It's The Cattle ... Stupid!

Range Rover

This is a thread to add some sense and sanity to Demonland following the spate of the knee-jerk "sack Neeld" threads that have popped up in the past 24 hours.

Until we can get genuinely talented players in our midfield, we are going nowhere.

Get it?

N - O - W - H - E - R - E

A Cotchin. A Deledio. And a Martin.

That's what we need to find at this year's draft.

Hawthorn also did it with Franlkin, Roughead and Rioli. Collingwood did it with Pendlebury and Thomas. Geelong did it in the early 2000's.

Now it is our turn to hit the jackpot.

It wouldn't matter if Norm Smith himself came back from the dead to coach us if we don't.

• Like 10

This is a thread to add some sense and sanity to Demonland following the spate of the knee-jerk "sack Neeld" threads that have popped up in the past 24 hours.

Until we can get genuinely talented players in our midfield, we are going nowhere.

Get it?

Hawthorn also did it with Franlkin, Roughead and Rioli. Collingwood did it with Pendlebury and Thomas. Geelong did it in the early 2000's.

It wouldn't matter if Norm Smith himself came back from the dead to coach us if we don't.

Correct we have the worst midfield in the competition and that's where it all starts.

Yesterday's game highlighted the lack of talent we have in the middle, even when we get the clearance our midfield skills are so poor we cough it up or stuff it up anyway. Compare that to the silky skills of the top club's midfielders, they have all the time in the World we are continually rushed, Swan always looks calm and composed, our mids don't understand what composed means.

• Like 1

Correct we have the worst midfield in the competition and that's where it all starts.

Yesterday's game highlighted the lack of talent we have in the middle, even when we get the clearance our midfield skills are so poor we cough it up or stuff it up anyway. Compare that to the silky skills of the top club's midfielders, they have all the time in the World we are continually rushed, Swan always looks calm and composed, our mids don't understand what composed means.

And all the midfielders mentioned kick goals. Something we also need.

Agree on the midfield and the sentiment of not blaming the coach solely.

Unfortunately we've already had our super draft and one of our picks has struggled with pace while the other moved to surfers pardise.

I suspect the frustration aimed at Neeld is actually misguided frustration at the clubs ability to uncover and develop genuine talent.

The gaping hole that Clark left doesn't help either...

We have an also-ran midfield and it shows.

But I am hopeful that Misson can give those talented youngsters that we do have a body to compete in the AFL.

Add to this some genuine class from 3, 4, and Viney...

Add to this Sewell, Enright, and another vet squeezed out...

Add to this a couple of deleted fringe players at the better clubs...

And we will be a much better team.

we need plenty in this draft. It is a lot easier to trade for a key forward/back or develop one when you have a kick ass midfield. We could cause some headaches for opposition coaches if Jones and JT had some good players around them. Get the Mids worry about the rest later.

Get it?

Yes the draft is the answer and will solve all our problems, just like it has the last 5 years....

Yes the draft is the answer and will solve all our problems, just like it has the last 5 years....

where do we get the talent from then if not the draft?

still haven't seen gysberts play this year, or evans. troy davis is capable to take over grimes' defensive duties to give him more time in the middle. would like to see tapscott shed a couple of kg and get the endurance to be an inside mid. we have no idea how good taggert could be but tynan looks like he could be a goer given the chance and if he can stop getting concussed.

• Like 1

anyone else think we might loose to GWS and GC and finish last, kill the pig in the draft including viney with our 2nd round pick and actually play footy in 2013?

Get it?

Im with you 100% on this one.

I also find it fascinating how so many demonlanders stick up for almost every player on our list. Someone suggests to trade someone, then 10 people post back how we shouldn't.

With that attitude we'll always have this crop and wont win a thing.

I know Jose loves Gysberts, though even I think he'll be on the firing line if he has another injury riddled year next year. It'll be his 4th year. We need players who can get on the park and be active, I know alott of it is badluck, though if a player is injury riddled for 4 years then whose saying their next 4 years wont be the same. We cant just keep waiting for them to come good.

End of this year though i think Lawrence, Bate (Will go to another club as FA, hope we get good compensation), Jamar to Vets and Bennell will be gone. 4 Places. I think Petterd and Evans will hold on for another year and I don't think Neeld will oust any seniors.

Edited by olisik

anyone else think we might loose to GWS and GC and finish last, kill the pig in the draft including viney with our 2nd round pick and actually play footy in 2013?

yes I think we will struggle to beat both GCS and GWS particularly if we do not get 3 or 4 back from injury in the next couple of weeks

If only it was that simple DemonWA we have not covered ourselves in glory with previous draft selections

Not me. That shit_ is played out. We tried it already and it got us nowhere.

Im with you 100% on this one.

I also find it fascinating how so many demonlanders stick up for almost every player on our list. Someone suggests to trade someone, then 10 people post back how we shouldn't.

With that attitude we'll always have this crop and wont win a thing.

I know Jose loves Gysberts, though even I think he'll be on the firing line if he has another injury riddled year next year. It'll be his 4th year. We need players who can get on the park and be active, I know alott of it is badluck, though if a player is injury riddled for 4 years then whose saying their next 4 years wont be the same. We cant just keep waiting for them to come good.

End of this year though i think Lawrence, Bate (Will go to another club as FA, hope we get good compensation), Jamar to Vets and Bennell will be gone. 4 Places. I think Petterd and Evans will hold on for another year and I don't think Neeld will oust any seniors.

Lawrence is a rookie so he will not effect the main list

Don't agree with Petterd I think he is gone.

Also I Don't think Green will be around next year, he could probably go another year in a good team but we all know that is sadly not the case with the Dees.

I think there will be 5 changes who they will be I believe is already decided.

One of the few interest points for the remainder of 2012 will be guessing who.

Yes, GWS has the mighty Tom $cully who collected a total of 12 possessions against the Dockers today. How are you feeling Sheeds?

Pretty certain he had 5 possessions up till 3 quarter time as well.... didn't have a good one did he! :)

There is no way we will be tanking. But with the injuries we have, there isn't a heck of a lot of talent to build a competitive team from for the rest of the season eitherI don't think GC will be easy to beat, they are hitting some form.... or at least being competitive, GWS on the other hand have nothing to play for, are being smacked every week and look like they have put the cue in the rack and heading to the bar to drown their sorrows.

From here on.... the Gold Coast and Melbourne have the chance to win two more games of football I think. One is against GWS.... the other is against each other.... given we have a game in hand, and we play them at the MCG, there is not much chance the bottom three will change from now until the end of the season.

• Like 1

Lawrence is a rookie so he will not effect the main list

Don't agree with Petterd I think he is gone.

Also I Don't think Green will be around next year, he could probably go another year in a good team but we all know that is sadly not the case with the Dees.

I think there will be 5 changes who they will be I believe is already decided.

One of the few interest points for the remainder of 2012 will be guessing who.

Bate, Bennell, Bail, MacDonald and Petterd are gone IMO. Green will/should retire. There's six off the bat to get things going.

Can't believe I'm saying this but I think Dunn may have saved himself with some solid negating performances during the year. I think Neeld will feel he can play a role going forward.

• Like 1

Bate, Bennell, Bail, MacDonald and Petterd are gone IMO. Green will/should retire. There's six off the bat to get things going.

Can't believe I'm saying this but I think Dunn may have saved himself with some solid negating performances during the year. I think Neeld will feel he can play a role going forward.

Not prepared to speculate too much on who will be gone, but I think you could be right with Dunn. Some of these fringe players will start to look a lot more appealing as the team as a whole improves.

Gee RR I think you have stolen my mind.

Not that you will get much.

Not sure about Bail, I would let him go but he seems to impress the FD and at least he fullfils my first commandment of football.

"First get the Ball"

I have grave doubts Moloney will be around next year and that Spencer will survive the cut.

My list would be Bate, Bennell, Mcdonald, Petterd, Moloney and Spencer.

Add Green as likely to fall on his own sword.

I dont think Couch should remain on the list. I have always had the feeling that he only got a shot because of his old man and that he knew Neeld on a more personal level. After seeing him run around for 2 weeks in our mid field and make barely any impact I cannot see how it would be worthwhile him keeping his spot.

Alot of you may dis-agree but at the end of the day, he is never going to be a premiership mid, and premiership mids is what we need to focus on.

That said I think Evans can develop into a premiership mid after watching him at Casey.