Colin Sylvia

robbo24

Hmmm. A player that can kick a goal from 50 metres, take a contested mark, kick goals from tight angles, tackle hard, did not get pushed off the footy and not let the opposition move the ball on. All your comments did not focus on this. I was at the game. Watched it from Bay 44. He had plenty of mates who at times looked a second off the pace. Bail was slack, and did not even chase, no 2nd effort, ran hard when he was behind. Frawley also looked disinterested. Kicks the ball sideways and backwards. Trengove 3 critical turnovers that lead to kangas goals. Jetta was as slow as fox glacier. Strauss is all chassis but no engine.

Plenty of "glass half full", negative posters here. You must all be very proud. Colin is a key to our future. Fwd, mid who can get the footy in tough contests, take a contested mark and kick 50. Who else in our team can do that ... names please.

Plenty of others on the train out of MFC before Colin Sylvia.

I am judging this bloke solo, not against others and not just on yesterdays game, don't assume otherwise. After what we've been through this year I am seriously pi55ed at the lot and he's not the only one on thin ice (where do I start?). If we're going to make comparisons though why not Jones, why don't you compare Col with him? Came to the club years after Col, had less talent IMO but is twice to three times as good now?

I've heard all the Col Sylvia platitudes thanks, can do this, can do that, save your breath. I was at the game as well, no idea what bay I was in but what is the relevance? Colin was anonymous yesterday until the game was effectively over. Like you he's probably quite happy with the fact he kicked a few goals from his 12 touches though. Maybe at the end of the year the percentage will keep us above GC or GWS, what a legend!

Edited by diesel

Col should be judged once he gets a proper preseason into him. If he has a season where he has had an uninterrupted run injury wise and still plays like he is just waiting for his next paycheck, then we should look at a trade. I'm not entirely sold on Col. He needs a good season of football behind him, not just a run of five or so games. That being said, his form has been pretty encouraging the last few weeks.

Ha! Ahhhhhhahahahahahahah.

Thanks for the laugh.

FFS, behind Jones, he has been our best player since the bye. Him and Moloney are lads, and a lot of people let that affect how harshly they judge these 2. He obviously is far from perfect, but he is hell of a lot closer than 90% of our list.

• Like 1

FFS, behind Jones, he has been our best player since the bye. Him and Moloney are lads, and a lot of people let that affect how harshly they judge these 2. He obviously is far from perfect, but he is hell of a lot closer than 90% of our list.

But this is the point.... they might be more talented, but they aren't the players that we want a developing list to aspire to... they have the look, the upper body that looks great on the beach, and they can dominate weaker opposition.... These guys are showing the way for the younger players... and its the wrong way.

I'd be happy to let Moloney wander next season, and put Col out there to see what offers come our way... but in saying this, if we let them go, I''d want to see some experience replacing them, ideally players not blessed so much with good hair and unfulfilled potential, but a good work ethic....

Col can be great. He can also disappoint.

I would be sad to see him go, but realise he may need a change of scenery.

My thoughts are that if we trade him we will likely see him prosper and turn into what we hoped he would (I think he would contribute more in a side that sits higher up the ladder). Therefore whatever we get would need to have some good upside.

If we keep him we are a good chance to continually be underwhelmed by him as he will likely not be around when we do become a half decent side (if ever!).

So, we are on a hiding to nothing with him - trade him and stand a good chance to be frustrated when he starts playing A Grade football consistently (and to be known as the best recruit of the year) or keep him and see these inconsistent performances continue.

Hmmm. A player that can kick a goal from 50 metres, take a contested mark, kick goals from tight angles, tackle hard, did not get pushed off the footy and not let the opposition move the ball on. All your comments did not focus on this. I was at the game. Watched it from Bay 44. He had plenty of mates who at times looked a second off the pace. Bail was slack, and did not even chase, no 2nd effort, ran hard when he was behind. Frawley also looked disinterested. Kicks the ball sideways and backwards. Trengove 3 critical turnovers that lead to kangas goals. Jetta was as slow as fox glacier. Strauss is all chassis but no engine.

Plenty of "glass half full", negative posters here. You must all be very proud. Colin is a key to our future. Fwd, mid who can get the footy in tough contests, take a contested mark and kick 50. Who else in our team can do that ... names please.

Plenty of others on the train out of MFC before Colin Sylvia.

None of the payers you speak of have been at the club for 8 seasons and have anywhere near the talent of Col. Its his application and commitment that are the problem. I am staggered you can't see this.

3 possessions to half time?? I couldn't give a toss about what he can do. I care about what he does do. And what he has done for 8 seasons. Which is stuff all.

Never finished inside the top 5 in the B&F shows what the club think of him.

Edited by jnrmac

I don't care if he's a lad if he performs. You seem to be missing the obvious connection. Lad and non-performance = syonara.

He's been our best player the last 5 weeks and had a relatively quiet game on the w/e and still managed to get 3 goals.

I personaly think he has been going well under Neeld and have seen him do a lot more of the tough stuff the last few weeks (excluding the w/e's game)

Teams are always going to have players who work harder or less than others it's inevitable everyone is different. It's going to be up to Neeld

and the coaching department as to how much they can get out of him. I'm hoping another pre season under Neeld will do

him even more good. I don't want us to let him go then next year watch him destroy us with 30 touches and 3 goals that would be demoralising.

Trengove has been terrible all year no one seems to say anything I've seen him numerous times not chasing and causing turnovers and his the captain

Slyvia didn't have a great game but apart from jones who played well

Slyvia will not get traded

Trengove has been terrible all year no one seems to say anything I've seen him numerous times not chasing and causing turnovers and his the captain

Slyvia didn't have a great game but apart from jones who played well

Slyvia will not get traded

JT hasn't been in the system for 8 years?

I don't care if he's a lad if he performs. You seem to be missing the obvious connection. Lad and non-performance = syonara.

You must of missed the part where I said since the bye, he has been our second best player. I am saying he is performing nowhere near as bad as people on here are making out.

• Like 1

Col should be judged once he gets a proper preseason into him. If he has a season where he has had an uninterrupted run injury wise and still plays like he is just waiting for his next paycheck, then we should look at a trade. I'm not entirely sold on Col. He needs a good season of football behind him, not just a run of five or so games. That being said, his form has been pretty encouraging the last few weeks.

Some more rationale thought, without the "throw him off the bus" attitude. IQ's over 50 are much sought after.

Whatever one's views on his future, ie whether he should stay or be offered for trade, I think most would agree that Col IS THE most frustrating player on our list.

Offers so much and usually delivers so little....just enough, often enough, to tease us and con the list managers.

A huge disappointment to most I would think.

Whatever one's views on his future, ie whether he should stay or be offered for trade, I think most would agree that Col IS THE most frustrating player on our list.

Offers so much and usually delivers so little....just enough, often enough, to tease us and con the list managers.

A huge disappointment to most I would think.

Disappointment file: Cale Morton, Brock Mclean, Tom Scully, Addam Maric, James Strauss (still a chance), Jake Spencer (after 4 years !! ...), John Meesen, Jamie Bennell, and etc etc

Was in the rooms after the game Saturday and noticed Col was the first to leave, probably only 20 minutes after the siren. False alarm though, Mr.Schwab informed me all the players were headed to AAMI park for recovery.

You must of missed the part where I said since the bye, he has been our second best player. I am saying he is performing nowhere near as bad as people on here are making out.

You must have missed the part where I said he has been here 8 yrs and consistently underperformed. Players like Col kill everybody- coaches, supporters and teamates.

I bet if you had to go to war you wouldn't pick Col to go with you because it would be almost certain he would let you down. I'd take Magner before him because you know you will get 100% commitment.

See ya later, Colin.

If I toddled around like you did on Etihad the other day, and picked up a large pay-cheque at the end of it, I'd be ashamed.

http://www.melbournefc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/7415/newsid/143050/default.aspx

You've got to wonder where the mindset is at with some of the quotes in this article.

Not taking the Suns "lightly". Bit rich coming from a team 2-15 at 63.8 % !

Neeldy should call Col into his office and tell him that he is being dropped to the VFL and until he learns to pull his head out of his a*se and plays to the best of his ability (I still believe he could win a brownlow) he will not be playing senior footy.