Changes for GWS

Jesse Christ

Martin must come in for Jamar, cos Jamar couldn't be less influential. Davis must get his chance for Tapscott's suspension, Lynden Dunn must get a full game chance ahead of Brad Green, whose career is sadly finished. Bartram in if fit.

This is a must win so we need to pick our best side.

OUT:

Tapscott. Suspended

Green. Just not cutting it at the moment

IN:

Cook. His form has been great and he is a one-grab mark like Clark. It is time.

Bail or Bartram

Give Dunn a full game - his size could be telling against GWS smaller bodies

Morton is interesting. Keep him in. I reckon that little spray from Neeld will be the making of him.

Davey burnt it up at Casey but I am unsure who to drop for him

It would good to put Martin in also but I can't see who to drop for him. Sellar?

• Like 1

We are to tall down back and lacking small mid size defenders. The team needs Bartram or Strauss fit. Looks like Clint may play for Casey Reserves and James had his first game back last week he will be 3-4 weeks away. I would like to think if Clint gets through he comes in. My team

Bartram Frawley Sellar

Nicholson Rivers McDonald

Blease Sylvia Trengove

Howe Watts Dunn

Martin Clark Garland

Jamar Jones Grimes

Moloney Mckenzie Magner

Morton

In Bartram Martin

Out Tapscott Green

Time for Watts to play forward, but become that 7th midfielder, start at CHF then push up to the ball and mainly play between the 50m Arcs, he has been good down back but we need him getting the footy on the middle of the ground and setting the play from there. He has played well against some good teams now we have a weaker draw read through his draft notes, number one pick goal kicking tall forward, elite kick at goal good speed and overhead mark.

• Like 2

Out: Green Tapscott* Sylvia*

*if suspended

In: Martin Bartram Cook

FWIW i thought we were pretty good after 1/4 time on the weekend. There were some positives to take away from the game.

PS To the idiot who was in the MCC level 1 bay M43 who was giving it to watts, you are a melbourne supporter and you were disgusting. Thank god you had the sense to get up and leave at half time because you were about to cop a severe roundhouse from yours truly and the rest of the people in earshot. It looks like you have never played the game you stereotypical armchair footballer

• Like 2

PS To the idiot who was in the MCC level 1 bay M43 who was giving it to watts, you are a melbourne supporter and you were disgusting. Thank god you had the sense to get up and leave at half time because you were about to cop a severe roundhouse from yours truly and the rest of the people in earshot. It looks like you have never played the game you stereotypical armchair footballer

I hope the same bloke just moved down to M47 and we had the same old git with a beard.

'Looking for improvement' he was apparently, and didn't see it from Watts in the past few weeks - that just tells you the kind of fool some people are.

If you form a view that is unchangeable by facts, it is not a view - it's a belief. And believers don't seek knowledge, they seek affirmation.

And that is all they see.

Edited by rpfc
  • Like 1

I hope the same bloke just moved down to M47 and we had the same old git with a beard.

'Looking for improvement' he was apparently, and didn't see it from Watts in the past few weeks - that just tells you the kind of fool some people are.

If you form a view that is unchangeable by facts, it is not a view - it's a belief. And believers don't seek knowledge, they seek affirmation.

And that is all they see.

Your absolutely correct, when morton did that shocking turnover and cost us a goal, it was jack watts fault apparently, still dont no why it was but that 'supporter' was blaiming jack

Ins: Cook - Davey - Couch

Outs: Tapscott (suspended) - Magner (rest) - Trengove (rest)

Cook deserves a chance, and would play on a similar aged defender.

Davey can shred apart lesser teams, and apparently has been doing everything right in casey (from what I hear)

Magner needs a rest and Trenners could do with a 2 week break.

One more good performance for Stef and Barty needs to get his body right first.

FB: Garland - Frawley - McDonald

HB: Nicholson - Rivers - Watts

C: Blease - Jones - Grimes

HF: Sylvia - Cook - Howe

FF: Davey - Clark - Dunn

R: J-man - Moloney - McKenzie

I: Sellar - Couch - Morton

S: Green

Let's be reasonable fellas...

Gysberts just had his first game back after 4 weeks with a broken jaw.

Cook has had 2 really good games, great signs, but the selection committee wouldn't think that was quite enough just yet.

Couch just seems to out of favour for whatever reason. (And don't give me that BS about midfield speed, pretty sure it's worth trying a guy when you're getting smashed by 10 goals every week)

I'd love all 3 to be in, but we've been consistent in not playing them so far, so don't hold out hope you'll be seeing them anytime in the next 2-3 weeks.

• Like 1

Let's be reasonable fellas...

Gysberts just had his first game back after 4 weeks with a broken jaw.

Cook has had 2 really good games, great signs, but the selection committee wouldn't think that was quite enough just yet.

Couch just seems to out of favour for whatever reason. (And don't give me that BS about midfield speed, pretty sure it's worth trying a guy when you're getting smashed by 10 goals every week)

I'd love all 3 to be in, but we've been consistent in not playing them so far, so don't hold out hope you'll be seeing them anytime in the next 2-3 weeks.

Agree stuie

It mystifies me why you recruit a midfielder, promote him before the season starts, add one of our major problems is the midfield and then in spite of him showing good form at Casey every week do not play him in the seniors.

Could he be worse than some playing at present?

I agree why does he stay at Casey?

Edited by old dee
  • Like 1

Cook - he has not only played two games - he played quite a few last season - spoke to him at Fed Sq, just wants to keep going, if it happens, he'll grab it, still short of the playing weight they want him at, but GWS could be a chance

Couch - has been set to work on a few things, a dominant display amd 30 odd touches, must be getting there, he will appear when Footy Dept think he is ready

Guest José Mourinho

Morton gets too much leniency IMO, Watts, Green, Davey have all been dropped to find form, why are we so touchy about doing that to Morton? Obviously needs confidence.

Don't think I can agree with this.

Are we all touchy about Morton getting dropped?

He has been before, and he will be again.

I've got no issue with it & I think he should come into contention this week.

I don't see any uneven leniency that isn't afforded to other players, unless they are at a completely different stage of their career with different issues.

Cook - he has not only played two games - he played quite a few last season - spoke to him at Fed Sq, just wants to keep going, if it happens, he'll grab it, still short of the playing weight they want him at, but GWS could be a chance

Couch - has been set to work on a few things, a dominant display amd 30 odd touches, must be getting there, he will appear when Footy Dept think he is ready

Versus Bennell who has been gifted dozens of games for next to nil result.

Give the kid a chance

Martin & Batram must come in.

Tappy out suspended. Reckon a few are calling time on Green prematurely. if he kicks straight we'd be singing his praises. He is still prepared to put his body on the line and I am convinced his goal kicking will come back. Plenty of blokes are still great kicks at goal well into their 30's, he is just in a funk or a touch injured.

Tough to drop Sellar with the job he is doing but no point playing he and Rivers if there aren't matchups for them down back. Surely we'd be better off with Cook or Dunn filling a spot in the forward line.

Cook - he has not only played two games - he played quite a few last season

Ummm... well aware of that mate, if you re-read you'll see I said 2 really good games, meaning he has been developing, has played really well the last 2 matches but seems like MFC aren't going to play him until he's 28 and 100kg....

I don't see any uneven leniency that isn't afforded to other players, unless they are at a completely different stage of their career with different issues.

Geez, be a bit more wishy washy in what you're trying to say Jose.... So unless Cale Morton was being compared to Cale Morton it wouldn't be uneven?! Think you're starting to trip over your own feet in your rush to defend your old mate Cale.

A whole lot of players have been dropped this year when they deserved it, Jack Watts says Hi btw, the only reason I can think of as to why Cale hasn't been dropped as much is that he's being given a (pretty decent) last chance to show something. Now granted he has improved, but he's coming from a long way behind the standard and he may not make it up to scratch by the time he runs out of chances.

I really hope he becomes something as I hate to think of another wasted high draft pick, but the chances/time on list vs improvement ledger is quite out of kilt at this stage.

Tappy out suspended. Reckon a few are calling time on Green prematurely. if he kicks straight we'd be singing his praises. He is still prepared to put his body on the line and I am convinced his goal kicking will come back. Plenty of blokes are still great kicks at goal well into their 30's, he is just in a funk or a touch injured.

I will compare Brad Green to Yze, both through their careers fantastic by foot, then all the sudden turned unreliable, Yze developed a big hook foot and Green last year and this year his goal kicking has been bad, the issue is his field kicking this year. I like Brad Green but he needs to convert anything inside 40m and between 45 degree angle, he missed three goals, the first one when we needed it 20m out on little angle in the first quarter, then the Jamar dropped mark and the Sylvia play on, should have been 3 goals.

Sorry to say Green is done.

Spot on drdrake. If green is in the side he must kick goals. 3 goals a game and he is a 60 odd goal player and needed. He was not the only one on Monday and we as a team can not afford to miss any chance to score. And Trengove must play against GWS.

GWS would seem a logical time to unleash Cook too but only if it's expected he has the fitness and mind to remain in the side. No point bringing him in for a game or 2 and then sending him back to Casey. Do this in the last 2 or 3 rounds if we want to get a look at blokes. Too early at this stage.

Regarding Green, I'll maintain footy is a game of inches and goal kicking from <45 meters is mostly mental. Don't drop him for this just yet. Would Petterd or Bate even had 3 shots at goal agains the Pies on Monday let alone convert them?

Comparing him to Yze is not fair, Greenie will still dive on the hard ball.

Spot on drdrake. If green is in the side he must kick goals. 3 goals a game and he is a 60 odd goal player and needed. He was not the only one on Monday and we as a team can not afford to miss any chance to score. And Trengove must play against GWS.

Why FYD?

We are 11 games into 2012 and his performances this year have been average at best.

Aside from the fact he is a captain if he is not justifing his spot why does he have to play against GWS?

Surely not because TS is playing for GWS!

Comparing him to Yze is not fair, Greenie will still dive on the hard ball.

The comparison was about how both at the end of their careers they lost their biggest strength the ability to kick the ball at an elite level. For both not only lost it but went from an elite kick to garbage, Green two years ago didn't miss, last year he lost it and hasn't been able to find it again.

Was kind of hoping Tapscott would be available for GWS...

Just on Green, his best year netted ~60 goals. If he is to be what we expect from him it's more likely a 30-40 goals a year player. But no longer is this the case with him. No doubt his kicking for goal is no where near where it used to be, particularly set shots.

He's played 247 games to date. He will play some more before the year is out.

Such was the confidence in his kicking if you gave him 10 kicks at goal 40m out on a 45 degree angle 3 or 4 years ago - even two years ago you would back him to kick 8-9 goals. Now, I wouldn't have the confidence in him kicking 5/10.

May seem harsh, but when he lined up twice on Monday, I just thought "I can't back him in here"