Changes V Western Bulldogs

w00dy

Martin, Bate and Morton all out. Maybe Tom McDonald too. With Sellar and Clark in the side we don't need Martin, plus he's in terrible form. Give Davey one more go. I'm not happy with a lot of other players too but I can't see how we can drop them all. Give Couch a shot, as well as Petterd and bring back Tynan and/or Blease

• Like 1

I almost wonder whether Martin would be better in the ruck - Jamar didnt win many or tapped to no one a few times (althouigh there were some good taps to Jonesy) and his handballing under pressure wasnt helpful. martin did sweat FA in the forward 50 today.

Grimes will be out for next week, so at least one change.

Personally I think it's time to debut Davis. He's showing a bit at Casey, he is fearless and hard at it and he's a better kick. He could do a straight swap for either Grimes or Garland if the coaches get fed up with his kicking.

Tynan has shown himself willing to attack and put his body on the line, so let him have another look. Not sure who goes out.

I honestly can't see a lot of changes coming from this game. We weren't THAT bad. The margin was pretty much all from the third quarter, and if you take that out of the game, we were basically even. Obviously they showed us up with midfield pace (I'm pretty sure I called that a few days ago when the team came out), but there was improvement on the previous week.

This relentless Morton bashing gives me the s##ts. Chooks comment was spot on. He plays now like a bloke terrified of being dropped. Play him every week this year. Rivers needs a rest and Tynan and Couch need a run.

Bartram will never be an integral part of a good side and I would look to replacing him.

These types of comments give me the Sh1ts. Good players seize the moment when presented with it, Not play in fear of being dropped. Case in point the young blonde headed bloke today from Richmond(Morrison). This guy beat every opponent today, Can you say that about Morton?

Welcoming mediocrity is worse than losing, Do you like losing?

• Like 4

Did you watch the game? His one on one efforts lacked any interest in getting the ball, he avoided competitions, his tackles were ineffectual and half-hearted, his decision making was nearly always poor - numerous hand balls to players with opponents on them. And yes, he seems to also be scared of the contest, scared to take on another player and more importantly there were no second efforts. he is a total failure and we should have traded him years ago.

McDonald was poor, Stef Martin had no impact and very little effort, Cale vindicated everything ever said about him, Watts showed a little but had no impact, and our midfield is just WAY off the pace and skill required. Our defense is probably our only strength. Warnock would have been a better keeper than Garland.

Strengths were Howe, Davey, and Clark.

But the poorness is across the board - no one really stood up in the third quarter or even showed a whimper...

You could be talking about 18 to 20 of the players out there today.

BTW I agree about Stef Martin I'm sick of being sucked in by him when he shows a bit of good form and you think stardom is just around the corner. Stef plays about one good game in fifteen and the rest are very, very ordinary. Gone at the end of the year as far as I'm concerned, at least you get a bit of mongrel with Spencer and he seems to love the contest.

Edited by RobbieF

Who gives a crap. Watch us get humiliated and ......

Stupid post Jaded...get rid of it.

Mods I think this is out of line

Edited by dandeeman

Out: Melbourne. In: Casey

Not playing to AFL standard, and we will soon be in "rebuilding" mode again very soon.

I hope the club can withstand it, i have not missed a game in Melbourne in years but i will bee soon.

In Davey's case, put your arm around the coach and watch the whiteboard intently.......

Yeah what was with that. he did it at 1/4 time as well. It looked like he had his arm around a mate and saying how ya going there.

Anyway the worst thng is Neeld said in the presser that Moloney is still a few weeks away. How bad is this groin? We need Sylvia back as well but that wont be for a few weeks either.

Yeah what was with that. he did it at 1/4 time as well. It looked like he had his arm around a mate and saying how ya going there.

Anyway the worst thng is Neeld said in the presser that Moloney is still a few weeks away. How bad is this groin? We need Sylvia back as well but that wont be for a few weeks either.

I'd say first half of the year to sort the list, who to keep going forward, who to trim & who to trade... it could be a bleak 8 weeks or so till we start to put time into the Real players of our future.

In: Mathew whelan

Out: clint bartram

Even though he played [censored], Bartram surprisingly was in my top 10 players.

But how many people would love to see this?

In: Casey Scorpions

Out: Melbourne Demons

Simple. We'd play 10 times better.

Well the good news is the dogs only kicked 5 goals for the game and got thrashed. Next week we could have a chance. They dont have hall or hudson anymore. The bad news is there midfield is still alright with Boyd cooney and co. So Royal better do his homework. I dont think there backline is to tall either. We need to exploit them. Lake has also been reported.

Another week where a new coach will get there 1st win. Oh geez please let it be us.

Edited by dees189227

martin is tremendoudly out of form and is miles away from the form of mid last year

And so say/ Frawley, Garland, Green, Jamar, Trengove, Bail, all of the senior players. Only the young ones are playing a swell as they have.

Excepting Jones, & Howe, & Watts is ok.

Back on topic. I'll edit this come tomorrow but I don't want to see too many changes. Mainly as it does no one any good dropping them after one week.

Out: Martin (we are too tall at the moment need more mids and I want to give McDonald another game) & Bail (Out of form poor chap)

In: Best 2 mids from Casey this week.

• Like 2

Even though he played [censored], Bartram surprisingly was in my top 10 players.

Robert Nahas destroyed Bartram today, played on him for most of the day adn Nahas had 11 score involvements for the game. He ran rings around our side. I have to disagree there.

Martin, Bate and Morton all out. Maybe Tom McDonald too. With Sellar and Clark in the side we don't need Martin, plus he's in terrible form. Give Davey one more go. I'm not happy with a lot of other players too but I can't see how we can drop them all. Give Couch a shot, as well as Petterd and bring back Tynan and/or Blease

I would've thought that Bail would've been a more likely out than Morton. Morton gopt involved in the play more. Bail tackles slipped, his turned the ball over terribily by foot but he seems to be a few peoples golden child because his a late draft pick perhaps