• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

McLardy: Players signed, extension for Schwab & response on list management

Range Rover

I see with my own eyes every week.

Yeah I have to say when I watch the games, I come away thinking

"Man those guys look dispirited, if only something could be done about the CEO everything would be better" :wacko:

Yeah I have to say when I watch the games, I come away thinking

"Man those guys look dispirited, if only something could be done about the CEO everything would be better" :wacko:

Same. When Davey can't get a sniff or doesn or Moloney does chase hard enough, I often wonder if they're thinking "I'll be buggered if I'm going to go in hard given what that pesky CEO is up to".

Guest José Mourinho

I see with my own eyes every week.

Read: it was an unfounded attempt to troll, and I have nothing meaningful to say.

Guest José Mourinho

Same. When Davey can't get a sniff or doesn or Moloney does chase hard enough, I often wonder if they're thinking "I'll be buggered if I'm going to go in hard given what that pesky CEO is up to".

Personally, I just dislike him because someone told me he has expensive taste in desks...

ps. Dannyz, thankyou for this gift that keeps on giving.

Personally, I just dislike him because someone told me he has expensive taste in desks...

ps. Dannyz, thankyou for this gift that keeps on giving.

I work on a desk that's probably worth $79,900 less. I could donate it to CS and he could sell his and donate the proceeds to the war chest. Would be a nice kick start.

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting to note the article by Mark Stevens in regards to Jim's Memoirs regarding Cameron Schwab.

Effectively said he wasn't going to be renewed as CEO except 186 happened and the view was that you can't sack the CEO and the coach at the same time. Was given some home truths and told to get back in line and since then I guess it looks like he has done a pretty fair job (at least according to McLardy)

Article below:

Dean Bailey's axing saved Cameron Schwab

In regards to the article above I just want to point out the quotes to those of you who have been screaming about 'speculation' and 'innuendo' regarding the playing groups relationship with Cam Schwab. I do believe these direct quotes from Jim shed light onto the reality of the situation.

"Some of his behaviour was proving destructive and it was clear he had lost the faith of the coach and the playing group.

"I felt that some aspects of his work were first-class, and perhaps that two-thirds of what he did overall was good.

"But I was frustrated by the fact he was choosing to ignore the board and seemed determined to run his own agenda."

He is the luckiest person in the AFL to have a job. Garry Lyon kept him in his gig at the expense of the players. It's no longer innuendo. It's come from Jim himself and I think it's pretty damning.

Bailey doesn't come out of that excerpt looking very good at all. And people wonder why we're so far behind the eight-ball now.

"If found Dean a difficult mean to read. He struck me as a decent and affable guy but I went into the season (2011) uncertain of his capacity of his ability to deal with the politics of the football department." Stynes (also) questions the leadership of Bailey and whether he had the strategies or game plan to match it with the elite teams.

And it is incredible the amount of power Garry Lyon wielded/wields at the MFC. He really was/is the kingmaker at our club.

Here's hoping history judges his advocacy of Neeld in a much better light than his extremely poor selection of Bailey.

In regards to the article above I just want to point out the quotes to those of you who have been screaming about 'speculation' and 'innuendo' regarding the playing groups relationship with Cam Schwab. I do believe these direct quotes from Jim shed light onto the reality of the situation.

"Some of his behaviour was proving destructive and it was clear he had lost the faith of the coach and the playing group.

"I felt that some aspects of his work were first-class, and perhaps that two-thirds of what he did overall was good.

"But I was frustrated by the fact he was choosing to ignore the board and seemed determined to run his own agenda."

He is the luckiest person in the AFL to have a job. Garry Lyon kept him in his gig at the expense of the players. It's no longer innuendo. It's come from Jim himself and I think it's pretty damning.

I think you judge Schwab harshly saying he "is the luckiest person in the AFL to have a job". Jim says two-thirds of his work were first class. Don't forget that. He seems now to have learned his lesson from that episode and according to McLardy has the support of the board moving forward.

The players who got involved in club politics should have known better and stuck to what footballers do best ... kick footballs. They didn't and they got burnt.

One of the problems with Schwab may be, and I know nothing of the man obviously, is that he may well manage "up" very well but not so much "down"

I see this a lot in corporates, the underlings scratch their heads and cannot for the life of them work out why some guy keeps his position year after year after year when he is pretty terrible at managing them and their interests.

In this day and age a CEO of a footy club has to act more like a CEO and less like a footy player with half a brain and some management smarts. They wouldn't have kept him on if he was not meeting his KPI's, I don't reckon the club is that irresponsible, in this day and age if they were we'd be a helluva lot worse off than we are now.. We got good member numbers, we're in the black, we've got sponsors, we just need to start winning some bloody games and that is down to the players, not the CEO

• Like 1

Pretty concerning that we chose to do the easy thing to avoid external scrutiny, instead of the right thing in the long term.

If the board had no faith in Schwab, they should never have renewed his contract, regardless of what was happening with the coach. Both were proving to be just as bad for our club.

I hope Bailey doesn't take this too personally and comes out blabbing about you know what.

Goddamn it, this club is such a monumental mess even after all these years.

I think he gets judges harshly. Jim says two-thirds of his work were first class. Don't forget that. He seems now to have learned his lesson from that episode.

Yeah, it's obvious to me that he has changed tack. It still concerns me that 90% of the staff that were unhappy with him are still there though (the players). That can't be good for culture and I know from experience that if people lose faith in management it's very hard to gain it back

The players who got involved in club politics should have known better and stuck to what footballers do best ... kick footballs.

This would be true if half of our list could kick ;-)

• Like 1

Pretty concerning that we chose to do the easy thing to avoid external scrutiny, instead of the right thing in the long term.

If the board had no faith in Schwab, they should never have renewed his contract, regardless of what was happening with the coach. Both were proving to be just as bad for our club.

Agree totally.

The comments made by Stynes on current persons in the roles he appointed are somewhat unfair where the target has no reasonable right of reply. Its ironic that when I and other posters pointed out those concerns on this site that it got howled down for muckraking. Given his status around the Club, I am not impressed with Stynes' approach on this.

Bailey doesn't come out of that excerpt looking very good at all. And people wonder why we're so far behind the eight-ball now.

"If found Dean a difficult mean to read. He struck me as a decent and affable guy but I went into the season (2011) uncertain of his capacity of his ability to deal with the politics of the football department." Stynes (also) questions the leadership of Bailey and whether he had the strategies or game plan to match it with the elite teams.

And it is incredible the amount of power Garry Lyon wielded/wields at the MFC. He really was/is the kingmaker at our club.

Here's hoping history judges his advocacy of Neeld in a much better light than his extremely poor selection of Bailey.

Bailey was re appointed by Stynes and had the apparent support of the players. Schwab and Connolly were critics of Bailey. Either the Board did not know or listen. Its absolutely amazing McLardy had to go directly to the players to find out what the issues were.

I find it also uncomfortable that Lyon wields that power without responsibility or accountability. Lyon was involved in the selection of Bailey and he circumvented an open process and went directly to Neeld for the role If Neeld is a failure in the role then I would not want Lyon's consultancy any where near the Club in the future

I think you judge Schwab harshly saying he "is the luckiest person in the AFL to have a job". Jim says two-thirds of his work were first class. Don't forget that.

For a CEO thats a fail. For running agendas without the Board's approval, that normally a death sentence. He is lucky that decided to spend the 20c on the phone call to sack the coach instead.

The players who got involved in club politics should have known better and stuck to what footballers do best ... kick footballs. They didn't and they got burnt.

The board members who went directly to the players behind the CEO's back should have know better. They didn't and the Club got humiliated and compromised in the process.

Do I possess psychic powers, or was this article just a re-hash of what we've all known for a year?

Yes it was known. Just confirmed.

• Like 1

Do I possess psychic powers, or was this article just a re-hash of what we've all known for a year?

pretty much

What can be deduced....or at least opined from all this with some reasonable accuracy.

Bailey: nice guy, inadequate coach at AFL level. Now at his more comfortable level of AFL involvement. Did a job in first two years, we paid dearly for it in the next

Schwab: Very capable but needs his direction defined. Seems at least capable/desirous of learning ( thats good, dont dismiss out of hand ) . Lets call a spade a spade. The club is in its best fiscal health in my living memory and probably has the best desks in all the comp !!

• Like 1