What if...?

Curry & Beer

Friggin Adelaide cost me close to $100 against Brisbane, and that was supposed to be a certainty as well up there!!

• Adelaide have a pretty ordinary record at the MCG, (Have not won there since 2008)
  • Travelling for two weeks in a row on the road
  • Green's home farewell game
  • Rumour that Talia won't be playing (ignore this one sorry, apparently pulled up fine from the corked thigh)
  • Tippett's mind is on things other than footy.

Am not stupid enough to believe that we are anything other than rank underdogs, but it's not a certainty that Adelaide will win.

We should not have beaten Essendon either but we did.

Am sick of being at the arse end of the ladder, if we have a chance to finish higher than the dogs then great. I dont' give a stuff about the draft picks, and yeah if they nominate Viney, then so be it. I suspect Viney would be taken by the club with 5.... where pick 3 was more line ball.

Edited by Oucher
  • Like 1

Friggin Adelaide cost me close to $100 against Brisbane, and that was supposed to be a certainty as well up there!!

• Adelaide have a pretty ordinary record at the MCG, (Have not won there since 2008)
  • Travelling for two weeks in a row on the road
  • Green's home farewell game
  • Rumour that Talia won't be playing (possibly their best defender at the moment)
  • Tippett's mind is on things other than footy.

Am not stupid enough to believe that we are anything other than rank underdogs, but it's not a certainty that Adelaide will win.

We should not have beaten Essendon either but we did.

Am sick of being at the arse end of the ladder, if we have a chance to finish higher than the dogs then great. I dont' give a stuff about the draft picks, and yeah if they nominate Viney, then so be it. I suspect Viney would be taken by the club with 5.... where pick 3 was more line ball.

I agree with your points we should be looking to win....

But reality is the Crows have something to play for and for most of the year we have been disfunctional. I will be at the game so I am hoping a good preformance (and I do think we have been getting batter) but I am not going to hold my breath.

My other point is that no matter where we finish on the ladder I don't think it will influence where we get Viney. I believe from what I have heard (non MFC sources) that Melb will be forced to take him with our first active (whatever the non compensation picks are called) pick

Edited by Unleash Hell

GC are interested in Viney - he is highly rated. I have heard GC will nominate Viney and would be happy to pick him up at 2....

Funny what people hear - I heard exactly the opposite.

My other point is that no matter where we finish on the ladder I don't think it will influence where we get Viney. I believe from what I have heard (non MFC sources) that Melb will be forced to take him with our first active (whatever the non compensation picks are called) pick

Right, but my point is... it's easier for the club to accept giving up pick 5 for Viney than Pick 3 if thats closer to where they rate him.

Funny what people hear - I heard exactly the opposite.

I can't say my information is 100% correct, it's only what i've heard from people in the industry (non MFC)....... What actually happens could be completely different - I'd be very happy if GC weren't intereted....

I do know for 100% that we won't let Viney go to another club

"What if" is a Melbourne supporters favourite 2 words.

What if Gerald Healy hadn't gone to Sydney a year before we made nearly made a GF?

What if Sumich hadn't hit the post in the 1990 QF and a rampant Melbourne weren't forced to take a week off?

What if the AFL didn't change the prelim final location rules in 1994?

What if Schwarz, Jakovich, Viney and Prympke had played in 1995?

What if we hadn't rorted the salary cap and got high end picks in 99, 00 and 01?

What if we'd sucked in 2004 instead of 2003 and got Buddy and ? instead of McLean and Sylvia?

What if we were already in AAMI Park when Judd came sniffing?

What if we'd lost to Carlton in round 22 2007 and got Cotchin instead of Morton AND Watts AND Naitanui a year later?

What if....Its enough to have you staring at the ceiling at night.

What if Gerald Healy hadn't gone to Sydney a year before we made nearly made a GF?

What if Sumich hadn't hit the post in the 1990 QF and a rampant Melbourne weren't forced to take a week off?

What if we hadn't rorted the salary cap and got high end picks in 99, 00 and 01?

What if we'd sucked in 2004 instead of 2003 and got Buddy and ? instead of McLean and Sylvia?

What if we'd lost to Carlton in round 22 2007 and got Cotchin instead of Morton AND Watts AND Naitanui a year later?

You mean you don't Chook?

Edited by old dee

Right, but my point is... it's easier for the club to accept giving up pick 5 for Viney than Pick 3 if thats closer to where they rate him.

I am all for us winning the next 2 games there is no argument there.....

But what your saying is that you'd rather win because you'd rather take Viney at 5 rather then 3 as you think that is where he should be rated in the draft??? I think you should leave that worry to the recruitement staff.

Taking Viney at 3 4 or 5 dosen't make a difference IMO

Great post.

But these days I think that the two favourite words for an MFC supporter would be "What now?"

• Like 3

I can't say my information is 100% correct, it's only what i've heard from people in the industry (non MFC)....... What actually happens could be completely different - I'd be very happy if GC weren't intereted....

I do know for 100% that we won't let Viney go to another club

Yeah me either. And I agree with point 2.

I am all for us winning the next 2 games there is no argument there.....

But what your saying is that you'd rather win because you'd rather take Viney at 5 rather then 3 as you think that is where he should be rated in the draft??? I think you should leave that worry to the recruitement staff.

Taking Viney at 3 4 or 5 dosen't make a difference IMO

Correct. The only thing in the Viney situation that does make a difference is if we can get him with a second round pick.

The problem my friend is that Neeld has destroyed the confidence and natural offensive flare of our group. We are a shaddow of the side we were last year. Never have I seen so many talanted young players playing as a shaddow of themselves. We have not recruited badly, most of of list were recruited with a pick that matched the concensus of all recruiters at all clubs. The problem is our coach, I hope that if there is not a massive improvement in the first half of 2013 that he is sacked. Simply a coaches main role is to get the most out of his players, Neeld has one way of another destroyed the confidence and thus ability of at least half the list. Neeld is a massive mistake...... perhaps the biggest since sacking Norm Smith.

I was having my afternoon break and needed a bit of light humour, and then you posted this classic, wow I wonder if Jonesy, Tommy Mac and Howie agree with you, they have absolutely thrived under Neeld, Rivers is loving his footy at the moment and Joel Mac and Dunn have finally got the instructions right and we get to see flashes of the future from Tapscott, Blease, Jetta and Strauss...as well as the rest of the boys bustin a gut to make sure they are part of the great future we have under Neeld, as another poster said I think you need a bit of help

well excuse me for thinking that when you have essentially the same 22 vs 22 at the same ground, 36 games of football later, and we won by 96 on that day, that it is a possibility

I think you might want to check out the "Last time they met" thread... you will find that there are only 8 of that 22 (9 if Jamar passes muster) who are likely to be playing this week.

The problem my friend is that Neeld has destroyed the confidence and natural offensive flare of our group. We are a shaddow of the side we were last year. Never have I seen so many talanted young players playing as a shaddow of themselves. We have not recruited badly, most of of list were recruited with a pick that matched the concensus of all recruiters at all clubs. The problem is our coach, I hope that if there is not a massive improvement in the first half of 2013 that he is sacked. Simply a coaches main role is to get the most out of his players, Neeld has one way of another destroyed the confidence and thus ability of at least half the list. Neeld is a massive mistake...... perhaps the biggest since sacking Norm Smith.

I had no idea David King had joind D'Land.

Welcome aboard Kingy.

• Like 1

Nah realists

Call it what you like. I'm tired of the gloom and doom. I've been waiting since 64 and have never been as excited as I am right now. I think there are good things ahead and I don't want to keep going over how crap we've been this year. I believe it's been for a purpose. That's my belief and I'm as entitled to it as you are to yours. All I'm saying is that there is a thread where we optimists can discuss the possibilities. There are plenty where the realists/pessimists/existentialists, and any other 'ists' can moan and complain. Leave the rest of us alone and stop raining on our barbecue in the sunshine.

Call it what you like. I'm tired of the gloom and doom. I've been waiting since 64 and have never been as excited as I am right now. I think there are good things ahead and I don't want to keep going over how crap we've been this year. I believe it's been for a purpose. That's my belief and I'm as entitled to it as you are to yours. All I'm saying is that there is a thread where we optimists can discuss the possibilities. There are plenty where the realists/pessimists/existentialists, and any other 'ists' can moan and complain. Leave the rest of us alone and stop raining on our barbecue in the sunshine.

I have been waiting just as long Crawf52

believe me when I say I am happy you can be positive

Unfortunately after all these years and particulary the last six I am now firmly in the "believe it when it happens Club"

I am now cheerful but expect little.

I find that is the only way to support the MFC

The alternative is to have your guts chewed out every year.

Now when the occasional win happens I enjoy it.

PS I am very confident I have not been on your "positive Thread"

Don't want to rain on your parade.

I need you all to sign up in 2013

What if Simon Eishold hadn't shanked it.

In 1965 I wore my Melbourne jumper (pictured) around the UK. What if I had stayed in Australia, and Ron Barassi had taken over the coaching role in 1965, Big Bob Johnson returned to play for Melbourne instead of Perth, and Melbourne had remained a power in the league and now had 75,000 members?

I have been waiting just as long Crawf52

believe me when I say I am happy you can be positive

Unfortunately after all these years and particulary the last six I am now firmly in the "believe it when it happens Club"

I am now cheerful but expect little.

I find that is the only way to support the MFC

The alternative is to have your guts chewed out every year.

Now when the occasional win happens I enjoy it.

PS I am very confident I have not been on your "positive Thread"

Don't want to rain on your parade.

I need you all to sign up in 2013

It's like running marathons. I know I shouldn't. I know it's probably doing me some sort of long term harm. I know it's going to hurt. I know It's going to be a grind. But I also know if I don't do while I can it I'll regret it. I might just have a good one lurking somewhere in my ageing legs. I can't give up hope just yet.

I'll be signed up again next year and into the future.

It's like running marathons. I know I shouldn't. I know it's probably doing me some sort of long term harm. I know it's going to hurt. I know It's going to be a grind. But I also know if I don't do while I can it I'll regret it. I might just have a good one lurking somewhere in my ageing legs. I can't give up hope just yet.

I'll be signed up again next year and into the future.

Do you think we will live long enough to see a strong team Crawf52?

( notice I did not say win a flag )

Some weekends I seriously doubt it but I intend to be around a while yet so who knows.

The only problem is the last recorded miracle was by MM 100 years ago.

Is that an omen?

15 Western Bulldogs20 20 5 15 0 68.15

16 Melbourne 16 20 4 16 0 69.81

dogs have cats and lions, both away games

if they were to lose both and us win one what effect will this have on the Viney situation?

if by some miracle we are leading at 3qt this weekend expect Sam Blease to go to the ruck ;)

I can not contribute to this thread on the basis that I may incriminate myself.