Laughable

Redleg

Nathan Brown should have been stiff.

And by that I mean he should have been given a week for accidental contact.

You instigate, you don't mean harm, you harm, you are unlucky, you sit out.

Nathan Brown's clumsiness should have been punished.

Edited by rpfc
  • Like 3

Agree. I wonder if Col had writhed on the ground for a few moments and then appeared physically distressed for several minutes on the bench had they taken a different stance. The fact that he got stright up and remonstrated physically with Brown probably did the big filth defender a big favour.

No doubt in my mind that if Fasolo hadn't been winded by Tappy and simply suffered a contusion he'd be playing next week against the GWS

This is relevant in the Buddy sling tackle too. Essentially what the AFL have said by not sanctioning him is you are allowed to sling tackle so long as you are lucky enough that your opponents head does not make contact with the ground and/or they suffer any type of injury.

I can see where you are coming from as the head clash was accidental. The problem is that the AFL rules say, that a player who has a choice to do something other than what he did, which ends up in a head injury even though that part is accidental, is guilty of an offence. Brown didn't have to run at a bloke looking the other way and block him, he could have pushed him for example in the side. He chose to do a body block and then the accidental head clash makes him guilty of an offence. It is the AFL rule not mine. That is just the way it is, except of course when the player hit is Sylvia.

Question: if that had happened to Dale Thomas would it be the same result.

It is really up to the AFL to work out their own rules. My problem is the inconsistent way they apply them.

I tend to think that if Sylvia was knocked out from this incident, Brown would have done time.

The MRP always seem to weigh their decision heavily on the outcome in these types of instances.

I tend to think that if Sylvia was knocked out from this incident, Brown would have done time.

The MRP always seem to weigh their decision heavily on the outcome in these types of instances.

Oh, a broken nose doesn't count as a poor outcome?

Oh, a broken nose doesn't count as a poor outcome?

In my opinion yes.

Seemingly not for the MRP.

It's strange.

I'd have thought the injury would've meant that Brown was in trouble.

This was highlighted when Buddy got off for his sling tackle.

I nearly chocked on my Wizz Fizz when I saw the MRP come out and say that he was "lucky" to get off. What? Surely you're done or you're not. That he was saved by a lack of injury is odd - they went some way to clarify by saying that he didn't use full force and only grabbed one hand. One No. 9 for the Dees only grabbed one hand, and the force was added to by the Adelaide-playing-next-week-best-on-ground-despite-suffering-near-death-injury.

So when you look at sylvia's injuries I wonder why he bothers considering the slagging he gets here

Except when Sylvia has his jaw broken well off the play!!! Edited by monoccular

Sylvia should start a personal injury claim agaist the AFL for failing to protect his person and his livelihood.

He would win.

• Like 3

[censored] joke. Can't afford to have the Buddy's or Swan's out of the game, but if you wear a Melbourne jumper you're deemed expendable. Blatant hit. Leigh Matthews-y.

• Like 1

You're allowed to stomp on hands now. That's new.

The MRP are a joke. There are clear discrepancies in justice based on profile. When Sylvia retires he should go down there and bust some [censored] up. Throw some chairs around and [censored]. Payback.

• Like 1

You're allowed to stomp on hands now. That's new.

The MRP are a joke. There are clear discrepancies in justice based on profile. When Sylvia retires he should go down there and bust some [censored] up. Throw some chairs around and [censored]. Payback.

Yeah, that will show them for having a perceived bias against him for being a thug...

[censored] joke. Can't afford to have the Buddy's or Swan's out of the game, but if you wear a Melbourne jumper you're deemed expendable. Blatant hit. Leigh Matthews-y.

I disagree, Buddy just has to breathe on someone the wrong way and he gets done.

I was surprised he actually escaped penalty for the sling tackle

Buddy's been suspeneded before for regulation bumps