Box Hill Hawks v Casey Scorpions

Just a heads up that I understand the game this week will be the ABC televised game.

If so, it will be the first time this year after seven rounds that the Scorpions will be featuring either on television or radio despite the fact that they're 5-1).

Of course, it makes the day an easy one for me because more people will be posting their views and the scores and I can relax a bit :)

• Like 4

Just a heads up that I understand the game this week will be the ABC televised game.

If so, it will be the first time this year after seven rounds that the Scorpions will be featuring either on television or radio despite the fact that they're 5-1).

Of course, it makes the day an easy one for me because more people will be posting their views and the scores and I can relax a bit :)

Well earned breather KC-especially after last weeks busy game.

Box Hill Hawks v Casey Scorpions (ABC TV)

Peter Jackson VFL

Saturday 12th May

Box Hill City Oval at 1:10 PM

Box Hill Hawks

Backs Jones T Murphy Duryea

Half backs Litherland Cheney Kelly

Centreline Hill Bruce Bateman

Half forwards Langford Gunston Wanganeen

Forwards Lowden Hughes Pattison

Followers McCauley Pratt Schneider

Interchange (from) Andrews Fagan Frank Gilchrist Hallahan Mirra X Murphy Phelps * Tobin

Casey Scorpions

Backs Riseley Macdonald Davis

Half backs L Tynan Panozza Dunn

Centreline Couch Tapscott Jurrah

Half forwards Blease Martin McGough

Forwards Cook Green Watts

Followers Spencer Plummer Nicholson

Interchange (from) Corrigan * Fieldsend Gent Lawrence Patti Pollard Sheahan Smith Taggert

* 23rd player

Port Melbourne v Casey Scorpions

AFL Victoria Development League

Saturday 12th May

Box Hill City Oval at 10:00 AM

Port Melbourne

Backs Plant Evans Dermott

Half backs Thornton Sutcliffe Hinkley

Centreline McCarthy Woods J Allan

Half forwards Williams O'Sullivan Benjamin

Forwards Stack Francellu C Johnston

Followers Ballard Francis Scipione

Interchange (from) Bond Collopy Dureau Jawad D Morris J Morris Newell Papaleo

Casey Scorpions 

Backs Saloon Smith  Sheahan

Half backs Clay Patti Pollard

Centreline Weekes Gent Lindsay

Half forwards Petropoulos Hill Johnston

Forwards Troutman Johnson Allen

Followers Cleven Collins Fieldsend 

Interchange (from) Bull Dearaugo Lang McFarlane McInnes Page K Roberts J Roberts Rosier

A couple of big ins as far as Melbourne listed players in Green and Martin.

They've obviously lost Gysberts, VIney and Lees to injury and Bennell, Fitzpatrick and Petterd promoted to the MFC.

Particular points of interest for me this week are Tapscott, Jurrah, Blease, Martin, Cook and Watts. Cook for the "hurry up and kick on so we can stop this Darling whinging once and for all" factor, and the others because they're the ones I believe should be bashing the door down for selection in the near term.

• Like 1

Guest José Mourinho

As happy as I am to have Fitzpatrick promoted, I'm just as excited to see Cook as the main focal point up forward for once in a while.

Particular points of interest for me this week are Tapscott, Jurrah, Blease, Martin, Cook and Watts. Cook for the "hurry up and kick on so we can stop this Darling whinging once and for all" factor, and the others because they're the ones I believe should be bashing the door down for selection in the near term.

Do not hold your breath Nasher it will be some time before he kicks a bag full in the seniors

Bloody decent forward line!

If only we had midfielders that can get the ball inside 50m. There would have been a few games over the past 3 years that our AFL forward line was these 5 guys. Add Blease and Tappy to the other hff and you have a second forward line.

Dunn Watts

Martin Jurrah Green

Casey Scorpions

Backs Riseley Macdonald Davis

Half backs L Tynan Panozza Dunn

Centreline Couch Tapscott Jurrah

Half forwards Blease Martin McGough

Forwards Cook Green Watts

Followers Spencer Plummer Nicholson

Interchange (from) Corrigan * Fieldsend Gent Lawrence Patti Pollard Sheahan Smith Taggert

From the above list, Watts, Martin and Jurrah are in our best 22, just need some fitness/form. That's 3 relatively young guys that should improve our team significantly.

If we're going to improve as a team, we really really really need those 3 guys + Blease, Tapscott to step up and be counted by seasons end

• Like 1

Agree. Some good signs from the Scorpions

1. We are 2nd on the VFL ladder a good sign of depth and quality.

2. We have former MFC player Brett Lovett as coach, teaching the Casey team to play to Neeld's gameplan and implementing the MFC development agenda.

3. We currently have half a dozen quality players pushing to get back into the Melbourne team including Jurrah, Martin, Watts, Strauss (soon), Tapscott, Blease, Couch and Gysberts (later).

4. Fev is gone, and we can now blood Cook and develop him as our next emerging big forward.

5. we beat Geelong reserves by 46 points (game details)

If the Scorpions are a sign of our future then the glass may still be half full.

Looking forward to watching them play on Sat arvo.

Have to agree on the observation that with Fev gone we can look at the development of Cook as another forward option. Once they are all up and running and we have the midfield that can provide quality delivery, a forward half of Watts, Clark, Cook, Howe, Fitzpatrick and Jurrah starts to look pretty formidable.

I have seen a few Casey games this year and the emergence of Sheahan has been a real highlight. I cannot see the sense of him being demoted to the Development team, if it happens.

Edited by John Dee

From the above list, Watts, Martin and Jurrah are in our best 22, just need some fitness/form. That's 3 relatively young guys that should improve our team significantly.

If we're going to improve as a team, we really really really need those 3 guys + Blease, Tapscott to step up and be counted by seasons end

I agree with this and in form these players do make us a better team. The issue is besides Gysberts(injuried) we don't have any midfielders that you would consider even close to our best 18.

. 3. We currently have half a dozen quality players pushing to get back into the Melbourne team including Jurrah, Martin, Watts, Strauss (soon), Tapscott, Blease, Couch and Gysberts (later). .

Wouldnt that list also include our Captain from last year? Surely he will come back into the seniors in a couple of weeks time. I know its not fashionable to be liking senior experienced players around here, but I for one hope Greeny gets back into form and can still offer us something as a leading forward.

• Like 1