Brent Moloney Departing MFC

Dr. Mubutu

I have read it.

It's plain f$&@ing selfish Stuie. It's got nothing to do with doing your best. Simon Presty 2010 GF is what i mean.

Please understand before one of us dies.

We're going to have to agree to disagree pal.

We both agree he shouldn't have played, we just disagree on who's responsibility it is to judge a players fitness to play.

Let's leave it at that and shake hey mate?

I didn't even bother to address that bit as I think it's just plain silly to suggest someone wanting to play when not 100% is selfish. It's quite the opposite in spirit.

What if Beamer had infected the rest of the team? If you're sick and there are others to replace you, then working is likely to damage the health of your team, as well as reduce its effectiveness. Have you ever tried to do physical exercise when you're sick. You suck at it, plain and simple.

Even the 40th player on our list would have outperformed Moloney that day, so he was extremely selfish to not drop out.

What if Beamer had infected the rest of the team? If you're sick and there are others to replace you, then working is likely to damage the health of your team, as well as reduce its effectiveness. Have you ever tried to do physical exercise when you're sick. You suck at it, plain and simple.

Even the 40th player on our list would have outperformed Moloney that day, so he was extremely selfish to not drop out.

Thankyou Chook. Exactly the points i have been trying to get across.

Why do we even have a team doctor then?....

Look, WYL and I are trying to put this aside as it's an old issue and we're banging our heads against each other, so let's move on hey buddy.

It's ingrained in footy culture to "soldier on". To play when sick or injured, to get up after being knocked down, we applaud such things on the field. it doesn't always pan out, but it's part of an AFL players build to be this way.

There is a reason why players putting team first and saying they are not right to play in finals are applauded. It is one thing to carry injury or illness it is another thing to be so ill that you cannot touch the ball in a half of footy. One is courageous the other is selfish stupidity.

Edited by big_red_fire_engine

Huh, it doesn't say much for the Dr's & the footy dept.

If he indeed he was that sick, or is it just a convenient rumor spread like it's suggested that the Cooper Cronk comment is unsubstantiated?

If he was that sick that he didn't get a single disposal, then Surely it would have been easily noticeable to all in his vicinity pre game?

Edited by dee-luded
  • Like 1

Moloney's always been a one-dimensional player which is why he can beat up on crap teams but goes missing when the heat's on and other teams are able to put some time into him. He's been good for us for the most part without being really anything special. His bigger body would be good around the clearances but it's once he gets the ball that is the issue. He is too lazy to be able to run hard both ways and spread to create options which is necessary in the modern game and rarely hurts the opposition by going forward to kick goals. Would like to keep him on as a depth player (28-35 on the list) but realistically he won't want to play out his career at Casey and will want to move elsewhere to a club that can give him regular senior games and possibly finals (Sydney?)

So I'm not too upset he's gone he's never really given any indication he is more than an honest toiler and never any indication he is willing to put in the hard yards to evolve his game.

Edited by Dr. Gonzo

If Moloney is one dimensional, then what is Jordy who has from reports been offered 3 years???? I really am starting to wonder about "Neelds" strategies at this piont!

Well maybe Neeld has said to Beamer we want you to stay but on less money and this is the role we have for you, you need to trim down and get to more contests. Maybe Beamer through his manager has said "nup I'm beeta than that, heaps of clubs are gunna want a gun playa like me and I'm gunna see where else I can play".

Maybe we have no idea what has happened internally and we never will. Maybe the club went to Jordie and said we love want you're doing, we love the work you put in here is the reward 3 years on average money cos we want the things you bring to the table to stay around.... Maybe the coach wants players who do what is asked and the coach believes is required and if you don't then you might want to look else where.

• Like 2

If Moloney is one dimensional, then what is Jordy who has from reports been offered 3 years???? I really am starting to wonder about "Neelds" strategies at this piont!

We can afford maybe one one dimensional player - not 22.

• Like 1

I do agree to an extent but Jordie is not on $450-$550K per year and is at least prepared to run hard and do the team things. if Moloney was on $250k per year I'd keep him but not for half a mil.

Sorry if someone has already said this (i just skimmed the last 5 pages of Stuie Vs WYL etc...)

Brock McLean's slump and recent form turn around may be the path Brent needs to walk (or is in fact already walking). If indeed the game has changed to their (Brock and Brent's) disadvantage and they have to adapt, has Brock successfully changed his game, etc..?

Can't stand watching the Blues so I couldn't say for certain...

• Like 1

The club has been pretty good at recognising that Jeff White then Cam Bruce were on their used by dates.

They are probably letting Beamer vent & scramble for the exit door as we 24 months off being a serious contender. And we will be!!

They certainly have not. White, Bruce, Yze and Robbo all played passed their use by dates. As has Davey.

They certainly have not. White, Bruce, Yze and Robbo all played passed their use by dates. As has Davey.

Really? I have heard many on here argue that we stamped the papers of White, Yze, and Robbo too soon and that we pushed Bruce out the door with our 'contemptible' 1 year contract.

Sorry if someone has already said this (i just skimmed the last 5 pages of Stuie Vs WYL etc...)

Brock McLean's slump and recent form turn around may be the path Brent needs to walk (or is in fact already walking). If indeed the game has changed to their (Brock and Brent's) disadvantage and they have to adapt, has Brock successfully changed his game, etc..?

Can't stand watching the Blues so I couldn't say for certain...

Again I have not watched much of the Blus but to see Brock "best on" again on the weekend clearly highlights it can be done. Brock looks very lean and fit compared to his time (not saying he was overweight) at Dees and the 1st season at Blues. Will Beamer be allowed the same chance at Dees if so will he want to stay or will he persue his options elsewhere?