Neeld to be on Ox's show tonight.

jayceebee31

Im a big Neeld fan but is it me or is he venturing into the media spotlight alot more then other senior coaches?

It's been blown out a bit with the Mifsud stuff though. His reported media conference following that was in fact a regular presser that everyone showed up at.

I hope so after the blast he gave to Watts about the media early in pre-season. I like everything about the guy except his constant media coverage.

Hopefully like you said, it seems magnified due to the Mifsud incident...

Im a big Neeld fan but is it me or is he venturing into the media spotlight alot more then other senior coaches?

Every coach has to hold a mandatory midweek presser after training. And are also obligated under the media

laws to be at the post-match press conference. Its just that we've had a lot more newsworthy events happening

that means people pay more attention to our pressers than, say Brendan McCartney, who it seems is flying well

under the radar of scrutiny. That old lunatic Sheedy was on at half time of the Anzac Day game, any bit of

free advertising for your club out there cant be ignored.

The nervous twitch in Neelds right eye becomes more noticeable the more he is on...

• Like 1

Guest José Mourinho

It's also that journos are a lazy bunch, and we're close, along with being next to Collingwood's base, so they prefer to kill 2 birds with one stone.

Guest José Mourinho

Neeld loves the sound of his own voice. We don't want to hear u coach, we want to see it.

Really?

Quick, someone find me a facepalm image!

How does this work for you Jose?........

Facepalm-300x280.jpg

• Like 4

Well do you disagree? Some might say you are the same.

i disagree... he has been forced to face the press with all of the issues facing the club in the opening rounds of this season as well as a portion of the pre-season. He is also beholden to the press and the AFL to give regular pressers, as is every other coach. He probably eats, sleeps and breathes coaching, so I think you will find that he is a man of action as well as a man of words... just that you are only privy to what you read in the press... not what he imparts to the playing group.

Edited by hardtack

Well do you disagree? Some might say you are the same.

Thanks HG between you and Stuie we know you are among the Neeld haters. Our coach who has coached 4 games but hasn't yet turned around a culture and list that has been dishonest and underachieving for years.

He is doing his bit for the club in all facets media included.

I don't post alot but do read alot. Jose has recently provided a voice of reason and has rightly challenged the doubters. Its easy to sit outside and snipe at our 4 game coach from behind a keyboard. Harder to have the courage to back up and stay positive as Jose has repeatedly done.

Do you really know what is going on inside the club? Just because Neeld does media that means his coaching is rubbish?

• Like 3

Guest oldman emubitter

Really?

too many heroes on this board get personal. destroy his argument with facts would be a better course.

it really discourages me to want to post when other posters just want to humiliate fellow supporters

• Like 4

too many heroes on this board get personal. destroy his argument with facts would be a better course.

it really discourages me to want to post when other posters just want to humiliate fellow supporters

You will generally find that well argued and well reasoned opinions will get the respect they deserve and will evoke healthy debate.

You can make the argument - " I prefer an invisible coach who is concentrating soley on football. Let the media be damned and say what they want to say- we dont need to trot out our coach or players to defend or explain. Our actions needs to be counted not words". That would get healthy agrees and disagrees.

Sorry but "Neeld likes the sound of his own voice" is personal in itself and got what it deserved.

• Like 6

As nutbean said - HG's post was deliberately provocative so it was asking for a snide response. People will respond at the same level as the post they're responding to; a mindless, derogatory post will get a mindless, derogatory response. It's like poking at a bear in a cage then wondering why it tried to tear your arm off.

If you post in a rational, sensible manner then mostly you'll be treated in kind - and you'll get a lot more sympathy from the mods if someone does happen to fly off the handle at you (those who bring it on themselves get none). Have a look in the Viney thread at the discussion between Jose, 1858, old55 et al for how productive a disagreement can be when all involved behave like adults.

• Like 1

Guest José Mourinho

I'm not sure it ended up happening.

I've not been able to find it on the SEN website.

Don't think it occurred.

• Like 1