Brent Moloney Departing MFC

Dr. Mubutu

Touche Macca and one other thing tea leaves post didn't provide was that Brownlow votes only tell one half of the story, not to say that he was still/ STILL our best player in many other games which we lost which paints a different picture of his performances in context!

In our 13 losses last year our Club received a total of 8 Brownlow votes .

Moloney 3 , Sylvia 3 , Howe 1 and Jones 1 .

So where were ALL the rest of them ? The rest of 34/35 players on our list who couldn't get 1 Brownlow vote between them in these losses ! Did they ALL go missing ?

Actually , Moloney polled better than everyone else (bar Sylvia) in our losses last year . Or maybe we just had 40 'Flat track bullies' ?

Edited by picket fence

Sad to see him go ? I'm sad he's on the list.

Moloney represents all that is wrong at Melbourne. The worst culture in the AFL. Bomber Thompson got it right when he was the first player he wanted to show the door to get pick 12, which would help yield Ottens. He was one of Ablett's best mates and it wasn't long after Moloney left that Scarlett told Ablett to pull his head in.

Moloney is just another ordinary midfielder that played the game on his terms. Winning a B&F at a bottom club isn't any great shakes. FFS, Davey did it. You're a bottom club for a reason, you don't have much talent.

There's one thing that all coaches requires of their players and it's called "buy in". If a coach's players don't buy in to the game plan, or the path the club is heading a coach will never succeed. Moloney was all that was wrong in this past era of Melbourne and quite simply he didn't buy in under Neeld. It was too hard. Now whether you like it, or not, Neeld isn't going anywhere, so the obvious solution is that the senior player rotting away at Casey goes somewhere. He'll be better at a different club under a different coach. He'll have no choice.

This club needs players on the same page and those with an axe to grind out the door. I hope he goes. He should go. He needs to go. And if the compensation is only third round then fine. The last thing I'm concerned about is compensatory picks. Let's start improving the culture.

I think you'll find Geelong really didn't want to let him go. Was out of him and Bartel. Moloney heard Melbourne were keen and wanted to play for the club.

Interestingly that in another thread there was talk about the players lack of intensity in gym sessions. One person that brought this and other things like the boxing camp was Moloney.

If he goes Neeld does have to stop making excuses about games experience etc. Shattered he is gone, a top bloke and despite what some think he always gave his best for the MFC.

• Like 1

Guest bluey

Beamer going.

Green gone.

Two of the club's most experienced and Mark Neeld keeps talking about how inexperienced our team is?

Expect Neeld to reel this one out more and more, just lost 400 games of experience, that's 20 games less per player out of our best 20.

Would make us less experienced than GWS an GC, need to get games in the kids, another Bailey saying, seems we are going around in ever tightning circles.

Now that Ratts and Primus have been hung out to dry, it's not hard to predict who will be receiving the heat after a few losses next season.

Brent was dumped from the VC and leadership group after winning the bluey, Neeld has tried to change his game around from tucking the ball in and breaking tackles, which was his trademark, the rapid decline of Jamar hasn't helped.

Edited by bluey

I cant help but think there is more to the Beamer situation than we know. How does a player go from best and fairest and running boxing camps to being a fringe player who 'needs to adapt'. Then you hear the rumours that Neeld told Maxwell that Beamer just 'doesnt listen' and the infamous 'Get F%^& Moloney off!' in the coach's box.

Could be personality clash or something more. Either way i enjiyed watching Beamer in the red and blue for many seasons and in some ways Id be sad to see him go. But we need to do what ever it takes.

It appears that Beamer and Morton are gone and Gysberts cant get into the side (Tynan was chosen over him).

Sylvia and Dunn seem intent on playing for their careers by lifting and telling us that their future is bright, etc.

It will be an interesting period with trades, delistings and drafting to come. neeld needs a better 2013. And He will get it by any means.

Guest bluey

I think that will be all, Morton, Bate, Green, Gysberts, Martin and Beamer.

6 picks, Beamer probably stands out amongst that lot, as a man that gave his all, except for the retiring Green I suppose.

Guest bluey

Wasn't it also rumoured that Moloney wanted to go to Essendon during last year's trade period?

If so, he might have been discontented from the very beginning of Neeld's time at the club.

Not true, he was/ is our highest paid player, that irks Neeld, wherever he goes he will be lucky to pull half of his 500-600k, especially if it's a half decent club.

DOnt hate on Moloney or anyone else too much - he may turn on us and say 'Tanking'

Repeat after me " There is no tanking*" ....................................* source the esteemed Vlad !!

You obviously don't rate the bloke and you're entitled to your opinion . I do rate the bloke and believe it's in the best interests of the club to get the best out of him .

I never said i don't rate him. I've always been a fan, well at least before this year during which he has been poor. None the less I'd be happy for him to stay and have not once suggested we cut him - and nor has the club. If he did stay however his form would want to improve or his year would be spent in the 2's.

What i don't rate is attitude this year and to how he has decided to go about shopping himself. We needed him to stand up on and off field this year. I don't know about off field but on field he has been poor. The club he supposedly loves deserved more as did his and the clubs fans. Compare his approach to Rivers, Jamar, Green and Sylvia.

Again to be 100% clear, he is the one looking for the exit. If he watns a reprieve then stop looking, commit to the cause and stop tarnishing his reputation.

Edited by binman

It's called collateral damage Lord Travis. Neeld and co are attempting to change the culture and set standards. As Neeld said in his first player address, there will be some players who if they don't play the role he wants them to to the standard he'll set then they wont play.

Best thing said in this thread.

http://www.afl.com.a...20/default.aspx

This passage is the relevant one re: Moloney

Right I thought the "matching" of an offer was similar to the father/son bidding, where if you win the bid you have to keep him. In that case I wouldn't be against us matching the offer to try to trade him.

There was an interesting comment on the MFC facebook page about how 'if anyone of you had been treated the same was as Moloney has by their employer they would be angry too' - I wonder where that comes from?

Safe to say, if he goes to Sydney there will be some VERY nervous Beamer bashers here....

Pfft who will be nervous? whats he gonna do win a brownlow? or the coleman medal? he is 28 and not much improvement. a change of scenery might do him good but FFS wont be doing anything special next year! glad he is gone nothing but a culture damage to this club.

• Like 1

And let's not forget what Brent and his manager did in the second week of May when the club was reeling from an 0-6 start.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-premiership/reigning-melbourne-demons-best-and-fairest-winner-brent-moloney-to-field-offers-from-rival-afl-clubs/story-e6frf3e3-1226350536255

It was very poor form to publicize a desire to jump ship in our hour of need. Matched only by his poor form on the field.

Sorry, I don't feel one ounce of sorry for this overpaid sook.

See ya later.

• Like 3

I have not seen or heard that beamer wants to leave......his manager has put feelers out about how much he is worth on the open market...as a manager should......The crap written in the Hun today stated that Beamer COULD be the first player moving under FA and he will have talks with the football dept on Monday....(What another beat up).....

I hate the way so called football experts on DL call for players of our great club to be hanged,drawn and quatered because they have a bad year.....Correct me if I am wrong,but does anyone on here have AFL experience????.....Do they understand what it takes to play this game????.....Or do they all sit in the comfort of their officers and computers at home and bag the living s*&^ out of young men trying their guts out on the field????.......And you know what?...If we were winning they would still be bagging this player or that for not being up to standand......As you can tell I've had a gut ful of posters taking their frustration out on the players.....

The Herald Sun is crowing about this story on the front page of today's sports section saying "WE TOLD YOU FIRST" and referring to their on line report of 7pm last night.

Given that the story was revealed two days earlier in this Fox Sports story mentioned in the OP Port Adelaide target Melbourne Demons club champion Brent Moloney to add some midfield grunt and also on the 7 News a little after 6pm yesterday, this simply confirms to me that the paper has become an embarrassment in the post Mike Sheahan era.

Strangely enough, Fox Sports and the HUN are in the same stable.

• Like 2

Neeld was reported as stating on Wednesday that "Moloney" was struggling with the changing game, basically the current tactics dont suit his existing style and he hasn't been able to adjust. I'm sure inside the club they have given him direction, but if he failing to follow it then he has no place. For example if it is true we was told to trim down and didn't that would show a disregard to the new direction of the club. He plays for the club, not the other way around.

Its unfortunate if true (about all the above) but nothing is final yet till announced and done. As for a desintation i expect he would be chasing a top 8 club being nearer the end of his career than the beginnig.

If this is true then >

190916781_fc9e5962bb.jpg

I think you'll find Geelong really didn't want to let him go. Was out of him and Bartel. Moloney heard Melbourne were keen and wanted to play for the club.

Interestingly that in another thread there was talk about the players lack of intensity in gym sessions. One person that brought this and other things like the boxing camp was Moloney.

If he goes Neeld does have to stop making excuses about games experience etc. Shattered he is gone, a top bloke and despite what some think he always gave his best for the MFC.

So he's another, who came to Melbourne & lost his way?

We really have to sort out, & get to the bottom of why many of our better players slip into 'Soft' & 'Self' attitudes around this place.