Trade Sylvia - just do it

Soidee

Soldee

Settle down a little. He played the entire game with a bad leg and several shots of cortisone during the day to stay on the Park. Tired of the anti Sylvia Posts. One of the few match winners we have.

Yep and when was the last time he won anything for us?

People talk about Colin like he is a 19 year old recently drafted kid who hasn't been able to get onto the field a whole lot. Saying things like 'he should be kept because he has the most talent on our list' is ridiculous when you consider he is almost 27. Fine if he actually was 19 but after 8 years or so of promising so much and producing nothing but a shite attitude, it amazes me that people still have faith in him to be a great player.

He must go at the end of the year.

Talking about Colin's potential is almost as silly as those who want to [censored] him off. He is what he is, and it is not elite, but it is a hell of a lot better than most of the list.

But his attitude is just not on. Getting paid whatever he does (I guess around 400 000 plus) and displaying laziness and little leadership on field just doesn't cut it.

• Like 1

Talking about Colin's potential is almost as silly as those who want to [censored] him off. He is what he is, and it is not elite, but it is a hell of a lot better than most of the list.

Even by your take on things its daming of the list.

I agree he is not Elite, but he could have been.

Even by your take on things its daming of the list.

I agree he is not Elite, but he could have been.

He will be next year.

He will be next year.

of course he will be...of course..

Just like every over year he was going to be !! :huh:

Syliva and Moloney are absolutely killing us. I take no delight in potting players but these guys simply don't work hard enough. If you're unable to acknowledge how two (supposedly senior) players not working defensively can destroy a team then you've never been involved with a footy club. The core founding principle that all footy teams should have as the basis is the notion that every single player works their backside off when you have the footy to provide options, shepherds or to draw away opposition, then work hard the other way when the the opposition gets it placing unrelenting pressure on the ball carrier and shutting down options up the field and then finally to fly in low and hard when the ball is up for grabs. Moloney and Sylvia are 'B' grade players when we've got the footy and 'D' grade players in the other two stages of a game. Re-visit the interview with Sam Blease post game. It's simple stuff he is being encouraged to do - work harder when you don't have the ball and follow the team rules. When two of his senior players regularly fail to set the example, what hope do youngsters like Blease have of developing into the well-rounded, two-way footballers we need to take the club forward?

• Like 8

The likes of Sylvia and Moloney would be the most resistant to change because of the length of time they've been in the MFC system and therefore the least adaptable to Neelds new game plan and standards.

Old habits die hard and added to this is the perceived strained relationship with the coach.

Will both these guys 'buy in' or will it be easier to give them to the draft and trade table? I would love to move either on and pick up an Andrew Gaff or similar player. Both Colin and Brent should be forced to watch this bloke in action in his second season and then asked WTF are you doing?

Sylvia elite? My arse.

• Like 2

Some people clearly have not been watching the past 4-6 weeks. Col has been one of our better players. Ive put it down to one simple reason. He plays well when put in the middle of the ground. I was so frustrated when Neeld kept playing half forward at the start of the year. Once he was 'in the guts' he has played some very good football. Yesterday, back to half forward and an average game. He is possibly one of the las players i would want to see traded.

• Like 1

If he was injured why wasn't he subbed out instead of Moloney.....?

Cos Moloney is an overrated hack who is all brawn and looks like he could take you apart, but is simply a pea heart.

• Like 1

Some people clearly have not been watching the past 4-6 weeks. Col has been one of our better players. Ive put it down to one simple reason. He plays well when put in the middle of the ground. I was so frustrated when Neeld kept playing half forward at the start of the year. Once he was 'in the guts' he has played some very good football. Yesterday, back to half forward and an average game. He is possibly one of the las players i would want to see traded.

I'm with you 100%. When he's on the ball he looks better and more 'interested' because he is involved. When he's on the HFF, he's very quiet and rarely sighted. Good post!

• Like 1

That is where you are so wrong,. And no amount of your banging on will change the situation. Hell of a lot better at what?? Refusing to run and give second efforts? His attitude affects everyone. If he does't chase, someone else has to.

He is gone.

I have not been as disappointed with Col in recent weeks as I have been in the past. That being said I do believe it is the time to trade him. Saturday's game was indicative as to where he is at. He can put in a burst of 3 to 4 weeks of respectable (not elite) football and then put in an average performance like he did with the Saints. I feel that on top of Col's onfield performance; the example he has set for some of the youngsters hasn't been great. I won't go into a long list but we all know what I am talking about.

Why trade him now when he is travelling O.K.? He still has some currency left. We could get something reasonable still or end up with another T.J. situation (high draft pick who never really delivers on his potential). Hell, even Trapper won a B&F. Col struggles to make Top Ten in the Bluey.

Edited by Guest

That is where you are so wrong,. And no amount of your banging on will change the situation. Hell of a lot better at what?? Refusing to run and give second efforts? His attitude affects everyone. If he does't chase, someone else has to.

He is gone.

Liked this until the definitive "He is gone"

Given his age and obvious support here plus some of his endeavour with injuries

1 Tell him he has to run has to give second efforts tell him to chase.

2 Remind him that his attitude does affect veryone. He could be a leader Does he want to be? He could be with us or he may need to look elsewhere

1 is unconditional our choice 2 is his choice

6 weeks ago, I would have been in full agreement (in fact, I probably posted as much, but I can't be arsed searching for it).

However, I think I, along with many, didn't take into account the issues regarding his injuries whilst Neeld was trying to reprogram this list. With the amount of not-so talented deadwood on the list, I don't think we can realistically get rid of EVERY NQR on the list right now. There would be at least 7 players to go ahead of Sylvia, and quite frankly, I'd like to see what he has to offer with a decent midfield around him. As others have said, he is more the cherry than the cake. It'd be a folly to get rid of our cherry just because the cake is rancid.

• Like 1

6 weeks ago, I would have been in full agreement (in fact, I probably posted as much, but I can't be arsed searching for it).

However, I think I, along with many, didn't take into account the issues regarding his injuries whilst Neeld was trying to reprogram this list. With the amount of not-so talented deadwood on the list, I don't think we can realistically get rid of EVERY NQR on the list right now. There would be at least 7 players to go ahead of Sylvia, and quite frankly, I'd like to see what he has to offer with a decent midfield around him. As others have said, he is more the cherry than the cake. It'd be a folly to get rid of our cherry just because the cake is rancid.

But what if you could sell the cherry for an important part of the recipe for the cake?!

We can get another cherry later, glazed ones are good.

But what if you could sell the cherry for an important part of the recipe for the cake?!

We can get another cherry later, glazed ones are good.

If that were the case, I'd consider it. However, I have my doubts on the depth of this draft beyond the mid-2nd round. If there were a team in the bottom 10 willing to part with a 2nd-rounder, I'd consider it, don't get me wrong. I just feel that there aren't many clubs who would be keen, mainly because he hasn't shown all that much.

Maybe Richmond would be willing to trade for him? He does play well against them, and they seem to enjoy recruiting our rejects.......