Cam Bruce # 32 announces retirement from AFL.

gsmith12

Thanks for your contribution to MFC Cam, 224, in the main, excellent games. Shame you wasted two years at the Hawks when a little less greed may have seen you reach 250 with our great club.

• Like 9

Thanks for your contribution to MFC Cam, 224, in the main, excellent games. Shame you wasted two years at the Hawks when a little less greed may have seen you reach 250 with our great club.

Do not agree he was pushed out in not too dissimilar fashion to McDonald.

Treated poorly IMO.

• Like 1

Treated poorly IMO.

He couldn't play out the second year of the two year deal he wanted...

And there was a spot left vacant on our RL for him this year if he earned a 2012 in 2011 so I don't agree.

• Like 5

He couldn't play out the second year of the two year deal he wanted...

And there was a spot left vacant on our RL for him this year if he earned a 2012 in 2011 so I don't agree.

Still think it is sad

Gave the Dees a lot of great games over a long period.

• Like 1

he was dissapointed the way junior was pushed and saw the writing on the wall for himself. I would have done the same thing if i was him. Hopefuly we can get him back to the club in some capacity one day. he seems a smart bloke who i am sure has plenty to offer. Good luck to him in all his endeavours and thanks for the memories.

Treated poorly IMO.

Treated us poorly IMO.

Swanned around on inflated $$ for years due to a poor list and when it came time to take a pay cut, shot through.

• Like 6

Sad way to go out, but congrats on a good career. Many moments stick in my mind, but that goal in his first season v Carlton prelim is a highlight that has never gone away.

• Like 1

"You'll always be remembered as a Demon player Cam"..Dean Bailey.

He got that one correct,whatever else you think about DB,Cam, or the move.

How good he would have looked in his prime if he was in the Lions midfield...fab 4 I'd wager.

How good he would have looked in his prime if he was in the Lions midfield...fab 4 I'd wager.

Before or after Guerra planted him into the dome turf.

• Like 1

1205th player to appear at MFC, 15th most games played, 22nd most goals kicked, 224 games over 10 years, 4277 disposals, 210 goals. (http://stats.rleague.com/afl/stats/players/C/Cameron_Bruce.html)

Taken at 20 years old pick 64 in 1999, but definitely played better footy than most of MFC's higher picks... which doesn't seem like the run of the place lately.

Legend!

• Like 2

Before or after Guerra planted him into the dome turf.

never the same after that moment was he.

You have no idea do you?

• Like 1

Treated us poorly IMO.

Swanned around on inflated $$ for years due to a poor list and when it came time to take a pay cut, shot through.

Bruce has made his bed, now he must lie in it.

Couldn't see out the two year deal that he inisisted on getting, when a one year deal was on the table at the Dee's

Not really regarded as a Hawthorn player, and not welcome at Melbourne.

This guy was my hero in high school he had some great skills.

2000 finals vs carlton wow.

All the best cam

• Like 2

Sometimes this place is pathetic. Cam Bruce is one of our best players for the last 10-15 years. He gave MFC many years of good service and deserves the respect of each and every one of us supporters. If you're going to write something negative in here, don't bother. It only shows what a disrespectful fool you are.

Thank you Cam for many great memories. You were one of our best mids for years, kicked a few bags, did some great shutdown jobs on legends like Hird, and won us many games. Enjoy retirement and hopefully you return to the club in some capacity in the years to come.

• Like 11

Still think it is sad

Gave the Dees a lot of great games over a long period.

You are one of the perennial whingers on this site about MFC performance. Now you want to complain that we did not gift 2 years to a player who was not up it. Talk about sucking both ends of the straw!

Treated us poorly IMO.

How stupid were MFC to offer Bruce over the odds money?? He shot through because he could not get the 2 years he wanted. He left for less money at HFC. Makes a lie of your fantasy.

Not really regarded as a Hawthorn player, and not welcome at Melbourne.

If there is anything worse than MFC's on field performances its the mean small minded attitude of its supporters to former players who are life members (10+ years), Bluey winner and 15th most games at the Club. If he cant be welcomed back at the Club then Demetriou is right.

I cant wait for the snide comments that occur when Green finally retires in 8 weeks.

FWIW, Bruce had a stellar career at MFC for bloke who came off the 1999 draft at pick 64. Deserves greater regard for his efforts.

• Like 6

A sad end to a player who gave the MFC some very good service.

Had a wonderful career for the majority of his life as a Demon.....

He should be regarded and treated with the respect he deserves and had earned for his long time service to this club.

And this is despite what anyone may think of the way he left the or treated the club. He will and should always be welcome back.

So congrats to Cameron on his career, and I wish him the best of luck for his future endeavours.

• Like 2

running goal in 2010

[media=]

I don't understand what Mckenzie was doing... Certainly not used to that behaviour from players in the Red and Blue.

I suppose the sad nature of sport is that, by the time a player retires, he's well passed his best. It shouldn't be forgotten how much he put in for the Dees - a lot of players on our list would do well to mimic his gut-running ability.

As Rhino hinted at, hopefully his mate Brad gets the respect he deserves for delivering 6 solid seasons in our worst period - not ridicule for his 1 poor one.

Hopefully Brucey can be welcomed back into the MFC family with open arms. Fought for every ounce of his talent to make an impact on the biggest stage.

P.s. does he remind anyone of Melbourne's current number 10?

• Like 2

You know I probably should be gracious and mention what conribution he made to the club and how he was a great clubman and...nah, [censored] it.

[censored] you Bruce, when you left Melbourne you could have ensured that we got something in return. But no, you kept on stalling on the contract, not telling the club that you were thinking about leaving for Hawthorn, rather giving the club the impression that you'd sign on. You stalled and waited until after the trade period, ensuring Hawthorn could get you for nothing.

The MFC overpaid you for years, you were in the top 5 contracts at the clubs even though you were a turnover merchant. The karma gods obviously paid you back in kind for your actions

I know I'm going to cop it for this opinion but I don't care, flame away.

• Like 1

1205th player to appear at MFC, 15th most games played, 22nd most goals kicked, 224 games over 10 years, 4277 disposals, 210 goals. (http://stats.rleague...eron_Bruce.html)

Taken at 20 years old pick 64 in 1999, but definitely played better footy than most of MFC's higher picks... which doesn't seem like the run of the place lately.

Legend!

Pretty substantial contribution that. Bruce will be remembered for what he gave to the club, rather than how he left it. Meeting Cam was the deciding factor in my daughter throwing in her lot with the Demons. He remained her favourite player for a number of years. Until she noticed the newly arrived J. Watts was "hot" and that Cam had become follicly challenged. The Bruce-signed Demon cap went to the back of the wardrobe & JW became her new screen saver. Ahh, teenage girls.