POLL: Who Needs To Go? ... The Fans Decide

Range Rover

Which players do you not want to see appear on the senior list in 2013?  

340 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

What needs to be considered is average players can look a lot worse when playing in a bad team.

Conversely average players can look like stars when they play in a gun team. So we shouldn't throw the baby out with the dish water.

MFC shouldn't over react and start delisting most of the team. In saying that there appears to be obvious delistings.

• Like 2

What needs to be considered is average players can look a lot worse when playing in a bad team.

Conversely average players can look like stars when they play in a gun team. So we shouldn't throw the baby out with the dish water.

MFC shouldn't over react and start delisting most of the team. In saying that there appears to be obvious delistings.

very valid point, Toorak

A few weeks ago my source inside the club said we would change 10-12 spots on the list .

I saw him last night and this figure is now 12-14.

I'm pretty happy with that-a new broom ,with a decent handle ,sweeps clean .

• Like 1

• Like 2

Ok folks I have the truth....I know someone who has a dog that knows the dog that regularly exercises on Gotschs paddock, the dog, supposedly, in between polluting the beautiful green grass on the oval and chasing a stray Melbourne Victory player who was facing the wrong way, overheard a conversation between Neil Craig and Mark Neeld....

MN....."spoken to the recruiters, after reading Demonland I think it is better if we delist all 46 and start again, if anyone asks we can blame Barry Prendergast"

NC....."actually I have a cunning plan that Charlie Walsh told me about"

MN......" what's that?'

NC.....'it's called recycling"

and so the fantasy begins......including the fact the anybody remotely connected to the Footy Dept at MFC regards the opinions of players on this board........

Not that he'd be the only one i'd cull - but for me we should be looking to move Dunn on.

He tries hard, but i don't think he's one of the smarter players on the list / in the comp.

Despite having a good long kick, he turns the ball over more than most, and his decision making skills are often less than great.

In his defence he's been played in so many roles, by so many coaches, in the forward line (as a KPP and as a flanker) , midfield (run with roles) and down in defence, but he's never really made it in any of those roles has he?

A few good games here, a few good games there, but he is constantly in and out of the team, and i cant remember any consistent seasons. or if he has, then he has not gone on with it.

The most damming thing i think will be that he has been on the list now for quite some time - 7 yrs or so and hasn't established him self as a player, let alone a senior player. And i think he knows it.

He's not the only type of player to fall into that category in fairness, but now has to be the time to move him on, even if we are bereft of players with experience, and try and attract players with similar levels of experience but who are more capable and consistent - if we have to spend a little $ so be it.

he's had he's go - and he's not up to it sadly.

I FEEL THAT WE OUGHT TO BE VERY CAREFULL WITH WHO WE LET GO NEELD REALLY NEEDS TO GET IT RIGHT AS THE PRESSURE WILL BE RIGHT ON HIM IF WE CAN'T BE MORE COMPETATIVE IN 2013. THE SIMPLE FACT IS THAT OUR SENIOR CORE OF PLAYERS ARE NOT LEADERS AND ARE SIMPLY AVERAGE FOOTBALLERS IE. DUNN; MACDONALD; (GREEN & MALONEY ARE GONE); AARON DAVEY RELIED ON HIS SPEED BUT DUE TO AGE AND INJURIES HE IS NO LONGER THE FLASH AND IT DOESN'T MATTER WHERE HE IS PLAYED HIS PACE IS GONE AND THAT WAS HIS BASIC STRENGTH

MORTON IS TERRIBLE; COUCH & MAGNER WILL TAKE US NOWHERE NOT UPTO AFL STANDARD SIMPLY PUT OUR TALENT IS VERY THIN HORRIBLE RECRUITING DESICIONS OF THE PAST HAVE COME BACK TO HAUNT US

I FEEL THAT WE OUGHT TO BE VERY CAREFULL WITH WHO WE LET GO NEELD REALLY NEEDS TO GET IT RIGHT AS THE PRESSURE WILL BE RIGHT ON HIM IF WE CAN'T BE MORE COMPETATIVE IN 2013. THE SIMPLE FACT IS THAT OUR SENIOR CORE OF PLAYERS ARE NOT LEADERS AND ARE SIMPLY AVERAGE FOOTBALLERS IE. DUNN; MACDONALD; (GREEN & MALONEY ARE GONE); AARON DAVEY RELIED ON HIS SPEED BUT DUE TO AGE AND INJURIES HE IS NO LONGER THE FLASH AND IT DOESN'T MATTER WHERE HE IS PLAYED HIS PACE IS GONE AND THAT WAS HIS BASIC STRENGTH

MORTON IS TERRIBLE; COUCH & MAGNER WILL TAKE US NOWHERE NOT UPTO AFL STANDARD SIMPLY PUT OUR TALENT IS VERY THIN HORRIBLE RECRUITING DESICIONS OF THE PAST HAVE COME BACK TO HAUNT US

Stop yelling!

Is this irony?

No, i was just waiting to get your attention. I think, your trying obviously to in direct but round about way, that CAPS are considered "YELLING"?

But if he's new to these things like many are when they start,, then saying (stop yelling) would be like talking to a Japanese in Afrikaans?

You could help him? Thats the only point...