The list - who goes at the end of the year?

Soidee

Bartram played like a man possessed by some sought of higher power in his most recent game. He was fierce and we miss him right now. Not fair to cull young guys with long term injury such as him. Would ad Bennell to that list. Very sad . Neeld likes him. Now you guys all love Neeld so there's go to be something there.

Melbourne could consider moving Sellar, Davey and Joel Mac on. Joel will probably be a star at Gold Coast or GWS. Rivers, Mcdonald, Garland, Bartram and Frawley will form an imposing back line. Viney will be just what the doctor ordered and pick up another mid. Clark back next year with the emergence of a Cook or Leigh Williams and things could turn around very quickly.....

Go Deeeess!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Big deal - sure I like Bartram but his disposal stands out in a side of poor disposal.

From what ive heard he likes players that get their role and play it and do what they are told. Accountable types. Dunn has lots of flaws in his game, but he does what he is told, similarly Tappscott has been given games because of the 1% off the ball that have helped in the long run.

I still firmly believe that Garland has a future in the forward 50.

Our backline is consistently over-rated. Teams constantly just keep the ball in their 50 because our defenders struggle one on one and with contested footy and more tellingly, we have no run out of our back half. We need a Ward or Yarran type that can create some run out of there. I defense is our strength but even it isnt fantastic, it just looks ok when compared to a VFL standard midfield and a forward 50 that consists of one player.

Quite simply I've had it with supporters saying how pathetic we are and how I've supported for x years so I'm leaving. Melbourne FC shouldn't be a leisure and for me and many other people on here it's a religion.

No-one on here likes losing, but I'm not in for a quick fix either. In 2 years what will the Bulldogs remember from their 2000-09 years. Nothing because there is no cup. Prelims mean nothing. If I have an extra year of rubbish to get all the bs gameplans this list had been taught in the past I'll deal with it and look to the greener pastures.

Your suggestion that we could trade Trengove just about gives me enough ammunition to comfortably say we'll be fine without you; but I'll extend an olive branch and say this. Instead on posting the problems lets start threads about what we are developing and moving towards because if you're not part of the solution you're part of the problem.

Go Dees.

listen l don't like slagging them off but l've just had it with some of the pathetic players with us. l have been supporting them all my life and will never stop so don't tell me to go. The problem is it a religion for me and l worship the club but this year l've been losing some faith because l've never seen us so bad and l don't know how we are going to get better.

I hope you're right Rpfc. Just a terrible sign though that a guy would 'not work hard enough'. Disgraceful really at this level.

Maybe he wasn't required to by the previous slack bonhomie regime - and whatever some may say I doubt if it can be totally corre Ted in just one preseason.

I reckon Morton will indeed be in another jumper next year ( possibly not a football one though )

There are often teams that look as discards and/or underperformers and think they can apply the magic and have a 'decent' player on the cheap.

My prediction is Morton will be at another club in 2013

one of the WA teams mght have him, but not for much.

I don’t think making mass changes to the list is a great idea given the requirement for new draftees to be given two-year deals. I would prefer to retain players like Cook, Bail, Green, Gysberts and Dunn on one-year contracts.

Tapscott will only make it as a small defender IMO. He does not have enough pace or tricks to play forward and cannot develop the tank required to play as a mid. But we would need to structure our defense to accommodate him. (i.e. play only three key defenders.)

I still think Dunn gas something to offer. If he could be played up around the forward half if the ground that is.

Its 8 years on the list and you still havent work out that Dunn is not up to AFL...... Time to be cut.

If Tapscott is not fast enough to be a forward then FMD who the hell can he play in the oppositions forward line? And its a daming expectation to have our defence structured to accommodate Tapscott. Eeek!! Tapscott's deficiencies cant be hidden any where. At pick 18, Tapscott is underwhelming. When we were crying out for mids, I am not sure why we punted on Tapscott as he shows little that suggest he is one.

What saves him is that one he is probably contracted for 2013 and there is a logjam of NQRs this year like Dunn and Bate to be cleaned out. I can get to 10 players off the list without moving Cook and Gysberts off. Within that 10 moves, I have Davey and Morton placed on the rookie list for 2013.

IMO its takes about 5 years to start to get an assessment on who you drafted but the 2009 draft is underwhelming after 3 years and I know we still have the Scully 2PPs this year and have probably dodged a bullet.

• Like 1

I hope for the best as well, Did he only want 2 years? I have trouble getting my head around why a Nat.Champ. CHF taken at 12 would only have a 2 year deal.

As to your last comment don't even think it. It is to horrible to contemplate.

Most first year players only get 2 year contracts. They start on the minimum salary so they would be stupid

to sign long contracts on low money. Also clubs are less inclined to sign players to longer contracts and first

because of the obvious reason that they are young and anything can happen.

Its 8 years on the list and you still havent work out that Dunn is not up to AFL...... Time to be cut.

If Tapscott is not fast enough to be a forward then FMD who the hell can he play in the oppositions forward line? And its a daming expectation to have our defence structured to accommodate Tapscott. Eeek!! Tapscott's deficiencies cant be hidden any where. At pick 18, Tapscott is underwhelming. When we were crying out for mids, I am not sure why we punted on Tapscott as he shows little that suggest he is one.

What saves him is that one he is probably contracted for 2013 and there is a logjam of NQRs this year like Dunn and Bate to be cleaned out. I can get to 10 players off the list without moving Cook and Gysberts off. Within that 10 moves, I have Davey and Morton placed on the rookie list for 2013.

IMO its takes about 5 years to start to get an assessment on who you drafted but the 2009 draft is underwhelming after 3 years and I know we still have the Scully 2PPs this year and have probably dodged a bullet.

Tappy will be a top player very soon-plus he is JTs best mate.He will be around for years .

I find it funny that some people think our rejects are worth something on the trade table. We have been and are still close to the worst AFL team, any player with currency we need to keep, the other 30 on our list are worth nothing on the trading Market.

Tappy will be a top player very soon-plus he is JTs best mate.He will be around for years .

Yeah right???

Given the way we have been teased/fooled by Bate and Dunn for 8 years then its possible Tappy could be around for a long time and show little at AFL.

Been disappointed with Tappy this year. Looks slower and does not get the ball often enough. Former great disposal is now average and too loose. Still tries to be the big game hunter but is now the hunted. When he plays in between regular injuries he gets smacked around a lot. You reap what you sow. I expect more from him next season. Needs to get fitter, accountable, more resilient and should focus more on playing the ball and not the man.

Edited by america de cali

Disagree! The forum is good for venting out. Not simply follow with blind faith and not question what the hell is going on. One could easily reply that your lack of input simply to say "These threads are becoming incredibly tiresome" are very boring and off the mark. If you have nothing to say then simply don't comment.

That post was made pre-merge, when ANOTHER new 'who should go' thread was started. And more new ones, on the same topic ad nauseum, are tiresome.

You mean like Blease's best mate?..

Ouch...

Please don't go there girlfriend! :mad:

I cringe at these articles. It was almost like everything was going to be handed over on a platter. Work ethic? Competitiveness? Stuff that. If you have craploads of draft picks, the rest will take care of itself.

We do like drafting mates don't we? Was it a draft strategy?

Tappy & Trenners

HWFUA & Blease

Benny & the Jet

........then there was the two Cockatoo-Collins

The question is, can he play well to Neeld's game plan? Would have thought so pre-season, but on performance so far in 2012, the jury's out. But it's not looking good.

• Like 1

We do like drafting mates don't we? Was it a draft strategy?

Tappy & Trenners

HWFUA & Blease

Benny & the Jet

........then there was the two Cockatoo-Collins

Col Sylvia is mates with some good players-enjoys a laugh with them after a game.Recruiting strategy?

Been disappointed with Tappy this year. Looks slower and does not get the ball often enough. Former great disposal is now average and too loose. Still tries to be the big game hunter but is now the hunted. When he plays in between regular injuries he gets smacked around a lot. You reap what you sow. I expect more from him next season. Needs to get fitter, accountable, more resilient and should focus more on playing the ball and not the man.

I like him a lot. He is smart, has ability highlighted by a booming kick, built strong, courageous and confident with an air of arrogance about him.

It is disappointing but we have been branding Trengove, Grimes, Gysberts and Blease all the same somewhat, not to mention Fitzpatrick & Cook. Plus we have debuted only one senior-listed draftee in a year of "re-building the re-build" or whatever you want to call it.

If Tapscott was the lone underperformer - or one of a select few - then I would be concerned. But he's not, and I don't think you can hold any of Luke, Jordan, Sam or the Jacks solely accountable for their alleged "poor form" given Neeld's teachings have clearly upset the apple-cart (for the greater good).

I haven't seen Jai Sheahan and Williams on many lists.

I think they should also go to make space for the players being demoted to rookies. I can't see either of them bringing much to the table in the future, they struggle in the VFL.