everyone shut up, here comes the midfield coach. I dont want him to hear what we are planning for the match. "

• Like 3

WYL - If (hell forbid) the dees folded today, how many players would be on the lists of other clubs?

If you offered the top four teams carte blanche to take players from our list, how many would they choose?

Not sure. Probably most would be picked up. Depth players. We have no stars (Clark and Jonesy) are dam close.

Too true .

we dont have as far to go as it perhaps looks on the scoreboard every weekend. Its just that the distance we need to go will take a shite load of hard work. The whole list doesnt need replacing . theres a very good core of players that just need some cleverly chosen additions . then surround them with hard working professioanl role players and the dees are away. It will take a couple of years for sure but lets not think the whole list has no future. The future is very bright. but patience is a must