Mitch Clark injury

Dee_Flower

6 weeks minimum on crutches and in plaster before rehab. Doubt it. Lisfranc tears demand that you put no weight whatsoever on the affected foot.

He'll start day 1 of preseason I hope...

So what are you saying he won't touch any upper body weights because he has his foot in plaster?

Gaaaahhhh f a rk it. Has been good to watch. We kicked our highest score of the year, against a bunch of kids and retirees on the weekend, we will struggle to kick to many more winning scores without our leading goal kicker and no crumbers. oooaaaaaapphhh kick in guts.

Edited by Cards13

So what are you saying he won't touch any upper body weights because he has his foot in plaster?

I think they'll be very careful with it - I'm sure he'll do some, but it'd limit you a hell of a lot in that as well. It's about how he positions himself as well when he's doing upper-body stuff.

Edited by Striker475

I think they'll be very careful with it - I'm sure he'll do some, but it'd limit you a hell of a lot in that as well. It's about how he positions himself as well when he's doing upper-body stuff.

Yeah true even need feet to do bench properly. But if he is only in plaster for 6 weeks or so that only takes us to mid August, surely he'd be back into full weight training before day 1 of pre season in October though? Or do you mean full training?

Obviously we aren't going to play finals this year anyway so I'm not fussed in that sense. My concern is this injury has a history causing problems down the track. I hope this isn't the case for Mitch.

Edited by J-Riv
  • Like 1

Matthew Egan from Geelong too I believe.

Foot fracture- same as Garland and Grimes.

I do love how Egan has become the poster child for every career-ending injury ever. He must be so happy to hold that title.

Still feel sick about this. So unfair, and just utterly devastating. I miss him already. This is worse than the day Scully went up "to check the facilities". I actually like Clark! :(

Edited by Jaded

Matthew Egan from Geelong too I believe.

I think his was a bit different. A navicular bone or whatever grimes had last year.

I'm absolutely shattered. Mitch has been a big draw card for me this year and I love the way he plays more than anyone in our team. Just shattered.

Edited by stranga

We really cant catch a break, hard to believe how a season could get worse but we manage to achieve it. There really is no justice in the world.

Im mostly gutted for him because he copped so much flak and has pretty much had an aa season, 5 in subi, 4 at skilled, 4 vs geelong, he was having such a good season and was one of the only postivies of those first 11 weeks and now we cant enjoy him. We finally had a taste of the elite and then this.

All the best in his recovery , really looking forward to seeing him next year

Ok so It seems injuries to the lisfranc can be either a torn ligament or a snapped/ ruptured ligament, In some cases fracture of the bone. After digging up a few articles on Trent Croad It appears he had fractures of the bone and damage to the ligament. After listening to Josh Mahoney on AFL360 and reading the report on the website It looks like Mitch has a torn ligament with no mention of any fractures.

Here's some info on the injury, without knowing all the details It sounds like the best result would be he's walking In a few months.

http://www.sportsmd.com/SportsMD_Articles/id/283.aspx

Obviously I'm not a doctor, I'm just trying to give some info on the type of injury.

Gutted but not surprised. It's been that kind of year. Echo the sentiments of others that I feel for Mitch moreso than the club. He deserves better luck.

Cant just write off 2012 as a result of this. We've got to keep improving and look to win as many of the remaining games as possible.

Onward and upward!!!

Terrible blow for Mitch and for us.

Nothing we can do now but our best to get it sorted with minimal problems.

Will be a big hit to moral losing the forward line leader.

Have been seeing some great comradery after goals on the weekend with the big fella holding court.

Hopefully we can use this setback to our advantage as we've been very Clarke concious to this point.

We will need to work some other avenues to goal and this should hold us in good stead for when he returns next year.

Was talking with my mates about the very notion of it being handy for us to "practise" not always going to Mitch seeing the GWS game was basically over at half time, didn't realise how much "practise" we'd be getting though, absolutely gutted, have loved this bloke all year.

But, if we can use it to discover more forward options it can still be a positive (well, maybe not AS negative anyway).

Just got home from work and read this.....Un!@#@$believable. Gutted for Mitch, and everyone here.....and how bad would Magner be feeling? No other football club in any code through all of history (with the exception of the Manchester United plane crash) could have had a season like this.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.